Our dining reviews, 11/26-11/29

My princess Livy

Mommy to a Princess and 3 Pirates
We arrived around 11am on the 26th and checked in at our hotel, and then headed straight to Epcot. Rode a few things and the kids were getting hungry, so we headed for the world showcase. We had adrs, for Boma that evening, so had planned to wing it for lunch. We ended up at the Biergarten, and were seated within 5 minutes. We love it here, everything was yummy, I thought the show was great, even better than usual with the Christmas stuff added. We were there to celebrate my daughter's birthday, they announced it to the entire restaurant, and sang to her in German. She also got a card signed but many of the staff, and a gingerbread man. 5 stars

We were so stuffed that night, we cancelled Boma, and ended up ordering room service arouond 9pm that night. A kids cheeseburger meal, with grapes and boma chips, an adult cheeseburger, with boma chips, and a banana split. The burgers were fine, average, but they didn't send any condiments, I didn't ask because when we've had room service at the Poly it came with them, so a bit dry. The banana split was huge and yummy, and it all arrived within about 20 minutes. 3.5 stars

The next day , was breakfast in the room. We were at the Magic Kingdom this day, and planned to eat lunch at Columbia Harbour house. We arrived promptly at 11am, and were told that they had no soups or mac and cheese available yet. So we ended up at Cosmic Rays. I had the half rotisserie chicken meal, with mashed potatoes and carrots. It was good, much like boston market .... Dh had the Half rack of ribs, same veggies. The ribs were tender, not real seasoned though. But more than decent. The kids split mac and cheese and chicken tenders/fries. They came with grapes and carrots. They were fine, average kids meals. It was not crowded here at all.
We had a snack this afternoon at the main street bakery. I had an ice cream sandwich, freshly made and wonderful. Dh had a banana bread pudding, he liked it but said it was firmer like a cake. The kids split a huge cinnamon bun. Also very good.

We at the Mara tonight after swimming. I had the African stew, it was great, a bit spicy but not hot, just seasoned. I loved the bread bowl it came in. Dh had the African house salad. It was a salad, with sweet potatoes grated in it, jicama, lentils, and had grilled chicken with a ginger soy dressing. Also very good. It came with a flat bread very similar to pita. I think the kids both had mac and cheese again. The castmembers saw my daughters birthday button and brought her a cupcake with mickey spinkles. Very thoughtful.

Tues. Again breakfast in the room. Lunch was at Flametree BBQ. Dh had the ribs, they came with baked beans and corn on the cob. I had the pork sandwich with the same sides. The kids shared with us and had the chicken wings meal. We also had a side of onion rings. The rings were very good. The ribs and sandwich were good, but not as good as we remember flametree being in the past. :confused3 The kids really like the wings. They again came with grapes and carrots. They would not allow a substitution, and we were not on the ddp.
Dinner this night was at Boma. We checked in about 30 minutes early, but were not seated for about 35 minutes. The chef came right out and discussed my son's treenut allergy and took me thru the buffet. He also offered many other choices of desserts for him, as most on the buffet were not safe, including the much prized zebra domes. Dinner here was very good, soups were especially good. They had prime rib, which I thought was just ok, but they also had a sliced steak at the carving station that was very good. Salmon was good. Lots of sides, and the desserts were great. The kids found plenty and we were very stuffed. They also offered dd a card and cupcake, although not till the very end of our meal, and my oldest son, had actually fallen asleep by then, lol. We didn't eat at any disney restaurants the next day, as we had breakfast in the room, then lunch downtown, as my son had an appt at arnold palmer. Hope this helps someone.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter