OT: Legoland, Windsor

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi,

Realise that this is off-topic, but can anyone tell me about Legoland, Windsor?.

Thinking of paying a visit with the kids in the next couple of weeks, wondering what people thing of the place?.

Also - anyone aware of a similar discussion board for Legoland?.

Thanks

Iain

Sorry, Iain, although its only "up the road" for us, we've never been there!

I suggest posting this question on the UK Community Board, I think more people will read it there.:goodvibes

hi Iain,
We've been to legoland loads of times-its a great day out.
My advice would be to check out websites such as lastminute.com who do cheap tickets.You should never pay full gate price as there are lots of offers about.
If you are going during the Easter holidays get there as early as possible-check the legoland website for opening hours and aim to get to the park at least 20 minutes beforehand.By the time you park and walk to the entrance it will be close to opening time.
This was our strategy when we went in the summer holidays and we got on every ride.
Busiest rides are the driving school and boating school so try to do those first.I think there are a couple of new rides opening so you might want to do these as early as possible too.Save Miniland for later in the day when you have conquered the main rides.
The offical website is really helpful so check it out if you haven't already.
If I can help any more let me know.
Regards
Tina

Hi Iain
My kids are 8 and 9 and love Legoland. Older kids aren't so interested as there are only five or six rides which are vaguely fast/scary. The park is beautifully landscaped and very clean and tidy. Staff are helpful and friendly and there is more than a days worth of attractions. Food is pretty dire and expensive so we usually pack a large picnic. Miniland (lots of famous places built from Lego) sounds a bit boring but is fascinating! We always spend almost two hours wandering around it even though we have seen it many times. The water park area is great on hot days so take towels and spare clothes in summer. Getting away from Windsor can be a nightmare, you may want to book an overnight stay close by or go into the town, eat dinner and leave once the roads are less busy.
Hope this is helpful! :sunny:
Rosie

We have been going for about 4 years now and DS11 really likes it there. I like it because it is beautifully landscaped and clean. It serves as our theme park fix in between Florida!

Jackie

I have to say we really enjoyed Legoland. Lots to see there but I would tend to agree it's probably not for "older" kids so much.

You can also exchange Tesco Clubcard vouchers for Lego entrance tickets which can work out very cheap!

I am afraid my DD found she was too "old" for Legoland by the time she was 5. I guess if you have never been you should go as you never know til you go and the other posters seem to like it.

Have you tried Chessington? We go on Monday for our usual Easter fix.

Susan

We went 8th/9th march for the first time - got a really good deal on the net with Eurodrive

2 days family tickets and B&B at the Marriotts Courtyard for £142.00

I've 2 boys 5 and 10 - they both enjoyed it. I felt there weren't enough rides for the amount of visitors I imagine they get in the Summer, but apparently there are 3 new ones opening this season.
Take a flask @ £2.50 for a cup of hot chocolate which we needed to warm us up it proved quite an expensive weekend, although the meal prices aren't too bad, kids meals start at £ 3.99 and include a free lego toy. :)

They are hosting the release of a mini movie that is lego star wars on April 8. My nephew worked on that project (on the animation) so I'm curiious to hear any reports about it. I don't believe the one being released at Legoland is the actual finished copy. That's scheduled for release here in the states in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter