Opinions needed on hotels: Sheraton, Carousel, Peacock Suites

JenLovesPooh

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm new to the Disneyland Board. My family is planning a trip to San Diego in late August and we thought we'd spend 5 days in disneyland while we're on the west coast.

We are a family of 6. Me, DH and our 4 kids (ages 10, 8, 4, 2. We don't fit into a standard hotel room (occupancy of 4 or 5). I've researched all the area hotels and the ones that best fit our family and budget seem to be Sheraton Four Points, Carousel Inn, and the Peacock Suites.
If anyone has any opinions I'd appreciate hearing them.

I've read some opinions on the Carousel Inn, most seem to find it OK, not great. My question is: would you go back?

Sheraton 4 pts. (on Katella Ave) has a great rate of $89 for a room with 2 Queen beds and a Sleeper Sofa that would accomodate us and is 1 block from DL.

Peacock Suites has a suite that would accomodate us for $109, but is 2 blocks from DL. I think that would be too far to walk with my little ones so I would have to rely on their transportation to the parks.

I'm open to any other hotel suggestions you think would accomodate us. Thanks!

Based on our stay at Carousel Inn I would look for another one of the hotels, not that it was bad it just didn't thrill me. I think I'd opt for the Sheraton unless you want to be right across the street as the Carousel Inn is.

<font face="Tahoma"> SteveH
<font color="#000080">Co-Moderator:</font> <font color="#000080"> Resorts Board
<font color="#008080">Webmaster:</font> <font color="#008080"> Coronado Springs Photo & Info Site</font>
<font color="#CC0099">Bound for the Grand Californian at Disneyland

we stayed at the peacock about 4 years ago, then it was turned into time shares....but i guess it is back ? It was very nice, and had an indoor pool.. We have also stayed at the carousel, basic but killer location......my guess is you might be happiest at the Sheraton. With 5 days to do DL, there is really no need to be in walking distance.

mailboxhearts.gif

What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are tiny matters
compared to what lies within us -Emerson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter