Order from any menu

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
Is it true that you can order food from a menu at one of the other restaurants? For example if you are dining that night in Animator's Palate, you could request food from the menu for that night in Lumiere's or Rapunzel's Royal Table?

Is it true that you can order food from a menu at one of the other restaurants? For example if you are dining that night in Animator's Palate, you could request food from the menu for that night in Lumiere's or Rapunzel's Royal Table?

Technically you can, BUT you will be in that restaurant another night. It creates an issue because the servers have to go to the other kitchen. Of course they will do what they can, smile, and say "Of course!" but it does create issues.

Besides, on any night but the first three, they all have the same menu.

I only request food from the restaurants that I know share a kitchen, like Royal Palace and Amimator's on the Dream. There's one thing I request on the normal dining nights, but thankfully we usually have the same head server (we're now friends online) and he takes care of us. We make sure to tip him very well though, and this time I think we'll be getting him a restaurant gift card too for him and his family since he's taken such great care of us over the past 10 years.

Unless it is an allergy issue and there is no acceptable substitute, why would you do this? These servers work SO hard (and I'd course they will smile and say yes). Your special request will cause them more work and slow down every one else's dinner. Perhaps I'm sensitive to this because I was raised in a restaurant family....but eat what's on the menu!

The server will do their best to make certain you enjoy your meal. If the only way you will enjoy your meal is to have an entree currently served in another restaurant then ask. This does not work on nights where the same dinners are served in all the restaurant, like pirate night.

We've done this, but do so sparingly. You can view all of the dinner menus on the app once you board, so we try to scan them for issues where our kids will not like anything. We'll talk with the head server one night in advance and usually it's not an issue. But, it's not something we always do because it does take them out of their rhythm.

The server will do their best to make certain you enjoy your meal. If the only way you will enjoy your meal is to have an entree currently served in another restaurant then ask. This does not work on nights where the same dinners are served in all the restaurant, like pirate night.

We saw a woman served an item from the regular AP menu on pirate night (and we were in Royal Court). I wish I knew that was an option bcs it was one of my DD's favorite things.

We saw a woman served an item from the regular AP menu on pirate night (and we were in Royal Court). I wish I knew that was an option bcs it was one of my DD's favorite things.

Technically it is not on the menu, so it IS an even bigger imposition on the kitchen because unlike a night when all 3 rotational menus are being served, someone had to specially prep that dish.

And even if you increase the MDR tip, it may or may not make it back to the kitchen and that is where the imposition is biggest.

This is also why you don't claim "allergy" on a preference. Allergy protocol is a big thing. Huge imposition if it is not an allergy.

Sorry, I can see this getting way out of control and DCL stopping this practice. Think character autograph items at Guest Services for an example.

Exactly! Everyone has the chance for the primary MDR menu once unless as an adult you choose to eat elsewhere one night. That is on you. If there is something you really like on one menu, don’t go to Cabanas or Palo or Remy that night.

We've done this, but do so sparingly. You can view all of the dinner menus on the app once you board, so we try to scan them for issues where our kids will not like anything. We'll talk with the head server one night in advance and usually it's not an issue. But, it's not something we always do because it does take them out of their rhythm.

With the current version of the app (that was released in Feb 2018), you can no longer see the other restaurant menus. :( This was a disappointing "feature" on my cruise ending last Sunday. Of course, this could change again in the future!

With the current version of the app (that was released in Feb 2018), you can no longer see the other restaurant menus. :( This was a disappointing "feature" on my cruise ending last Sunday. Of course, this could change again in the future!
I have very mixed feelings about this. On the plus side, it implies that the app is more personalized now. Can you still move forward to another day and see your menu from there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter