Opinion on these older trailers: Caliber Ed N Trail , Prime time Tracer , Open Range, Cherokee’s G

Wonder05

Mouseketeer
I’m hop Me this ok.
My mother wanted me to ask for your input if any of these are worth checking out.

2012 North Trail Caliber Edition
Listed $15,000 says never used and it’s still got stickers on things like the sink

2012 Prime Time Tracer 3105bhd new blue ox hitch system $14,000

2011 Open Range Roamer
331bhs $16,000

2013 Forrest river Grey-Wolf 29BH $14,000

Fifth wheels:

2013 Forrest River Sierra 365saq $10,000 fifth wheel 41ft so maybe too much trailer.

And a 2010 Open range fifth time heel pics included can’t read the model. So not sure if bunkhouse or not. They definitely need a bunkhouse.
$17,000

Finally a Montana 3500RL
(Might be able to camp out in the Living as it looks big? $23,000

Btw Anything I should know looking at used?

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• EB82EFC8-8B5C-4DAD-870B-C059AA17A692.jpeg
    EB82EFC8-8B5C-4DAD-870B-C059AA17A692.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 82EAC0A8-880E-4992-B078-E8C6E36B816F.jpeg
    82EAC0A8-880E-4992-B078-E8C6E36B816F.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
  • D53EBFB2-DB10-4335-ABE8-ABF42BA158FC.jpeg
    D53EBFB2-DB10-4335-ABE8-ABF42BA158FC.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
Found the info on the fifth wheels. Looks like too much trailer.

TV is a 2500HD Silverado (it’s so big but not going to attempt to tow something that could possibly push the limits and I don’t think the fifth wheel changes the towing capacity does it?

The main thing to look for in a used camper is water damage. Be sure to inspect every inch inside outside and underneath.

Last edited:
Smell when you walk in and when looking in storage compartment. Water damage has a distinct smell to it.

Also, if you'll check around the corners outside, especially at bottom look for a brown colored stain. This is common color as the wood breaks down due to water damage.

Warped countertops are another clue.

Ok so my parents sent me to ask some questions. We are looking for something with a u dinette , bunk beds, my parents will sleep in the master bedroom , my husband I (he’s a big guy belly and I’m small I’m 5’2” no belly)
Three children under age of 6 but would like for them to be able to play and sleep in the bunks when they are older.

My mom and dad were Looking and got to go over with a Used Keystone technician sans sale person (hmm now I’m getting skeptical) He walked through several with then and even climbed on top of a neighboring trailer to look over the roof. He showed us the PDI list they have at the rv place. He went through everything on it with them my mom says.

I’m just going to copy paste from my mom

Checked the black water tank, the fridge, took apart the dinette, got into corners of trailer and sniffed for mildew. Showed us the wheel bearings, axles, what slides to look for etc. Remember how I kept saying about the slide out in the one Jayco seeming to "dip" in the center? We were in a KZ when he came in and asked if we had any technical questions. He was upfront and stated he was not a sales person but one of their independent technicians and was just answering any technical questions folks had. He said KZ was a very good manufacturer but don't buy the model we were in as the slide had a dip in the center and that would lead to a water leak!”

“So a question for your Camping group.
2016 Keystone Hideout 28 BHS. One owner (traded up for a Grand Design $50,000 thing -we spoke with the sales person who sold the Hideout originally). Dealer will repack bearings, re-caulk outside putty, add spare tire, put on new hitch with weight distribution, sway control. Plus adding slide topper. Cost $20,921 including tax and tags. Comes with a 90 day limited warranty (have to read that).
I think it breaks down like this:
$17,500 for rig
$1,950 for the other stuff
$1,167 tax
$300 tags
Does that sound fair and should we offer less?”

Ok now back to me asking here. I’m skeptical they happen to have a technician.
He is paid by the company no? So of course he’s going to recomend the trailer?
Also how “tight “ exactly is the hideout? We had all of us except my husband in the Jayco jayflight and I wouldn’t go any smaller then that.

Any input would be helpful.
I know my mom and dad were concerned with delamination and leaks. I just don’t want them taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance.

Smell when you walk in and when looking in storage compartment. Water damage has a distinct smell to it.

Also, if you'll check around the corners outside, especially at bottom look for a brown colored stain. This is common color as the wood breaks down due to water damage.

Warped countertops are another clue.
Yeah, that’s why I’d want to inspect myself I tend to notice smells and details.
Thanks!

My dad has informed me they have an annual open house.

This weekend was it and that’s why they had technician available just for this to answer questions sales don’t know the answer to.

The tech said they refer to coachman As spottted dog crap. They don’t sell coachman chaparral (I had sent a link to my parents about a Used 2016 coachman chaparral lite $22,000 28bhs)
And has my parents looking at keystones Used
28bhs keystone hideout and a
2018 new keystone Summerland 2820bh
They were looking at Jayco 28bhs but the dealer doesn’t sell them and they were rated number one in the state.

And they will do a list of stuff to the hideout.
“Keystone Hideout 28 BHS. One owner (traded up for a Grand Design $50,000 thing -we spoke with the sales person who sold the Hideout originally). Dealer will repack bearings, re-caulkoutside putty, add spare tire, put on new hitch with weight distribution, swaycontrol. Plus adding slide topper. Cost$20,921 including tax and tags. Comes with a 90 day limited warranty (have toread that).
I think it breaks down like this:
$17,500 for rig
$1,950 for the other stuff
$1,167 tax
$300 tags
Does that sound fair and should we offerless?”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter