• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Grrr...RV servicing place

Gillian

DIS Veteran
A word of advice -- double check any work done by others before you go out camping.

We don't get to camp much and have had 2 disappointing trips this year due to the same "repair" person. We needed some coleman/fleetwood parts so we took our Santa Fe popup to a fleetwood dealer. We got the new guy. :(

We asked for some basic things - check the water system for leaks because we had a rough winter, check hot water heater, fix the table leg, replace a door/cover that had blown away and secure the awning because it seemed to be coming loose. Pretty simple, right?

1st trip out (May) - no hookups and all meals provided. I attempt to set up the awning to find that it's attached upside down! :sad2: We are very happy we didn't drag the add a room with us, as it would have been useless.

2nd trip out (last week) - hook up everything and within seconds there is water everywhere!! :scared1: Did they not notice this when "testing the water system"? :confused3 We suffered through no water for 4 days because I wasn't going to spend money fixing something we already paid to have fixed!

The other bad thing that happened was kind of my fault. About a month ago I finally figured out how to use the porta potti! :banana: So DD4 really has to go and I say, "use this!" She does, but I can't remember how to flush it. We're really tired, and I think it's one switch but I can't make it work so DH pulls something really hard and the top comes loose and there's pee everywhere! We quickly snap it back together, grab a towel and then I see the other handle you pull to flush. oops. I do that, but somehow TP got stuck between the top & bottom and we can't get it out. And now we can't get the two halves apart again. :laughing: So the whole thing goes in a big black garbage bag and we are glad to be very close to the bathhouse.

I also forgot to put back the cooking stuff I removed for the 1st trip. :rolleyes1 Lucky we had a toasting fork and lots of inexpensive PA dutch food nearby. We didn't get to try the hot water heater, it sure would have been nice.

The good news? The AC worked (too well), the refrigerator worked, no water got in during the summer storm, everything was dry by the time we packed up. We left before it rained again.

We love our popup, but sometimes it's just more trouble than it's worth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter