Ordering Magic bands

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
Right now Disney is not allowing picking your magic bands. We have time before our trip. Being not from the USA they will be a resort for pick up. When will they allow you pick your bands.

I was under the impression they were not taking any orders while they are closed, so hopefully once the resorts open they will start the orders again!

I went to place our magic band order tonight and I'm unable to do so. It's frustrating as our trip is just a few weeks away.

I just checked and it looks like I can order the MagicBands for our July 25 check-in. I have until July 19 for pick-up at the resort. No shipping option.

This is the message on My Disney Experience about Magic Bands...While the Walt Disney World theme parks and Resort hotels are temporarily closed, we are not currently accepting new MagicBand orders linked to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders or Disney Resort hotel reservations. Please continue to check this page for additional updates. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience during this time.

I was able to place my magic band order (no upgrades) for my July 27th trip two days ago and even got the confirmation email that it was processed. Maybe they are taking orders based on check in date?

I was able to order magic bands for my July 3-10 trip. I could only chose colors and no upgraded band. I also got the email confirmation.

I was able to order MagicBands for my 7/18 check-in after trying for months, but not for my 7/20 check-in. I called because I have never done a split stay and thought maybe I was missing it on the website. The CM said they stopped orders for a while and I was actually the first she had heard that people could not place orders again so they must be resuming (although there have been reports of others placing orders for several days now). But she told me to give it a little bit longer for the option to pop up on my second reservation.

She told me I can place the order after clicking on "MagicBands and Cards" on MDE but when I go to that screen it actually doesn't allow me to, even for my first reservation. I went to "My Plans" and there was a link there but that link wasn't there yesterday.

The website is still not allowing me to order MB for our upcoming trip. Has anyone else gotten to order over the phone?

If you go on the website, click under My Plans. You should be able to order that way; that’s how I ordered mine.

If you go on the website, click under My Plans. You should be able to order that way; that’s how I ordered mine.
As of today, ordering has been turned off. EDIT: never mind, I was able to access a select a band area like you said from going directly from "My Plans"

Attachments

• 1591635238304.png
    1591635238304.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 18
As of today, ordering has been turned off. EDIT: never mind, I was able to access a select a band area like you said from going directly from "My Plans"
Fantastic! I just modified my order today that way.

Same as it has been since the closing. The bands for my Aug and Oct trips have been ordered, but there is no Select button for the Nov. trip yet. We have enough that we can bring ones from last year, but this should be in operation soon. We hope.

My trip isn't for a while but I just wanted to look at the choice of bands. It won't let me even do that. Is there a thread or anywhere else that I can go to see them? I can only see the different colors. When I click on a theme it says no results.

My trip isn't for a while but I just wanted to look at the choice of bands. It won't let me even do that. Is there a thread or anywhere else that I can go to see them? I can only see the different colors. When I click on a theme it says no results.
Right now, only the plain bands are available. The themed ones that you pay for are not currently available.

I was able to place a MagicBand order last week (6/3) for my trip in mid-August. Who knows if I'll actually get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter