OT PC Optimum

Seem there isn't a week goes by without a number of Shoppers redeem or earn points events

Wish there was some obvious direct Disney related saving to be made with point (im thinking buying gift card with PC Points but thats now a no no)
My current plan is to buy our groceries with points from Atl Superstore (unfortunately just at $1 for 1,000pts rate) and buy a gift card with the same amount every week
Unfortunately no Disney gift cards to had instore at Superstore or Shoppers

Seem there isn't a week goes by without a number of Shoppers redeem or earn points events

Wish there was some obvious direct Disney related saving to be made with point (im thinking buying gift card with PC Points but thats now a no no)
My current plan is to buy our groceries with points from Atl Superstore (unfortunately just at $1 for 1,000pts rate) and buy a gift card with the same amount every week

Hopefully we’ll figure something out!

What I do is this if there are no gift cards available.
I will buy my groceries, and then use my points to purchase my groceries. Now...here is where more work may come into play.

I will either make sure that i'm buying at least 2x's as $$$ worth than I plan on using in points...so that I can do the cash back option and take the amount that i had just saved on my groceries and put that in a secret place then I will go to a store that has the gift cards I want to purchase. Or I will head to the bank...take that amount out of the account that I had just saved...and then go to a store that has the GC. I don't want the free groceries. We will always NEED groceries / household supplies/ makeup/ toiletries...I would rather use that money I saved on the groceries, and take it and use it towards a bonus for our family. It's just moving the money around from your accounts to reap the savings.

What I do is this if there are no gift cards available.
I will buy my groceries, and then use my points to purchase my groceries. Now...here is where more work may come into play.

I will either make sure that i'm buying at least 2x's as $$$ worth than I plan on using in points...so that I can do the cash back option and take the amount that i had just saved on my groceries and put that in a secret place then I will go to a store that has the gift cards I want to purchase. Or I will head to the bank...take that amount out of the account that I had just saved...and then go to a store that has the GC. I don't want the free groceries. We will always NEED groceries / household supplies/ makeup/ toiletries...I would rather use that money I saved on the groceries, and take it and use it towards a bonus for our family. It's just moving the money around from your accounts to reap the savings.
Thank you! I like this idea. PC points for me are the easiest to save, & it seems like the bonus options/flash sales/points back are popping up more, too.

It's just moving the money around. If you want the free groceries...great...use it for that!!!! And sometimes, we may NEED those free groceries, as the bank account is very low. But if you don't need to use the points for that reason...I like to take that " money " and use if for bonus things for the family. I work the program as best as I can, when I can. Some weeks are better than others, but we get some points every week. The bulk of mine come from Shopper's - buying makeup and skin care products and a few other things they have on sale at the time when I'm not quite at the threshold for the bonus points. So will I spend the extra 2.00 on a tube of toothpaste or advil or some dry shampoo for my hair to get 15,000+ points ( which = 15.00 ) Heck YES!!!!!! It all adds up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!