Our dining review 6/12/19-6/21/19

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

We just got back from a great trip and used the regular dining plan.

The good:
1-California Grill. Awesome!! Had the sushi and homemade pepperoni pizza. Paid OOP. We did our own Highway in the Sky and watched the MK fireworks from the balcony.
2-Le Cellier- Perfection! I had the filet and DH had the ribeye. They were cooked perfectly. Great service and awesome chocolate mousse.
3-Chef's de France- Wonderful! Great service, lobster bisque and pork shank.
4-Sci-Fi- Super! paid OOP. Great burger, fried pickles and crab dip.
5-Teppan Edo- Terriffic! Had the best chef, so much fun. Had a great family to sit with. There was plain rice (last time it was beef rice), noodles, veggies and DH and I both got the NY strip.
6-Biergarden- Yummy as usual. Sat with two CM's. They were great!
7-Pizza at the Leaping Horse. Very good!
8-Skipper's canteen- Fun and good as usual. DH got the steak salad, which he thought was the best salad ever. I got the chicken with no sauce. The chicken is good fried chicken, very crunchy and not greasy.

The ok:
1-Tiffins. We were surprised that this meal was just ok. Last year it was spectacular. Our server was ok, not great-not bad, just ok. The new steak and lobster was just ok. Last years steak was amazing and the cauliflower puree was spectacular.
2-Rainforest Cafe at AK. DH loves this place, I don't know why. The food is just ok. Service is just ok. I got the shrimp combo and DH got the ribs.

The bad:
1-Both breakfast items at the Boardwalk Bakery. The everything bagel and ham/egg sandwich were disgusting!

Over all we had a great food experience this trip!

We have tried Tiffin's twice, both times were thoroughly "meh." We are trying it one more time via the FOTLK package this time around and if it's not great it's off our list forever. I am bewildered by the glowing reviews on here but clearly some people have had great experiences there. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing. We've had a similar experience with Tiffins and I think it is definitely on the decline. I feel like they've started to change the menu to be more geared towards the masses and the service has gone down hill too. We've skipped it our last few trips and don't intend on going back anytime soon. Which is sad since it was once at the top of our lists.

Thanks for the reviews.
We usually bring in breakfast food, so we haven't tried the bakery. Aounds like we're not missing much.
Our previous meals at Tiffins were really good. Last fall, it was good, but not uop to previous meals. I noticed a lot of changes. Starting with the first entree item. Chicken and waffles. Just don't see how that fits in that restaurant.
Hopefully it will be back to previous levels this fall.

Thank you for sharing...we are considering alot of those for our upcoming trip in January and your reviews help the elimination process!

Thanks for sharing. We've had a similar experience with Tiffins and I think it is definitely on the decline. I feel like they've started to change the menu to be more geared towards the masses and the service has gone down hill too. We've skipped it our last few trips and don't intend on going back anytime soon. Which is sad since it was once at the top of our lists.

Went to both Tiffins and Nomad Lounge a bunch of times in the past year and I think your server has a VERY heavy impact on your experience in both venues. Had a great time every time but a lot of it had to do with the top notch service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter