OT (sort of)- Golf Cart Insurance??

I own an agency in Florida but I have found that the Northern States seem to have broader policies so yours probably does provide coverage but I would get it in writing anyway just to be safe.:thumbsup2

I will definetly get it in writing. I want something to take with us just in case a campground asks. Thanks for your help.

He's not a doctor, but he plays one one TV.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: You crack me up! I just love this forum. You can get great info and great laughs in one spot. ::yes::

The campground we frequent most often requires a minimum of $50,000 coverage on a golf cart. We have ours covered under our auto policy.

If you're going to insure yours, make sure you know what the campgrounds you will be visiting require.

Well, I just got off the phone with our insurance company for our homeowner's policy. I was told that the policy would cover our golf cart. No matter where we took it. I will give them the info on the cart just so they have it on file but they don't even need that.
That is better then having to fork out more money. :thumbsup2 Doesn't make sense to get a seperate policy if this will cover it.

Our homeowners policy also covers my scooter which I already knew. Checked that out when I got my scooter a few years back.

Ours covers the golf cart also. I went through this last year, and again for this season, as the campground we are seasonal in requires a copy of the policy or an insurance card indicating coverage. The agent sent me a copy of policy with highlighted area. It's covered even though it's not being used on a golf course.

Interesting developement for our golf cart insurance.....

Got a call from our insurance agent, who dug deeper when someone else asked about golf cart insurance, and she said that the golf cart would only be covered at home or at a golf course under our home owner's ins.

Looks like I will have to get a separate policy. :mad:

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Nationwide = $ 170.00 per year---for liability on both carts(89 & 2008) with full coverage on the 2008.
$30.00 per year on the trailer Full coverage

I really think many folks are looking at this from the wrong angle. Thinking that you will get insurance if a campground requires it is very short sighted in my opinion. If you own a golf cart and take it off your property without insurance you may as well take a trip to Vegas, because your gambling just the same.

Take your cart to FW (or any campground) and have an accident (strike a child) and you are going to be sued. After an incident is not the time to wonder what your coverage is.

If you have called your insurance company and they have said that you are covered, great. Just ask them to put it in writing. After the accident most insurance companies are going to try to figure a way that you are NOT covered, and they sure won't remember a phone call two years ago.

We are all big boys and girls, and we make our own decisions about the chances we take. I for one consider the insurance one of the prices I pay for my toys. YMMV

At least you found out before something happened.:thumbsup2
I was told we still would have been covered since that is what they had told me and given it to me in writing. I just want to make sure things are done right.

Nationwide = $ 170.00 per year---for liability on both carts(89 & 2008) with full coverage on the 2008.
$30.00 per year on the trailer Full coverage

I can get it with Progressive for $148. It was $168 with Nationwide. For our cart and the trailer. We have our RV insurance with Progressive.

I really think many folks are looking at this from the wrong angle. Thinking that you will get insurance if a campground requires it is very short sighted in my opinion. If you own a golf cart and take it off your property without insurance you may as well take a trip to Vegas, because your gambling just the same.

Take your cart to FW (or any campground) and have an accident (strike a child) and you are going to be sued. After an incident is not the time to wonder what your coverage is.

If you have called your insurance company and they have said that you are covered, great. Just ask them to put it in writing. After the accident most insurance companies are going to try to figure a way that you are NOT covered, and they sure won't remember a phone call two years ago.

We are all big boys and girls, and we make our own decisions about the chances we take. I for one consider the insurance one of the prices I pay for my toys. YMMV

I was originally told it was covered under our homeowners (and have it in writing) and have just found out that it will need a separate policy. I didn't see any sense in getting a separate policy if it was already covered under the homeowners. Since it is not we will.
I am not thinking of just an accident or just because a campground requires proof in order to bring our cart there. We are also wanting to protect our investment. We have a bit of $$ invested in our cart.

I was told we still would have been covered since that is what they had told me and given it to me in writing. I just want to make sure things are done right.

Their insurance agents E & O insurance would have covered it but not the insurance company itself.

That' why I stated get it in writing before as I honestly do not know any company that provides coverage for owned carts off premises unless specifically endorsed or for golfing purposes only. You are always better off with a seperate policy specifically designed for such purpose.

Their insurance agents E & O insurance would have covered it but not the insurance company itself.

That' why I stated get it in writing before as I honestly do not know any company that provides coverage for owned carts off premises unless specifically endorsed or for golfing purposes only. You are always better off with a seperate policy specifically designed for such purpose.

That is what she told me. That they, not Nationwide, would have covered it.

I am working on picking which policy now. Should have it straight in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter