Our experience with Magic Bands and FP+, stayed at BLT

trebornozel

Earning My Ears
Loved it all. Two of us stayed at Bay lake Tower for 5 days. Checked in September 30, the first day of testing for them, loved hearing the excitement from the BLT Cast Members explaining the bands to the guests.

-had ours shipped to the house, glad I did because ours were the different colors we chose, not the grey that I saw a lot of people wearing, the grey color is cool, our orange and green color was just cooler. :)

-the bands were comfortable, they did sweat a little in the heat, but not to the point I had to take them off to dry

-they worked great getting into the parks, getting on the rides I selected for FP+, and worked great when paying for food/merchandise

-they got a lot of attention from other guests and a lot of CMs asked us how we liked them; it was fun to have those kinds of discussions with others

-used them at Blizzard Beach, just to get in the park and pay for food, no FP+ rides here, they stayed on the wrists, got wet, no issues

-when paying for food/merch, it'll ask for the PIN number you selected for it, so remember it (no PIN number needed for the rides obviously)

-when touching the band against the 'Mickey' on the rides, or touching to open your hotel door, it is a little picky that you sort of have to touch it 'just right'; minor thing, but there's that little apprehension when you think, "oh crap, this is the day it doesn't work", but it worked 100% of the time for us, so yay

-I like to think that because we had the band this happened: on Tuesday the 1st I was playing around on MDE on my phone, and for S's and G's, I checked for a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest for the next day on the 2nd. THERE WAS A TABLE for us! The next night! For dinner! At 6pm! It had nothing to do with the band obviously, but I like to pretend it was, lol. (Oh, and BoG for dinner was fan flippin fantastic)

-we enjoyed being able to change around our FP+ times from the MDE app; 90% of the time it allowed us to change the times and/or ride, but other times it said the times weren't available or the experience wasn't available

-we renewed or annual passes while we were down there and linked our new APs to MDE no problem

-that's about it, checked out of BLT, got an email confirmation of all the charges spent via the bands, got on to Magical Express (they didn't ask for the bands), and came home last night

Love the bands, love MDE. So feel free to ask any questions!

Glad everything went so smoothly for you!

Thanks for the report! :thumbsup2 Did you do only MB or did you get backup room keys, also?

When you checked in, were you able to choose your PIN at that time? I've actually set ours up on MDE but not 100% sure I remember correctly what numbers I chose. Just wondering if there is a keypad or something at the check-in desk where we can either confirm the PIN or choose a new one.

They gave us room keys too. Said there were some restaurants that didn't take the MBs but we never saw that. Always got to use our bands. Forgot to mention we used them at all Food and Wine kiosks, no problem. IMO they were a little bit faster than the wristband gift cards.

We weren't given the option to choose our PIN at the front desk b/c I guess they saw that we already had one selected. She had us tap our band and she said, 'Do you remember your PIN? If so, enter it now'. I semi-remembered what I used on MDE and typed it in. Luckily it worked. Not sure what would have happened if it didn't.

We weren't given the option to choose our PIN at the front desk b/c I guess they saw that we already had one selected. She had us tap our band and she said, 'Do you remember your PIN? If so, enter it now'. I semi-remembered what I used on MDE and typed it in. Luckily it worked. Not sure what would have happened if it didn't.

My husband won't be with us when we check in so can they go ahead and do this with his band, too?

My husband won't be with us when we check in so can they go ahead and do this with his band, too?

We saw that happen a couple of times when we were at the front desk, where all the party weren't there. The CMs gave all bands to the person whose name was on the reservation and was told those could be passed out to the rest of the party.

They gave us room keys too. Said there were some restaurants that didn't take the MBs but we never saw that. Always got to use our bands. Forgot to mention we used them at all Food and Wine kiosks, no problem. IMO they were a little bit faster than the wristband gift cards.

Awesome to know! Thanks. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter