Our "FDP"! (Family Dining Plan)

Cindylieu

Mouseketeer
Just wanting to post how excited I am! My hubby and I are going in Jan for 17 days (16 nights). Today we loaded our Disney Gift Cards with the money we will bring for food, souvenirs, Genie+, and ILLs. If we had purchased the Disney Dining Plan, that alone would have cost us about $3000 (+ tips) for our 16 day trip, and that would ONLY have been food. We estimate $2400 for food (meals and snacks, popcorn bucket and refillable mugs), Genie+/ILLs, and souvenirs (1800 is food and tips). If we are estimating correctly, then having our Family Dining Plan will save us $1200 by the end of our trip! WOW!

I'm assuming you aren't really planning many sit down meals. Your total is 70/person/day - that will go fast if you are doing much table service. Genie+ was 27/person/day for MK when we were there a few weeks ago, so that will take a pretty big chunk of your $70 for that.

I'm sure you have crunched the numbers to come up with your totals, but in my mind they seem just a little low.

Hope you can pull it off. We were just down for 8 nights and spent much more than $100 per day on food for 2 people. We like to do a mixture of counter service and table service meals. Table service has gotten so expensive that you could blow your whole daily budget plus extra on one meal for 2 people on property.

Could be! We shall see. 😁

I'm not worried either way. We did it this way to take advantage of the 5% savings through Target. If I underestimated, we will just pay the difference. We don't want to come home with money on the Disney Gift Cards and then have to figure out what to do with them. This way we get a few hundred in savings on our trip (paid for hotel this way too) and have our food "prepaid" in a way.

Happy travels, friends! I'll try to remember to tell you how it went!😜

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter