Opinions please on RD and morning EMH

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
We have been regularly going to wdw since 2003. We have always been a RD family. My kids are now 19&16 and still great at getting up early but I’m trying to decide between 8am EMH or 9am RD on non EMH morning.

The dates are Dec 13 when EPCOT has EMH at 8am and MK opens at 9. And Dec 14 when it’s the opposite and MK has EMH at 8am and EPCOT opens at 9. Typically we would RD EMH at Epcot Thursday and MK Friday. However, we definitely plan to RD EMH the next two days- Saturday and Sunday- at AK and HS. I’m just worried about 4 straight 8am days.

So my question is, how much will we miss out on if we decide to go on non EMH days for Epcot and MK? Will the crowds be significantly bigger at RD on those days? Both of those are party days at MK so I think that will help. We’ve not typically been high on pm EMH but have always done am. I feel like we’re missing out if we don’t use them.

WDW rule of thumb:
The earlier the hour, the fewer the guests.

We never buy Park Hoppers, so we usually do non-EMH days.

When we have done morning EMH days, we find the park to be significantly more crowded throughout the day than a non-EMH day (even though the EMH hour is great!).

We like EMH and do it as much as possible.

One strategy if you don't park hop with EMH you need to park tour by making it to the back of the park when it opens to the general public. Then, you still have lesser crowds until they catch up with you.

Also, depending on crowd anticipation Disney at the last minute may do an EMH starting at 7 am in December. They did it last year in early December. We love the early early hour. It is harder to get a breakfast when you go this early. We plan for it the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter