Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

hey Ponzi where is the first chapter, we missed you around here. Besides maybe if Nebo has something to break apart er uh break down it might take his mind off of his wrist. right?

hey Ponzi where is the first chapter, we missed you around here. Besides maybe if Nebo has something to break apart er uh break down it might take his mind off of his wrist. right?

Soon, Betsey. Soon.

First I'd like to finish up the Thumpy's TR. They were here first. Plus I don't expect Neebs will be commenting much (if at all) on my TR with his sore wrist, but hopefully he'll be able to follow along.

Oh, how I wish it had been.

Uh-oh, cue either the hijinks music or the foreboding music. Hard to say at this point, Clark Kondz. ;)

I don't know whether to blush... or be secretly pleased that you've just made Nebo throw up in his mouth a little.

Well yeah, Nebo doesn't like the mushy stuff. Making him want to gag is one of the many ways we demonstrate affection in this TR.

That's odd. China is usually listed as 4th largest. Behind the States, actually. So I Googled it... Depending on the site, the top 4 (not including Antartica) are either
1. Russia 2. Canada 3. China 4. USA
or
1. Russia 2. Canada 3. USA 4. China

Don't ask me which is right.

Some country, cough, cough, may still be in colonizing mode. ;) I'm kidding! Seriously DS's book was written in the 1970s, his school is using a classical education model and he reads a good bit of older, but still good books. I googled the stats too....but color me confused because shouldn't land measurements be the same regardless of the source of the information? WEIRD!!

Oh yeah, one of the other interesting parts from the book.....DS asked me what a smoking jacket was. Yep, now I know what you do during the winters that never end. ;)

Uh-oh, cue either the hijinks music or the foreboding music. Hard to say at this point, Clark Kondz. ;)

Guess you'll just have to read the TR to find out, right?

Well yeah, Nebo doesn't like the mushy stuff. Making him want to gag is one of the many ways we demonstrate affection in this TR.

::yes::

I googled the stats too....but color me confused because shouldn't land measurements be the same regardless of the source of the information? WEIRD!!

Metric vs Standard....
jk

What is with that?

Oh yeah, one of the other interesting parts from the book.....DS asked me what a smoking jacket was. Yep, now I know what you do during the winters that never end. ;)

Nope. I never wear my smoking jacket during the long winters. Too busy hunting walrus... walruses... walrusi... big blubber filled animals.

Oh, and if anyone cares... you might want to check my siggie for a new link. :rolleyes1:

Speaking of Canada (and since Nebo's in purgatory right now anyway), I am heading to Montreal with a friend this Friday. She is unsure of whether we should try poutine. I am all for it but I have a few questions for you north-of-the-borderers:

1. How do you eat it? If you pick up the fries with your fingers don't the curds fall off? (No, Nebo, my fingers do not have curds....) Am guessing you stick what you can on a fork and stuff it into your mouth but I don't want to look like a tourist.

2. My friend is a vegetarian (not vegan). Do they offer a vegetarian version (the classic gravy is meat-based, right?) of poutine or is she out of luck? Is it worth it to get it without gravy or is the gravy the whole point?

3. Where's the best place to get this stuff?

Sorry to ask stupid questions but like a Disney trip, I like to be as ridiculously prepared as I can.

Speaking of Canada (and since Nebo's in purgatory right now anyway), I am heading to Montreal with a friend this Friday. She is unsure of whether we should try poutine. I am all for it but I have a few questions for you north-of-the-borderers:

1. How do you eat it? If you pick up the fries with your fingers don't the curds fall off? (No, Nebo, my fingers do not have curds....) Am guessing you stick what you can on a fork and stuff it into your mouth but I don't want to look like a tourist.

2. My friend is a vegetarian (not vegan). Do they offer a vegetarian version (the classic gravy is meat-based, right?) of poutine or is she out of luck? Is it worth it to get it without gravy or is the gravy the whole point?

3. Where's the best place to get this stuff?

Sorry to ask stupid questions but like a Disney trip, I like to be as ridiculously prepared as I can.

Can't tell you where's the best... Unless you're coming to Winnipeg... But check tripadvisor for reviews.

Local mom 'n pop places will only have one type of gravy, but places that specialize in poutine (yes Virginia, such places do exist) will likely have vegetarian poutines.

Do NOT get it without gravy!! It's not poutine then. Just fries with boring cheese.

You must eat it with a fork. You can't eat it with fingers, cause you'll burn 'em.

Hope that helped! :)

What the heck is poutine???

I came over here to tell Nebo that Ponzi is trying to steal his fans - but don't worry Nebo, I only subscribed to his trip report so I could spy on him ;) I'll report back....

What the heck is poutine???

Fries... covered in gravy and cheese curds.

Tastes like heaven... only better.

I came over here to tell Nebo that Ponzi is trying to steal his fans - but don't worry Nebo, I only subscribed to his trip report so I could spy on him ;) I'll report back....

And he's doing a bang up job. I don't suspect a thing!

Good news everybody! I just talked to Nebo and to help him type, I told him to get one of these to peck out another chapter.

Drinking-bird-Perpetual-bird.jpg

Expect to hear from him soon!

Good news everybody! I just talked to Nebo and to help him type, I told him to get one of these to peck out another chapter.

Drinking-bird-Perpetual-bird.jpg

Expect to hear from him soon!

:lmao:

I love it! Now the only problem I see with this, is his use of commas. I'm afraid when poor smidgy goes to use the 'puter, there will be a hole where the comma key used to be.

Pkondz, that bird is missing one important Nebo accessory.....CLIP CLOPS!!!

I know what I am getting Nebo for Christmas, though I know he won't use them, because the sandals that even Jesus would throw away still have a good ten years of wear left in them to our Nebo. :sad2:

I miss Nebo. :sad:

I need to call him asap, maybe tomorrow evening after our family Lego building night. We are working on a cool Lego Haunted House. The evening is rounded out by pizza and Duplos for the baby to play with.

Pkondz, that bird is missing one important Nebo accessory.....CLIP CLOPS!!!

I know... but I couldn't find any the right size.

Always too small.

I know what I am getting Nebo for Christmas, though I know he won't use them, because the sandals that even Jesus would throw away still have a good ten years of wear left in them to our Nebo. :sad2:

Get him the special "guaranteed to never trip" ones.

I miss Nebo. :sad:

Yeah... We all do.

Get better soon, buddy!

I need to call him asap, maybe tomorrow evening after our family Lego building night. We are working on a cool Lego Haunted House. The evening is rounded out by pizza and Duplos for the baby to play with.

That sounds like fun! :)

Ach, so far behind,,, but I'm tryking to catch up. I just keep getting sidetracked withy the current headlines that sho up on my screen,,,,,,,,,, and WOW.
Did you know that we have a black president now? And taht America was invading Canada in a movie? Heh, it'll never work, all they have ot do is bring out M. J. Fox to speak for a few minutes,,,, and everybody will start crying. ]
But ,,, I am taking baby steps here,,,, and Ponzi? you a gonna have to work for your livin here, boy. But I know yuou, and you are good as gold when it comes to written and a writen stuff. By the way,, anybody know where I can go to make a Super Bowl winner bet for my beloved Bears??:??:

I just want to make sure that wherever that is,,,, I don'[t come anywhere near that in the next few months!

Okey dokey,,, this was step two in the way back to the world of typin,,,,,I think I'm makin progress. Ponz,,, if you have sumpin to add,,, be glad to read it tomorrow,,,,,,, funny ,,,,, how I can feel like you are busintin at the seems to say something here.
\
Bye for now,,,,,,,

Oh,,, by the way,,, I never did post the pics of myself the moron from the very last trip, did I?

the one,,, in Friends lingo that said something liuke,,,,,,

" The one where Nebo has a beard"

and yes,,, I was funny looking,,, except to Buzz,,, she acted like she never noticed it when we met,,,,, and yes,,, she is far stranger than I am!

gotta go,,, adidas

NEBO I couldn't believe it when I saw that you had posted!! Great to see you this morning, you have been missed!

Ach, so far behind,,, but I'm tryking to catch up.

You're tryking to catch up because they won't let you use the big kid bicycles, right?

right.

Did you know that we have a black president now?

We have a president?!?!? When did that happen?

Last I looked we had a Queen as head of state and a Prime Minister as head of government.

(and you thought you're system was bizarre, huh?)

And taht America was invading Canada in a movie?

? Are you talking about "Canadian Bacon" ?

Casting John Candy as the american sherrif and Steven Wright as a Mountie is sheer genius.

Heh, it'll never work, all they have ot do is bring out M. J. Fox to speak for a few minutes,,,, and everybody will start crying. ]

Nah.... we'll just get Celine Dion to caterwaul until everyone runs away in horror.

I'm so pleased she's performing in Vegas. Thank you so much, and feel free to keep her as long as possible.

But ,,, I am taking baby steps here,,,,

baby steps? what happened to your tryke???

A 2 year old bullied you and took it, right?

right.

and Ponzi?

yes?

you a gonna have to work for your livin here, boy. But I know yuou, and you are good as gold when it comes to written and a writen stuff.

I have no idea what you mean.
I am always quiet and reserved.

Ask anyone (if you can get a word in edgewise).

By the way,, anybody know where I can go to make a Super Bowl winner bet for my beloved Bears??:??:

I believe you have my address. Just send your cash there.

I just want to make sure that wherever that is,,,, I don'[t come anywhere near that in the next few months!

Fringe benefit!

Ponz,,, if you have sumpin to add,,, be glad to read it tomorrow,,,,,,,

Oh

My

GAWD!

He actually wants, that's WANTS me to do this!!!
Can you believe that???? :faint:

funny ,,,,, how I can feel like you are busintin at the seems to say something here.

Nope. I got nuttin' to say.
I very seldom type anythng... as you know.

Oh,,, by the way,,, I never did post the pics of myself the moron from the very last trip, did I?

hmmmmm..... don't think so.

and yes,,, I was funny looking,,,

Of that, I have no doubt!

except to Buzz,,, she acted like she never noticed it when we met,,,,, and yes,,, she is far stranger than I am!

:lmao:

DeeDee, are you gonna sit there and take that???

gotta go,,, adidas

Nice to see you back at the keyboard, my friend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter