Oswald meet n greet removed

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Apparently a week ago they discontinued the Oswald meet n greet. Super bummed as this was my favorite character to see.
Six days ago he stopped appearing on the Disneyland app.

Still mad about this. He's one character I go out of my way to see every visit.

Definitely going to be writing Disney about my disappointment.

...Definitely going to be writing Disney about my disappointment.

I was just going to say something about this! We all need to write in about our disapointment here and about how important the Oswald M&G is to us! Maybe Oswald just wasn't drawing the same kind of crowds that he used to? Disney needs to hear that Oswald still matters a great deal to a lot of visitors. The comments really can make a difference!

He's my DD10's favorite character. They had an awesome interaction when we were there in June - he spent 5-10 minutes with her, and it was terrific. If he's gone for good I am sad.

:( Dang this was my son (11) favorite character. Thank goodness we waited last time and saw him. He at least has one photo with him. Thanks for the info, we wont keep looking next time we are there.

Can you post the link as to where to send an email? I'm really upset about this and I know my 12 year old will be too - I/m honestly not sure I'm going to tell her, she will be that upset.

This is what I put in my comment.

Very disappointed you removed Oswald from the character meet and greet. He is a classic and important in Disney history. It's close to removing Mickey Mouse from character meet and greet. Without Oswald, there would be no Mickey.

Also make sure to include in your comment how the removal of the Oswald M&G affects your visit. Disney is interested in your guest experience -- how meeting Oswald improved or added to your experience in DCA, how not having this M&G matters to you and detracts from your experience, etc.

I ended up also including references to Wasteland and how it feels like they've stripped his heart from him.

I laid it on hella thick :yay:

Seems that all the little things that make Disney parks stand out from the rest are being removed. Streetsmophere is also getting lots of cutbacks

Response I received:

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Oswald Meet and Greet availability.

We appreciate your valuable feedback for our operation. I would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

Walt Disney once stated, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world." In that spirit, we will continue to delight our Guests with both new and nostalgic experiences and offerings. I hope you will continue to visit the Resort and that we exceed your expectations through our many offerings.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write, your feedback is very important to us. Please be assured that I will share this with the appropriate individuals.

It's very form feeling (more than I'm used to; I've gotten used to more personal feeling messages). It's something at least I guess. People definitely should be writing if they're upset, though.

Thanks for posting the letter @Kender. It might depend on what you write about as far as your answer goes. I write after our trip last time and got a call back asking me questions about what I write and how it would be forwarded on. I wrote about a few things, like issues with mobile ordering, the lack of PP Photographers and how dark it is in the Royal Hall. I think they do take notice of what is said so for anyone wondering I think it’s worth writing to let them know how you feel.

Poor Oswald! he is my favorite M&G (always so fun and enthusiastic) but I could see people not stopping for him. He is right by the entrance and I am sure everyone is in a rush to get in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!