Other Options...

Love the review and thanks for posting. I've always wondered about Collette. The only reason I've heard of them is that I watch Wheel of Fortune and Collette sponsors a lot of the trips on there. What were the accommodations like?
Accommodations were:
Anchorage: Hilton - typical Hilton. Good location with easy walks to restaurants and shops.
Talkeetna: Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge - epitome of a mountain lodge. Very comfortable, fantastic mountain views, great staff.
Fairbanks: Pike’s Waterfront Lodge - funky old-time lodge on the Chena River. Accommodations a bit dated but comfortable, lots of fun amenities included such as sledding, a sauna, a movie theater, and more. Plus $1 ice cream every evening! And an incredible collection of art pieces and assorted tchotchkes throughout the lodge.

Accommodations were:
Anchorage: Hilton - typical Hilton. Good location with easy walks to restaurants and shops.
Talkeetna: Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge - epitome of a mountain lodge. Very comfortable, fantastic mountain views, great staff.
Fairbanks: Pike’s Waterfront Lodge - funky old-time lodge on the Chena River. Accommodations a bit dated but comfortable, lots of fun amenities included such as sledding, a sauna, a movie theater, and more. Plus $1 ice cream every evening! And an incredible collection of art pieces and assorted tchotchkes throughout the lodge.
Thanks. This is all good to know. Collette has been around for a long time, and I always had a picture of them as a bus tour kind of company (they do a lot of Student tours, too). Good to know they are more diverse than that now!

Sayhello

Thanks. This is all good to know. Collette has been around for a long time, and I always had a picture of them as a bus tour kind of company (they do a lot of Student tours, too). Good to know they are more diverse than that now!

Sayhello
To be fair, there was a good amount of bus time to get to the various places we visited. But with 23 guests on a full-sized bus, there was plenty of room to spread out. Plus the views were amazing, and our guide shared lots of interesting information along the way.

To be fair, there was a good amount of bus time to get to the various places we visited. But with 23 guests on a full-sized bus, there was plenty of room to spread out. Plus the views were amazing, and our guide shared lots of interesting information along the way.
Yes, but it sounds like you did a lot *off* the bus, too!

Sayhello

Let me endorse Collette too. About 8 years ago we were booked on one of their tours with a group from our church. The day before we were due to fly out, the Athens air traffic controllers announced a 24 hour strike that would end at midnight on our arrival day.

DH and I were the only members of the group who had booked airfare independently, and the airline was able to rebook us to arrive in Athens after the strike was over. They couldn’t rebook the remainder of the group, though, to arrive in time to embark on the cruise that started the tour, so DH and I thought it would be canceled. Nope! Collette told us that if we could get there, they’d take us on the tour. So we ended up with a private tour, which was fabulous.

IOW, I believe you can count on Collette to provide great tour services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts