Ordering magic bands and FP if booking through travel agent

atisikitabasket

Mom Always Said I was a Little Off
I have booked all our trips directly thru Disney so I have no experience booking with a travel agent. If I book with one do they give me a confirmation number of something that I will link in my Disney experience so it will let me book my FP+ at 60 days and order MagicBand? Is there any downside I should think about?

I have booked all our trips directly thru Disney so I have no experience booking with a travel agent. If I book with one do they give me a confirmation number of something that I will link in my Disney experience so it will let me book my FP+ at 60 days and order MagicBand? Is there any downside I should think about?

Yes!! They will do as little or as much as you want. (Speaking for the majority)

Just remember to update the address for your magic band delivery. It is usually listed as the TAs address so just update it to yours.

A competent TA should have no problems or issues giving you the Disney confirmation number so you can add it to your MDE account. One that isn't familiar with planning Disney trips, might take a while, or give you an internal confirmation number instead. Depending on the responsiveness of your TA, you might want to ask them for it 10 or so days before you need it, so you have enough time to get everything linked and to follow up with them if they give you the wrong number, or don't respond immediately. So at say 190 days if you are going to be booking any ADRs, or 70 days if you just want to do FP+ bookings.
Working with a knowledgeable TA, especially one that specializes in Disney trips should have no downsides. They will keep track of things like any discounts that get released that may apply to you and try to apply them without you asking, give you heads up as to when you need to book things, etc at no charge to you (WDW gives them commission) If you are working with someone who either doesn't specialize in Disney, or simply doesn't respond to you or realize how time critical some things can be can cause lots of headaches for you. The TA needs to make changes to your trip as they technically own it, so if they don't jump on a discount that is released instead calling to rebook a day or two later might miss the discount availability. Ditto with getting you you confirmation number. If they don't realize that ADRs for things like BOG need to be booked right at the window opening, and don't give you the confirmation number on time, you might miss the opportunity to get those hard to get ADRs. There are lots of good Disney focused TAs, many of which sponsor various boards and websites and will usually gladly talk to you and give you a no obligation quote so you can feel out if you think they are a good fit for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!