Other "things" to do at WDW?

madmak

Earning My Ears
Taking the family back to Disney World for the 8th time next New Years ('19/'20). I always try a find something that we haven't done yet but its getting harder to do. Last time we rented the little speed boat at the Contemporary and drove around the lake for a few hours. I've looked at the "Behind the scene" tours but i have teenage girls and don't know if they will be bored. Any suggestion?

-Mini golf! Disney has two mini golf courses, Fantasia Gardens & Winter Summerland. I don't know how the holiday season will effect hours, but usually this is a great way to stay away from crowds and have fun for a few hours.

-Splitsville bowling at Disney Springs

-By the time you get down there, the NBA experience will also be open at Springs. I don't have all the details about it, but there will probably be some fun activities for teens there!

-Several Disney spas offer a new(ish) teen/adult version of "character makeovers," I'll link more information to that here.

We love to take breaks at AoA and do a free artist class. It's a nice souvenir and fun too!!

Behind the seeds tour is fun! I'm not a huge plant person but I leaned a lot and it was cool to be behind the scenes. We've also done the magic kingdom tours from Marceline to magic kingdom and keys to the kingdom. Both were fantastic! Marceline was shorter, 3 hrs, but we went under the haunted mansion which was my favorite part! Keys is 5 hrs and much more detailed.

Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon is a blast. Behind the Seeds is also fun, but quick. Wild Africa Trek is great for all ages, especially if you love animals. I cannot speak to the other Animal Kingdom tours as I have a peanut allergy (they advise against people with peanut allergies going on these tours), but I hear excellent reviews of them: Caring for Giants and Up Close with Hippos. Fort Wilderness has archery and horse rides. Spa day at the Grand Floridian or Beach Club. The night safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge... too many teen-friendly activities to list!

Sometimes I just call into the activities line and ask what they can recommend for various interests.

The new Disney Cirque du Soleil show should be open by then. Also some new restaurants are opening this year, including Space 220 at Epcot.

I'd plan on going something at The Void at Disney Springs. While we were there they had a VR experience that had a story line around Star Wars.

I second the minature golf...we had the place to ourselves!!! Very low key and more challenging than it appears at first glance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter