Our august trip mini food review

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
I am so grateful for what I have learned here, so here is my take! 7 places were new to us!

First couple days no TS - but did the twilight feast at the Poly. The prices are increased from January and I think its less food but its still a lot of food. Delicious as always!

1. Bon voyage breakfast. Food was just ok -- we tried an omelette, the calzone , pancakes and steak and eggs. The character interaction was great though!!

2. Hollywood brown derby - had wanted to try for a long time. Service andatmosphere great. My sister got the grouper with lobster cioppino --that was the best dish! Did not like my pork. tried the cobb salad - not a fan I liked that dessertswere little sampler sized. Would not hurry back..

3. Biergarten -- a must do for us. Everything was great as usual.

4. San Angel Inn (dinner). Finally tried this. Service was good and the food was good! I would definitely consider a returntrip. Best dish> Chile relleno con camaron. We dont like tequila so it was hard to find a drink but the sangria was good!

5. Flying Fish. We usually do Citricos and tried this and I think it is a new must do! Pork belly appetizer a must !!! The seabass and filet fantastic! And an amazing wine list. Bread was awesome and service was great!!

6. Akhershus - lunch. Had not done for years but now that we have the 2nd DD (age 2) we had to go back! I had not remembered much of the cold buffet but enjoyed it this time. I got the viking mixed platter and hated the sausage. The kjotkakke was good. The princess interaction was really good this visit! 4 princesses plus Belle.

7. BOG lunch. Food was good. Could not get a table in the west wing. I had pre-ordered and accidently double ordered DH's dish! Realized as the food was almost getting to us. Ran to front to get refund and told hte server to give us only 1 of the dish as it was a mistake. Everyone was very helpful. We like the triple choc cupcake. :) Now we have tried every meal here (though dinner was before it became prix fixe).

8. Victoria and Albert's. Just me and DH. First time ever. Queen Victoria room. 4 hour meal. I live in NYC and have been to some of the best restaurants here but this was must more expensive. I really enjoyed it. Fantastic wines!!

9. Tiffins. ROL package though we never returned for ROL as we got tired. I did not think it was as good as our first visit. I have mixed feelings. I wasnt feeling well so maybe that was it. Liked the apps and dessert the best. Tried the Jenn's tattoo drink -- too sweet! Last time I did a wine flight which I had loved.

10. Cape May breakfast! Loved it. Great food and the characters spent so much time. We were staying at the beach club (we did a split stay) so it was easy. So glad we tried it.

11. Rose and crown. First time! Hated the welsh dragon --had been wanting to try it since March. Fish and chips and the salad were good. sticky tofffee pudding was best dessert of the trip.

Also did 1 new (to me) treat or snack in each country in EPCOT.
1. Mexico: churros -- great!Better than frontier land
2. Norway: The Oslo drink. Good.
3. China : egg rolls - yum!
4. Germany: Shofferhoffer grapefruit beer-- great! Looking for it here!
5. Italy: bought some little chocolates as nothing else excited me.
6. America: turkey leg!! Yes after 13 trips this was our first (and last) one!
7. Japan: Peach sake - how did I miss this before?!
8. Morocco: Honey chocolate baklava - very sweet
9. France- Grapefruit rose -- i then bought a bottle to bring home :)
10. England - Welsh dragon (yuck) and sticky toffee pudding (yum!)
11. Canada -- our last night and i needed to get something! Got Inniskillin vidal icewine. Just like icewine-- very sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter