Opinions please.....

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
I need opinions on what resorts to stay at. I have stayed at POFQ, CBR, and WL. I have 2 kids who will be 7 and 10 at the time. My parents are coming along with us this time and there one and only trip to the world was in 1995 staying at the fairway villas which are now closed. We are going for 2 weeks in August and would like to stay 1 week in a moderate and 1 week in a deluxe. I was leaning more towards POR for the moderate and really cannot decide on a deluxe (AK, Contemporary,Poly, or WL again). For POR what are the best sections that are close to most everything in the resort (main pool, restaurant).

Well...where do you think you'll be spending alot of your time? It might be really nice to stay at Cont, Poly, or GF if you're going to be at MK alot. If you choose AKL, definitely go with a Savannah view...well worth the extra few dollars.

I think it is a great idea to stay at the resort closest to the park that you plan to visit the most.

Although the Fairway villas are closed, there are room options at the DVC resorts that may be able to accomodate your entire group. Old Key West is on the water way to Downtown Disney, and has a ferry that runs in the afternoons and evenings. Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas are another option... You can either reserve through Disney (on a cash basis) or see about renting points, which is a great cost savings way to stay in a place that will have multiple (or at least one) bedroom(s) and a kitchen or kitchenette. We recently went with our 2 DDs and my parents. We stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW. We had a full living room with a sofa bed, a full kitchen with all the appliances and housewares, a bedroom with a king size bed and large bath, and a second bedroom that had 2 queen size beds and a kitchenette that included a refrigerator and a microwave. I can't imagine a way it could be any more convenient...

I would try to pick two resorts that are very different from eachother. If you stay at POR in the rustic Bayou section then maybe you should go with a deluxe that is a little mor formal like the Yacht or Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn. If you stay on the Magnolia Terrace section of POR than I would go with AKL, WL or the Polynesian. I think all woudl enjoy the animals at AKL and while I don't have a problem with the location you may wish to discuss the extra 3-10 minute travel time with the rest of your group.

If you watch the codes, you may be able to get both weeks at AKL, they offer some great rates at all different times of the year. That is our number one place to stay...if we aren't at the BWV's.

It's just my opinion, but....you asked for it ;)

We LOVED AKL!! Definately savannah view. You should listen to webray...we got a great deal and stayed there all week our last visit.

That's my two cents worth...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter