OT - Time to protect our kids

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Pete and John - I hope it is okay to post this here... If it's not please feel free to remove. I know you don't like "politics on the board" but this is to protect kids and since we share so much more than just Disney on this board I thought I would post for everyone to see...

From the Oprah show and Oprah.com this week...

"The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law, but recent news reports reveal most states will not be in compliance with the law by the upcoming July 2009 deadline."

If states are not in compliance Federal monies will not be given to continue to fund the work of the Adam Walsh Protection and Safety Act.... This is ridiculous.. Congress can give billions to the auto industry but may take away money to protect kids in July of this year... I am not usually an "activist" but come on this just blows me away... The Oprah site has a email that you can copy and paste and then email to your state senator and congressman.. Please take a few minutes away from the Dis and do this for the kids.....

Here is the web address to find the draft email, etc...

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090220-tows-adam-walsh-act

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter