Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

I made a big mistake and teased
::yes::

Teasing this was my mistake
[/QUOTE
::yes::::yes::::yes::

She isn't pursuing a career in law, she just loves Judge Judy.
Of course she does. I would expect nothing less from such a shining star of a human.

If you don't know who Cole Sprouse is: he's a teen heartthrob
*cough*also mid 20s heartthrob*cough*

Unfortunately, Cole cancelled his appearance at the convention on Monday.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Come on Cole. Get it together.

That will be super fun!!!

UMM amazing surprise! I love Riverdale, even if i am behind like 10 episodes... And till you got the part about Cole Sprouse canceling i was about 10 clicks from figuring out how to go and see him! He is adorable, as is KJ Apa!

Have so much fun! Post some pics here after!

YAY!!! So glad to find another Riverdale watcher on the Boards! :tigger: We're really excited to go together and see KJ!

Thank you so much, I will update you guys with pics!

Great FPs!

A shame about SDD but I love your Epcot and meet and greet fast passes.

Yay on the surprise but a shame Cole cancelled his appearance. Congrats to Grace on graduating high school!! 👩‍🎓

Thank you!!

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed a SDD FP+ opens up, but Epcot is gonna be a great day!!!

Sad on Cole, but Grace and I are super excited to go anyway! I will pass your congratulations on to Grace!

Well, I just read through 9 pages of PTR, so I guess I'm joining in :-).

So many thoughts (omg on finals, yay for MM, I can't believe you haven't gotten a notification for CG brunch) but most of them are no longer timely.

We'll be arriving on the 25th, so ships passing in the night. It's getting close!
:welcome: Thank you so much for joining along! So happy to have you here!!Timely or not, I appreciate that you had thoughts on my PTR! Technically, I got one notification for CG brunch. Two months ago. But it was gone by the time I went to book it, unfortunately :sad: I am STILL keeping the hope alive, though, since I know at least one or two more tables will open up closer to the day-of! ::yes::

Alright now I’m picturing him with like the error message covering his face and he’s like “look! I’m on a website!”

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Of course she does. I would expect nothing less from such a shining star of a human.

*cough*also mid 20s heartthrob*cough*

BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Come on Cole. Get it together.

That will be super fun!!!

AHAHAHA I wish it was that clever!!!! Right now, it's just him with his mouth open and eye wide, but you should send this idea to Disney and see what they have to say about it.

yes it was COMPLETELY my bad to tease this and I thought of you as soon as I was able to reveal this and I needed you to KNOW so i ran here to post it

you are Grace's FAVORITE member of the DIS community

you right, you right.

PULL 👏 IT 👏 TOGETHER 👏 COLE 👏 SPROUSE!!!!

But yes, you are correct-- Grace and I are gonna have a (move it! shake it! mousekedance it! voice:) good, good, good, a good time!!

Calling Cole Sprouse a teen heartthrob... pushing it. KJ Apa on the other hand, we can discuss (the accent, the abs, the hair, etc.) I'm sorry you won't meet your love but I love how great a sister you are and that you and Grace are gonna be living your best life in just a week. Also, her cap is fabulous and I lived for it. If I had actually gone to my college graduation, I wouldn't have done Disney to shock everyone so props to her on that.

Congrats to Grace! Last week's weather was the worsttttt!!

What a fun gift for yourself and Grace! But that's such a bummer that Cole cancelled! You'll have fun anyway though! Can't wait to hear about it!

Glad your FPS mostly went well! I seriously do not understand the SDD fastpass situation at all! In August last year, I snagged them no problem! This year in June, nada. I managed to get one closer to the trip though and some appeared same day, so don’t give up hope!

Meeting Edna Mode and the Jack-Jack cookie are two of the best things Disney has done recently!

Aw that surprise is great for you and your sister! I know how you feel watching her graduate high school- my baby sister graduated college this year and I’m just sitting here thinking how it’s possible I got so old lol!

Congrats to Grace! Last week's weather was the worsttttt!!

What a fun gift for yourself and Grace! But that's such a bummer that Cole cancelled! You'll have fun anyway though! Can't wait to hear about it!

I will pass your congratulations onward! The rain was SERIOUSLY disgusting and it's thunder-storming again currently where I am. :sad2: Yesterday was so nice, too! I really thought we were out of it for a while :sad:

We're going to have so much fun, I can't wait to tell you guys about it!!

Glad your FPS mostly went well! I seriously do not understand the SDD fastpass situation at all! In August last year, I snagged them no problem! This year in June, nada. I managed to get one closer to the trip though and some appeared same day, so don’t give up hope!

Meeting Edna Mode and the Jack-Jack cookie are two of the best things Disney has done recently!

Aw that surprise is great for you and your sister! I know how you feel watching her graduate high school- my baby sister graduated college this year and I’m just sitting here thinking how it’s possible I got so old lol!

I don't understand, either! I think every time a new attraction opens, more and more people find out about FP+. Back when I worked in a pre-Pandora WDW, I remember telling at least three shocked guests about FP+ a day. I am definitely keeping my hopes up for SDD, though!

YES!!! Municiberg is so cute, I need to meet Edna and have a Jack-Jack cookie!!!

Right? I can't even imagine what it's going to feel like when Grace graduates college :sad:

Update: Riverdale Con 2019!
You waited, you asked for it, here it is: photos from the 2019 Riverdale Convention in NJ!

Bad news first: So first they brought in Madelaine Petsch, who plays another main character named Cheryl Blossom, to replace Cole. Then KJ Apa cancelled, like the night before the convention pre-registration was supposed to begin, and they replaced him with Chad Michael Murray, who plays one of this season's main villains. And THEN, the NIGHT BEFORE THE CONVENTION, MADELAINE cancelled. She cancelled stepping in for Cole's cancellation because she injured her knee. They ended up replacing her Sunday appearance with three smaller actors: Zoe de Grand Maison, Hart Denton, and Rob Raco, who play Evelyn, Chic, and Joaquin respectively.

The whole thing was a mess. We're talking a MESS here, and there was SO much drama on FB about it. People on Facebook were fighting Creation employees because they didn't want to go to the convention without Cole and KJ, and Creation's policy will not refund admission tickets. Grace and I were hurt about this whole situation. However, I still had Jordan, and I had heard really positive things about Rob, so we decided to go anyway and just trade in our Cole and KJ tickets for a voucher for other M&Gs and merchandise.

Grace and I got to the hotel at 8:20. Registration was supposed to open at 9, they ended up opening registration for the day closer to 8:45. We got our wristbands for the day, got our vouchers to trade in, and got in line to use that voucher to buy other photos and autographs. I ended up having about $230 between my Cole photo and autograph, and Grace had $90 since she only had a KJ photo and he was a lot cheaper than Cole.

I decided I would get a photo and autograph with Rob and Hart. That would round out a nice photo and autograph for all three of the actors I cared about that would be there today. Grace decided she would get a photo with Zoe and used the rest of her voucher to buy some merchandise from the vendor room.

Now it's time for some good news: meeting Jordan was exactly what I wanted it to be. He was extremely sweet and so happy to be there, and I got to bond with him over how much I love his dog.

Now it's time for some great news: Cole cancelling this convention ended up being the best thing that's ever happened to me. Hart and Rob, ESPECIALLY Rob, are two of the greatest people I've ever met in my entire life. Rob is such a genuine person, and he has one of the most beautiful hearts I've ever encountered in my life. The Q&A Panel he had with Hart was so much fun, and Hart told us the most beautiful stories behind a tattoo that I've ever heard.

I've met a lot of celebrities before, but nobody could have prepared me for meeting Rob for the first time. The photos were pretty rushed, but I wanted to ask him for a "hug shot," since that's what I wanted with Cole and those are always the cutest. I walked up to him and asked for a hug and he screamed "GIVE ME A HUG, GIRL!" then he squeezed me, and he said "let's take a cool photo!" and this happened:

So then I thanked him for coming to NJ and started walking away... but then, he stopped me, stopped the photographer and said "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I WANT TO DO ONE MORE!" and then THIS happened completely by surprise before I had time to process it:

I was SHOOK when I walked away from this M&G. Completely, utterly SHOOK.

I will keep the conversation Rob and I had at the autograph table close to my heart, but when I walked away from him, I was wiping away tears. I was not expecting happy tears on this day after having Cole and then KJ break my heart, but by the end of the day, Rob had become my favorite celebrity that I've ever met. It's hard for me to describe it. He made everyone he encountered, especially me, feel so special. He is one of those people who are so electrifying that you just can't not love him.

Also, Grace says that Zoe was also a really great person. She has not scanned her photo yet, which is in her possession and she's at college orientation right now, so I'll add that photo to the TR later.

And that is my story on how Riverdale Con became one of the best days of my life despite the fact that both actors I really wanted to see cancelled. I will probably write a post on tinkerkait for it this Friday, so you can look out for that if you really want to! I think it will likely have everything I said here and not much more, but I need the money the ads on the blog are slowly bringing me, so there's that.

I will probably finally be back with another Disney related update this week when I do my inaugural 4th of July PTR post!

Last edited:
Awww you really are the best at turning a sucky situation into a great one! I might be totally wrong here but it seems like the “smaller” actors probably appreciate fans more! And I’m sure they went above and beyond knowing they weren’t necessarily the first choice. I really need to watch Riverdale. It’s been on my list forever but I keep bringing myself back to shows I’ve watched a hundred times!

Wow it sure does sound like a mess! I would have been so upset!

Jordan looks SO happy, such a cute pic! And I'm so glad meeting Hart & Rob was so awesome! So glad you had a wonderful time!!

Bad news first: So first they brought in Madelaine Petsch, who plays another main character named Cheryl Blossom, to replace Cole. Then KJ Apa cancelled, like the night before the convention pre-registration was supposed to begin, and they replaced him with Chad Michael Murray, who plays one of this season's main villains. And THEN, the NIGHT BEFORE THE CONVENTION, MADELAINE cancelled. She cancelled stepping in for Cole's cancellation because she injured her knee. They ended up replacing her Sunday appearance with three smaller actors: Chloe de Grand Maison, Hart Denton, and Rob Raco, who play Evelyn, Chik, and Joaquin respectively.
Okay every sentence in this paragraph freakin HIT me so I'll break it down.

So first they brought in Madelaine Petsch, who plays another main character named Cheryl Blossom
LOVE her, pretty good sub for Cole.

Then KJ Apa cancelled
The heck, dude?

replaced him with Chad Michael Murray, who plays one of this season's main villains
Wait WHAT? I will admit I've stopped watching because the show just got way too weird for me but HELLO if CMM is in it then maybe it's time for a resurrection.

And THEN, the NIGHT BEFORE THE CONVENTION, MADELAINE cancelled
THE HECK, DUDE?

she only had a KJ photo and he was a lot cheaper than Cole.
Hm I find this surprising...

Now it's time for some good news: meeting Jordan was exactly what I wanted it to be. He was extremely sweet and so happy to be there, and I got to bond with him over how much I love his dog.
That's so sweet! What a cute interaction.

Now it's time for some great news: Cole cancelling this convention ended up being the best thing that's ever happened to me. Hart and Rob, ESPECIALLY Rob, are two of the greatest people I've ever met in my entire life. Rob is such a genuine person, and he has one of the most beautiful hearts I've ever encountered in my life. The Q&A Panel he had with Hart was so much fun, and Hart told us the most beautiful stories behind a tattoo that I've ever heard.
That is amazing! Love that a not so great situation turned into something spectacular.

I've met a lot of celebrities before, but nobody could have prepared me for meeting Rob for the first time. The photos were pretty rushed, but I wanted to ask him for a "hug shot," since that's what I wanted with Cole and those are always the cutest. I walked up to him and asked for a hug and he screamed "GIVE ME A HUG, GIRL!" then he squeezed me, and he said "let's take a cool photo!" and this happened:
Yes, love it!

So then I thanked him for coming to NJ and started walking away... but then, he stopped me, stopped the photographer and said "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I WANT TO DO ONE MORE!" and then THIS happened completely by surprise before I had time to process it:
DANG GIRL!!

I was SHOOK when I walked away from this M&G. Completely, utterly SHOOK.
Honey I am shook just reading this.

Wow. Great photos, great stories, great day. 10/10 for sure.

Last edited:
Ah!

What an amazing day!! So exciting! Amazing pictures, it’s so nice when something turns out for the better even when you expected it to be a let down!

I guess I’m old because I’m over here wondering why you didn’t meet Chad Michael Murray!!!! Love him!! I’m a one tree hill girl.... see old

So happy you had a great day!

I'm so happy it all worked out for you in the end! Who knows, maybe Cole and KJ would have been so cold that it would have ruined them for you. Everything happens for a reason right???

Also, not that I NEED to add anything else to my plate but I may eventually pick your brain about starting a blog. But first I need to get everything else in my life in order! haha

Count me in the One Tree Hill fan club lol. My walls were FULL of CMM posters in high school 🥰

Your pictures are all super cute- glad they day turned out to be a great one for you and Grace!

Awww you really are the best at turning a sucky situation into a great one! I might be totally wrong here but it seems like the “smaller” actors probably appreciate fans more! And I’m sure they went above and beyond knowing they weren’t necessarily the first choice. I really need to watch Riverdale. It’s been on my list forever but I keep bringing myself back to shows I’ve watched a hundred times!

I think you're right: the "smaller" actors seem to appreciate fans more than the big names do, and Hart & Rob were both so amazing to everyone! I definitely recommend starting Riverdale, especially before S4 starts!

Oh wow what an interaction with Rob...glad you had a great time after all the cancellations :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!!

Wow it sure does sound like a mess! I would have been so upset!

Jordan looks SO happy, such a cute pic! And I'm so glad meeting Hart & Rob was so awesome! So glad you had a wonderful time!!

It was a WHOLE mess. I was upset, our whole FB group was upset, the entire state of NJ was upset, Oprah was upset... we were all upset.

Jordan was great with all of the fans, and Hart & Rob were just incredible!!! I had the best time ever!!!!

Okay every sentence in this paragraph freakin HIT me so I'll break it down.

LOVE her, pretty good sub for Cole.

The heck, dude?

Wait WHAT? I will admit I've stopped watching because the show just got way too weird for me but HELLO if CMM is in it then maybe it's time for a resurrection.

THE HECK, DUDE?

Hm I find this surprising...

That's so sweet! What a cute interaction.

That is amazing! Love that a not so great situation turned into something spectacular.

Yes, love it!

DANG GIRL!!

Honey I am shook just reading this.

Wow. Great photos, great stories, great day. 10/10 for sure.

YEP. My ENTIRE thought process throughout the whole ordeal.

Yes, Chad Michael Murray plays one of the villains this season!!!! There were a LOT of people who came last minute just to meet him!!!

Creation Entertainment charged WAY too much for Cole this year. In fact, they jacked the price of a Sunday ticket because Cole was supposed to be there. KJ was supposed to be there Saturday AND Sunday, but of course, ONLY Sunday with Cole was $30 more for general admission :sad2:

Honestly, this whole day was absolutely incredible. I can't get over how much fun I had with Grace and the cast members!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter