Orlando Premium Outlets Vineland parking charges...

Iestyn5150

Endlessly chasing dots!
I’ve heard that the Outlets on Vineland are now charging to garage park. We always park there as it’s far more convenient with the wheelchair. Do handicap placard holders need to pay to park there too?

As of last week, there was paid surface parking and free parking. I would assume that there are handicapped spaces in both. However, when we were there all the free parking was full, and most of the paid parking. After driving around a while, we ended up paying for valet parking.

Well I sincerely hope there is free handicapped parking, it seems ridiculous that you have to pay for the luxury of getting a space that will allow a wheelchair user easy access!

Well I sincerely hope there is free handicapped parking, it seems ridiculous that you have to pay for the luxury of getting a space that will allow a wheelchair user easy access!

If all of the free spaces are full, then you should expect to pay to use the garage. Being handicapped has nothing to do with it - if you're in a free area, you park for free, handicapped or not. If you're in a pay area, you pay, handicapped or not.

Businesses are required to provide handicapped spaces that meet ADA requirements, but they are not required to provide them for free.

Well that’s me put in my place, thank you.

Not trying to put anyone in their place, just stating facts. Handicapped spots are for accessibility, not convenience. When people want convenience, they normally expect to pay for it.

In some cities or states, HA tags or plates do allow for waiver of parking fees. However, that is not true in Florida or Orlando. HA should expect to pay for parking as anyone else would. Businesses may waive the fee but don’t expect it.

Enjoy your vacation!

Why should handicap parking be free? Existent, absolutely. Accessible, you bet. But what is there about handicap parking that should entitle these customers to a perk of level of service better than what's available to ambulatory drivers?

Why should handicap parking be free? Existent, absolutely. Accessible, you bet. But what is there about handicap parking that should entitle these customers to a perk of level of service better than what's available to ambulatory drivers?

I’m entitled to nothing more than anyone else, and never suggested I was! All I was trying to ask is will there still be sufficient free ADA parking away from the garage. There are around 30 ADA spaces in the garage, that’s a lot to lose when you take into consideration that usually less than 5% of a lots spaces are ADA.

I think your quote above is what confused people - made them think you expected free parking?
I’m entitled to nothing more than anyone else, and never suggested I was! All I was trying to ask is will there still be sufficient free ADA parking away from the garage. There are around 30 ADA spaces in the garage, that’s a lot to lose when you take into consideration that usually less than 5% of a lots spaces are ADA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter