Orlando Attractions Re-Opening

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Obviously Disney/Universal are the big ones waiting on, but I have been more interested in the smaller places like Fun Spot or ICON Park attractions and even Gatorland/Lego Land because I would think those would open first and would be our first indicator WDW could soon open. Have there been any rumors from any of those places? Anyone know employees called back?

Also is there a list anywhere of things that DO have a reopening date. I know City Walk today and Disney Springs the 20th followed by other locations on the 27thish.

I’m watching for Kennedy Space Center. We had a June cruise booked, got canceled so decided to do Disney instead. Well, now that’s not looking good either. We have flights from CLE June 10-16 that I plan on keeping. We are now looking at a rental in Windsor Hills and just doing pool & beach days with hopefully DS & Citywalk dinners. The little guys would love to go to KSC, but the soonest availability I’m seeing on their site is for August.

The Wheel and Swings or just retail? Also am I crazy or did it used to be called “The Orlando Eye”?

Yep it was the Orlando Eye until ownership changed. As far as I know some of the restaurants and shops will be open but not the wheel

Yep it was the Orlando Eye until ownership changed. As far as I know some of the restaurants and shops will be open but not the wheel

Gotcha. For some reason I thought some restaurants and shops there already opened earlier this week, so when you said that I got excited it might be the wheel. Never done either of those but I have been planning to do the swings for so long. It’s just hard to justify when we have APs to Disney/US/Sea World/BG and those are “free” and a single ride on the swings is like $30. But now would be the perfect time.

I’m watching for Kennedy Space Center. We had a June cruise booked, got canceled so decided to do Disney instead. Well, now that’s not looking good either. We have flights from CLE June 10-16 that I plan on keeping. We are now looking at a rental in Windsor Hills and just doing pool & beach days with hopefully DS & Citywalk dinners. The little guys would love to go to KSC, but the soonest availability I’m seeing on their site is for August.

KSC visitor center is going to be open the day after the manned launch. https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/info/coronavirus

Gatorland is open. Fun Spot is open. Legoland [should] open June 1; still need state approval (they have local approval).

Last edited:
I know it's not Orlando but it's not that far from there. Busch Gardens is opening June 11. Iron Gwazi hopefully will be opening with the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!