Options for using Canadian Special Disneyland Tickets

Palendat

DIS Veteran
I had booked a trip to Disneyland for my son and me in late August. I have cancelled my flight but I'm wondering about the Canadian tickets that I purchased at a 20% discount in February. The website says the tickets will now expire at the end of May, 2021, but there is no way I will be able to squeeze in a trip before then. What are people's thoughts on Disney's willingness to extend the tickets further? Any rumours out there?

I had booked a trip to Disneyland for my son and me in late August. I have cancelled my flight but I'm wondering about the Canadian tickets that I purchased at a 20% discount in February. The website says the tickets will now expire at the end of May, 2021, but there is no way I will be able to squeeze in a trip before then. What are people's thoughts on Disney's willingness to extend the tickets further? Any rumours out there?

Hard to say, but if the US/Canada border is still closed/advised not to travel, then you shouldn't have any issue with getting some type of solution.

The value of the tickets don’t go away. If they aren’t extended, you can use the value of them and apply them towards the purchase of new tickets.

We gave the same tickets and as the above poster said, the value will remain. Other then the May 2021 date there is no other information but I would imagine that they might extend it depending on how long the Parks might be closed for (no inside info on that though just a gut feeling.)

Did you purchase your tickets directly from Disney when you received the refund. Many here have purchased tickets through other retailers.

The website says the tickets will now expire at the end of May, 2021
Can you share the URL where it says this? I bought 5-day PH MP tickets as well for DL in January using the Cdn discounts. But when I go on the DL app, the tickets don't show the expiry date, and I can't find anything on DL's website. I just want to make sure this extension applies to our tickets too as we're making the call to cancel our September trip :(

Can you share the URL where it says this? I bought 5-day PH MP tickets as well for DL in January using the Cdn discounts. But when I go on the DL app, the tickets don't show the expiry date, and I can't find anything on DL's website. I just want to make sure this extension applies to our tickets too as we're making the call to cancel our September trip :(
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/travel-information/
I hope this link works for you! Scroll down to ‘Theme park tickets’ under modifications and cancellations. It states the different policies for each type of ticket.

Just a heads up, DL updated their site and certain international tickets (canadian tkts included) have been extended to Dec. 2021. 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200520-224358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200520-224358_Chrome.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
I wish they would extend the DW tickets to the end of 2021. We got ours through airmiles and it is the thing stressing me the most. Although even then I'll have some trouble as DD will need an adult ticket next year, not child.

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for their DL Canadian resident tickets? (I bought my tickets directly through Disney) I was supposed to go in September but have since cancelled my trip. I know tickets have been extended to use through Dec 2021 but honestly the covid-19 situation in the US scares me. I'd rather get my money back now and re-purchase tickets in the future once things are fully safe and the parks are back to normal. Also getting that $900+ back now would be really useful tbh.

Has anyone been successful in getting a refund for their DL Canadian resident tickets? (I bought my tickets directly through Disney) I was supposed to go in September but have since cancelled my trip. I know tickets have been extended to use through Dec 2021 but honestly the covid-19 situation in the US scares me. I'd rather get my money back now and re-purchase tickets in the future once things are fully safe and the parks are back to normal. Also getting that $900+ back now would be really useful tbh.
We got a full refund. Wasn't an issue at all. Took a few days for the refund to show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!