• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Scooter/wheelchair rental on Oahu

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
Asked on the CB since it wasn't Disney related and referred to come and ask her.

My mother requires mobility assistance for anything that involves lots of walking. She rents scooters at Disney. We are going to Hawaii next fall, so I was wondering if anybody knows of a service that rents scooters/wheelchairs on Oahu.

Does anybody know of any companies?

TIA

sorry i don't have a direct answer, but a thought did cross my mind. if you think she might get use out of it over the years, you could consider checking your local classifieds for a used scooter to purchase and take it with you on the plane. it might pay for itself after a few trips. plus she'd have use of it in the airports, which can be very long walks....

-dj

Good suggestion to see if buying a used one makes sense.
The airlines are required to transport mobility equipment at no extra cost to the user. It also does not count as part of your baggage allowance.

I don't have a direct answer either, but I went to the Oahu Visitors Bureau website and found a link to this site when I did a search for scooters.
Hawaii's official tourism website listed the same company when I searched for scooters.
You should usually be safe renting from a place listed on official tourism or chamber of commerce sites. They are putting money into promoting the area and usually won't recommend any company that puts their community in a bad light.

Thanks---

She is looking into purchasing a small collapsible scooter in the future. For now--Disney is the only place she uses one. We know that we'll be wanting to do a lot of walking of Waikiki Beach--and like Disney...no way that she can do that and not feel like dying within a few hours.

Thanks for the links!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter