Opinions from those that have stayed at both PO and CB

pstepka

DIS Veteran
I am familiar with both resorts but would also like to hear others' opinions. 3 adults, one infant staying 6 nights during Food and Wine. It's me (grandma), daughter, son-in-law and 18 month grandson (who LOVES being out and about). We plan on spending at least 3 evenings at World Showcase so we like the location of those to resorts. I know the CB has a zero-depth entry pool so that would be great for the baby. We don't plan on eating at the resort, except if we stayed at PO we may eat dinner there one evening.

I'd love opinions on if either of these would be better than the other. If the baby were older I may lean toward a resort near AK so he could visit the lodge and look at the animals but that will be for the next trip :-).

Thanks in advance,

Pam

We have stayed at both the PO resorts and CB. The CB is very spread out and if you are not near the main area, you either have a very long walk or have to wait for the intra-resort shuttle. We much prefer the PO resorts. POFQ is much smaller and easier to get around, especially with little ones who may need a nap. POR is nice, but much larger, though I prefer the quick service at the Riverside. They also have a table service restaurant. POFQ does not. The boats to get to Disney Springs are nice as well.

I do like the boats to DS and it's good to know that CB is very spread out. The zero depth pool may not be worth all the walking.

both the PO resorts are very good, we stay at Riverside when we go there as we have 5 and need the pull down. But we have stayed at both and like them. If we cannot stay at the monorail resorts this is where we would 'split stay' and is top of that list! We enjoyed the ability to jump on the boat and go to Disney Springs and the theming, it was cool! Not sure on prices but it is often rather spendy!

Good choice! We love it there. We love CBR as well, but it is so spread out. We like it more now that our kids are older and can handle a ten minute walk to the pool and back.

Been to both and didn't care for CB at all. WAAAAAAAAAAY too spread out and didn't care for the theming also, very basic. It is so spread out that you may need to drive to the main pool or food court if you don't want to walk a ton. (we saw a lot of people doing this)

POR and POFQ are the two best moderates by far IMO.
www.portorleans.org

Dan

I've stayed at all the mods (most more than once) Riverside is my favorite Mod by a lot. Boat to Disney Springs, gorgeous grounds, much more walkable than CBR (we stayed in a pirate room one time, the walk to the pool was brutal) better onsite dining, entertainment in the lounge, and you have access to POFQ amenities as well. The only thing better at CBR is the pool itself, and the toddler splash pad. (although I do like how shady the pool is at POR, and the pool bar is my fave)

POR is our favorite Mod. So serene, we now book preferred to ensure location is not too far although if I had to walk that is the resort I would want to do it at. When we stayed a CBR I started to walk with the kids to the food court and had to turn around and wound up driving.

I wasn't sure when your plan to go was. CB is going through some major rehab with the new Rivera resort being added and the Skyliner towers going up.

POFQ is a wonderful, beautiful resort. It's currently the smallest of all Disney resorts so it will give you a very nice, intimate experience. I also like that they have live music and you can walk from the POFQ and POR via a walkway along the water. Make sure you take the boat to DS, it takes longer than if you drive or take the bus but the ride is so relaxing.

Thank you all - I changed to POFQ. I think it will be the best choice.

I think you will be very happy!

I've stayed at both - POR twice and CB once. (And we've chosen POFQ, split with AKL, for next time, so you can tell I'm a fan!)

I have nothing bad to say about CB, other than it's under construction right now - so that's why I would avoid it. But we stayed there in 2015 and had a lovely, relaxing time. The tropical theme was actually just what we wanted that year, as we were escaping heavy snow back home!

I think my favorite trip ever, though, was at POR! - DS was little, and a very early riser, and we would walk around the grounds early in the morning and see adorable bunnies. We loved the boat to DS, and the surrey bikes, and just the general feel of it.

Ans as far as the pools go, I think your DGS will enjoy POFQ. With 3 adults to one toddler, the zero-entry won't even be an issue - someone will always be ready to help him in and out!

Thank you all!! I am now even more sure I made the right choice! I would have loved Beach Club Villas (I rent DVC points often) but since we will be there during Food & Wine and only booked recently, nothing was available for BC or Boardwalk.

I like POR

I will never understand the appeal of a zero entry pool. Takes all that much longer to slowly slog your way out of it. Makes me feel like I’m in a nightmare trying to move fast and being unable to.

I like POR

I will never understand the appeal of a zero entry pool. Takes all that much longer to slowly slog your way out of it. Makes me feel like I’m in a nightmare trying to move fast and being unable to.

I don't like them either, as an adult. But they are good for babies who can sit / stand in them at an appropriate height.

I wanted to update to say that we stayed at POFQ and I am totally hooked! I usually rented DVC points and stayed in the studios but, as I said, we couldn't get one due to Food and Wine. I absolutely LOVED POFQ! As in, I don't know I'll go anywhere else now. It was small and cozy and beautiful and I LOVED walking around. We did have a toddler with us so being able to open our door and walk outside in the courtyard was a HUGE plus, but I think I'd stay there even without a toddler. It was close to Epcot also. AND the shrimp and grits at the food court were soooo good! I think I am a convert! Thank you to everyone who suggested it!!!!

I like POR

The are PERFECT for young kids! We always loved the Beach Club when the kids were little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter