Orders

amysimmo

Earning My Ears
We are looking at ordering some snacks and maybe beverages for our room? Maybe bottled water for the parks? What are your thoughts? I am leaning toward no but want to know what aworked for you?

We always get a grocery delivery! I can buy a case of bottled water for the cost of ONE bottle in the parks. We also order cold breakfast items, some grab-and-go snacks, and portable fruits (apples, pears, etc). I am also a little particular about which creamer goes in my coffee, so we get a container of my favorite for the room too.

Absolutely do it. I purchase items from Target website and have them shipped to the resort. You can save so much money by ordering 2 cases of water.

We always do, especially since we usually stay in a DVC villa with a kitchen. We don't cook, but we get snacks, water bottles, drinks and some breakfast items so we can can grab a quick bite and head straight to the parks. There are all kinds of options now Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc. For a full grocery order we use Garden Grocer or Dizzy Dolphin.

We use Amazon Prime Now. Used to use Garden Grocer but their prices got out of hand. We order a couple cases of water and Gatorade from Amazon, and a bunch of snacks and stuff. Works great. They have a lot of grocery items as well.

We always bring it from home.
We bring a few bottles of water each, a few bottles of chocolate milk/juice each, and some snacks like granola bars.
We just put them in our checked luggage packed in heavy duty zip loc bags in case of leaks although it has yet to happen.
Some people do grocery deliveries. We just don't feel the need.

We order from Amazon Prime Now and love it. Prices are not much more than we’d pay in store and there’s no delivery fee because we’re Prime members. It’s cheaper (and for us, easier than dealing with) than another checked bag.

I place an order for snacks and breakfast items (fruit/ granola bars/ yogurt/ coffee/ creamer/ milk/ peanut butter/ bread/ butter/ jelly are my staple items and then I work from there). Making a PBJ for my toddler (that he may end up not eating) using groceries is a fraction of the price of ordering him an uncrustables at the park for $6. I won’t cook full meals on vacation but I was glad to have some bagels and cream cheese on hand when my kiddos paraded around telling me how hungry they were at 7 AM, well before we’d be at a park.

It’s cheaper (and for us, easier than dealing with) than another checked bag.

However others want to do it is fine by me but I just wanted to specify that for us it is no more hassle and no more expensive to pack our drinks/snacks.
We add it to the luggage we are already taking. We do not pack an extra luggage for those items so no hassle with another bag.
We also fly SW so its not an extra cost.
Just wanted to put that out there.

However others want to do it is fine by me but I just wanted to specify that for us it is no more hassle and no more expensive to pack our drinks/snacks.
We add it to the luggage we are already taking. We do not pack an extra luggage for those items so no hassle with another bag.
We also fly SW so its not an extra cost.
Just wanted to put that out there.

I have zero issue with that. For a long time we stuffed plenty into our checked baggage because we had room (and as an added bonus, consuming those items on vacation meant room to then put in souveniers for the flight home so I definitely don't at all discourage what you're doing) and went on our way. Nothing wrong with it if it's working out.

We don't fly Southwest (love Southwest, they just don't have convenient flights for us anymore) so we do pay extra for checked bags. I'm usually traveling with a toddler (so already juggling a stroller/ car seat/ diaper bag/ carry-on item) and my camera bag (I'm a photographer) so it's worth it to me to place an order when we arrive and not have to deal with one more thing. It's convenient and no added expense. There's no wrong way to do this.

I found that having snacks delivered is a waste of money. They never get eaten. Too many good things to have there and I am simply not hungry.

I take a filtered refillable water bottle so I don't need water.

So I wouldn't do it.

Yes, if we are staying for a week and the whole family is going, I've ordered bottled water (we take refillable bottles for when we are out, but we get thirsty in the room at night), cereal bars, crackers, fruit, shampoo, soap and sunscreen. I'd rather order or purchase at nearby grocery store rather than struggle with heavy luggage. If you are weighing the costs, don't forget Disney's $5 package fee.

We’ve done Garden Grocer in the past, but used Amazon Prime Now last year. We will go with Amazon again in June.

We order bottled water, cereal, milk, muffins, bagels and easy to carry snacks.

We used walmart pickup, they have delivery as well. (Doordash)
Walmart had better prices and more to choose from than amazon prime now.
The first time we used britta waterbottles... but now I just use storebrand regular waterbottles

We’ve done Garden Grocer in the past, but used Amazon Prime Now last year. We will go with Amazon again in June.

We order bottled water, cereal, milk, muffins, bagels and easy to carry snacks.

Will Amazon Prime leave your order with bell services if your're not there? We wouldn't have any alcohol in the order if that helps to clarify.

Will Amazon Prime leave your order with bell services if your're not there? We wouldn't have any alcohol in the order if that helps to clarify.

If there is no alcohol* they will definitely leave the order with Bell Services. In the delivery notes when you check out, indicate that you are a guest, your reservation number, to leave the order with Bell Services and to refrigerate any items that require it.

*For those playing along at home who have orders containing alcohol, it's a YMMV situation. Official policy is that they will not leave orders containing alcohol with Bell Services and that's what I would advise anyone to expect. Have they left orders containing alcohol? Yes. Have they not left orders containing alcohol? Also yes. Do you have any way to know ahead of time if your order will be one of the unicorns that gets left with Bell Services containing alcohol or turned away? Probably no. Plan on being present if your order contains alcohol.

We have done it in the past and it ended up being overkill, and we didn't eat the majority of the stuff we bought.

We now just bring a couple Kind bars, some Gogo Squeezs pouches (so our super picky son will eat SOME fruit during the trip) and that's it. We use refillable insulated water bottles and fill them up at the QS restaurants as we go.

It might save money to order stuff, but we are happier just rolling the cost of purchased drinks and snacks into our total trip budget and just buy what we feel like eating when we feel like eating it. At Disney, no one craves chips or crackers or granola bars anyway. We want Mickey pretzels, or ice cream, or a cupcake or whatever.

We usually stay club level as well, so no need to buy stuff like milk or juice or yogurts.

We've almost always gone out and shopped, but next trip I'm looking into delivery since we may not have a car. I don't think we've gone without some extra supplies since our 2nd trip, in 1989.

We get soda, since WDW doesn't carry our preferred brands. Basic breakfast items - pastries, cereal and milk, cream for my coffee. Snacks, some - more a little something for before bed, as that's how we eat at home. (Ice cream doesn't keep well in the mini-fridges, sadly ;)) But small things, easy to carry, probably won't go uneaten.
Water, for sure. as @siren0119 said - a case for the price of a bottle. Well worth it, unless that's all you get and have to pay for delivery. Just the 2 of us go through a case in a week, normally. If we don't we offer the extras to a neighbour on checkout day.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

We have always either ordered food or had a grocery stop on our way to the resort. We eat breakfast in the room before leaving and pack some water and snacks for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter