opinions please: Blue Bayou Vs River Bell Terrace

Liz Z

DIS Veteran
This will be our first visit to DL next month.:yay: I have Blue Bayou reserved for F! But now im thinking that River Belle Terrace might be better only because were seniors and might have a hard time sitting on the ground and that having seats for the show might be better.

How does the food compare?

Would the viewing be the same comparing both restaurants?
Thank You

I appreciate your help.

LIz:flower3:

The River Belle package that includes seats is the premium package that you need to call for (can't book online), and it's more expensive. I haven't done it. You're aways back behind the crowd (on the restaurant patio), and it seems that reviews of the experience really vary (you can end up with a table in the back, behind several others, apparently). It's not a view I'd want, but I understand that for some people, having a chair trumps the view!

The Blue Bayou or River Belle normal package will both involve sitting on the ground, with very similar seating areas/situations.

We went to DL earlier this year and did the Blue Bayou dinner. I much preferred the menu for Blue Bayou. We all had a great meal. The cushions we received were better than nothing but made the sitting on the ground for Fantasmic barely manageable for me. If I were to do it again I would know to bring an additional cushion for myself. My husband and adult children were fine, although one son was glad he spread out his poncho as a child behind us spilled some juice before the show. This thankfully went under the poncho and not on DS.

We are trying River Bell Terrace seating this trip. We've purchased the Blue Bayou package three times now. While sitting on the ground is somewhat tolerable, trying the seats sounds nice. One big difference between the two, at Blue Bayou you can eat dinner at 5pm, then return for the show at 8pm or 9pm. River Bell serves dinner just before the show. We are early eaters so it will be interesting this time around. If the seniors in your group have mobility issues, I would go RBT.

We will be trying the RBT seating later this month. My mom simply can't sit on the ground so for us its the only way we can all watch it. I reserved the first day the reservations were open so I'm hoping for a table in the front.

We will be trying the RBT seating later this month. My mom simply can't sit on the ground so for us its the only way we can all watch it. I reserved the first day the reservations were open so I'm hoping for a table in the front.
My experience was that they seated the guests who arrived first in the front and then filled in the rest of the tables. It was not based on priority of reservations.

I've done both Riverbelle Terrace and Blue Bayou.
Riverbelle Terrace - ground - These seats are right next to Blue Bayou seating, sans cushions. So, if you want a dinner package and are looking at price this is the one for you
Riverbelle Terrace - chairs - This is an upgrade to the Riverbelle Terrace package, where you eat dinner then stay in your seats to watch the show. If your party needs seats then this is the way to go. I recommend getting there early if sitting at the railing is a must. I will caveat this with there is a walkway in front of you where people will continue to walk throughout the show. This might be a little distracting, so just be prepared. They do not block the view, though, because you're sitting above them.
Blue Bayou package - After dinner at the Blue Bayou you sit in the area with a view of center stage, and are given cushions. This is pricier than Riverbelle Terrace, and a nice choice if you want to eat at the restaurant and get that cushion. Personal note, you are paying for the view, so consider that when paying for the meal. I had the fish - delicious. Surf & turf is probably best value.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your help. Will have to think this over a little more. Not sure i would want people constantly walking by in front of your view. might be a little distracting.

Sure hope no one spills their drinks lol:thanks:

We did it last year, we found the food good, seating was horrible. We were on the rail and the folks in front on the ground interrupted much of the viewing. This was last August

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter