• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions on a resort

luckyman_apd

DIS Veteran
We are going next July 1st through 10th and have a BLT standard view reservation from July 1-3 and 4-10. I have the 3rd waitlisted. The 7 month window is approaching so here are my thoughts. Since we don't have a SV room at BLT, we are considering July 1- 4 at BWV or BCV. IF BWV Standard view is open, it's less points so I would probably book it. If SV is not available for those days, the choice (obviously if there is availability) would be BCV or BWV. I'm curious as to people's preference. We want to try the Epcot resorts as we've never stayed there. I'm leaning towards BCV so the kids could enjoy Storm along Bay, but I've always wanted to check out BW. This whole hypothetical is dependent on those rooms being available. I don't see it as a problem, but you never know. BLT still has plenty of openings too....just not the SV that we have for all the other nights.

My home resort is the Boardwalk and I love it. However, when I was a kid, I did stay 6 times at the Yacht and Beach Club and thoroughly enjoyed Stormalong Bay. It may be harder to find a room at the Beach Club since there are less, but I would go for it so your kids can enjoy the pool. Also, you are about a 5 minute walk from the Boardwalk, so you can always go over and investigate!

We've stayed at both BWV and BCV and enjoyed them both - it might easier to get into BWV since it is larger. We also really like the ability to walk to both HS and Epcot.

You will probably get an equal number of votes for each. We prefer the Boardwalk, but that's us. Since you mention Stormalong Bay for the kids I would book at the BCV. You will still be close enough to the Boardwalk to enjoy the restaurants and evening entertainment there.

I personally think the one night of July 3 will open up at BLT and render this discussion moot.

BCV pool is awesome but the BWV sv is a fantastic bargain in terms of points. The BW side of the pond has more interesting things going on a night than BCV and has tons more restaurant options.

SAB is a huge pool. If your kids are very young, then it would be a reason NOT to book BCV. You can very easily lose sight of your kids there. However, if they are older that sand is nice...

I figure it all depends on availability, and getting SV BW to save points would be ideal, but I would assume most owners would book that similar to us who took BLT SV. I made the reservation about a week after the 11 month mark and originally the 3rd was available. I only booked 7 days starting on the 4th since I didn't want to borrow points....then I did the math and realized that was silly only to find SV BLT was booked up for the 3rd.

My wife told me last night that she would be ok staying at either the whole time or doing the split stay. It's completely up to me. I've heard SAB is pretty awesome and would like to try it (kids will be almost 9 and almost 5). Hearing about BWV from friends makes it sound like something I would love.

I think I will do the split just because I'm thinking of avoiding the parks entirely on the 4th and viewing fireworks from the TOWL and I think July 3rd and 4th it is closed to anyone not staying at BLT on points.

I personally think the one night of July 3 will open up at BLT and render this discussion moot.

BCV pool is awesome but the BWV sv is a fantastic bargain in terms of points. The BW side of the pond has more interesting things going on a night than BCV and has tons more restaurant options.

Waitlist came through. No idea when, didn't get an email. Logged in tonight to start viewing 7 month availablity for begining of July and I noticed I had the 3rd booked and the points borrowed. Now I'll still look. Maybe we'll start at BLT and move to BCV or BWV later in the trip. I really wanted to be at BLT to start because of fireworks views. Thanks for the input. I really think I will go for BCV to try the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter