Opinions on Jan. 2019

Clare

Mouseketeer
we usually travel to WDW during the last week of January or the first week of February. It’s getting tougher to take our kids out of school as they get older, so next year we are considering taking a trip from January 1-6.

I see that the 2019 marathon weekend isn’t until the 9th-13th, but I’d like opinions on crowds during that time. I’m assuming they dissipate a little for folks whose kids go back to school early in the new year, but I want to be realistic about what to expect.

Thanks!!

Many schools (like yours) have delayed re-starting after the New Year by about a week.

Schools in the WDW area (Orlando and Kissimmee, likely others) didn't resume until Jan. 8 this year (2018.)

When schools are out, expect WDW to be pretty busy.

Last edited:
We are 8 hours away, major city, hundreds of thousands of students ............ also out of school that week, don't go back until the 7th. Disney is very popular that week for them, because it's after Christmas but while school is out, just like for you.

Expect it to be a busy week, just like this year was with the same holiday break.

We just returned from our annual visit... this time 30 December- 7 January. We saw little difference in crowd levels throughout the week. Manageable crowds but crazy busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter