Opinion if you can, wait till things fully reopen

Thank you all for sharing. I can’t travel right now , but I am planning for the end of 2022 a much slower pace stay .

We have canceled and rebooked twice throughout the pandemic. We all have health issues that complicate things for my family. We currently have a trip booked for July which we planned on going on as long as we all got vaccinated.

Then we discussed all of the limitations OP mentioned plus others that we thought of. Coming from the northeast, we visit WDW every 2-3 years because the way we like to travel involves staying deluxe so our trips cost between $8,000 - $9,000. Last time was in 2018 for our 25th Anniversary vow renewal, so it was more. When we went to Disneyland in 2019, we spent $10,000 for our 10 day trip. Given the lesser experience right now, we cannot justify spending that. We would rather save up for DD’s future Disney wedding.

So, we booked two ocean view rooms at Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood instead. Two deluxe rooms cheaper than one room at the Polynesian. No need to buy expensive park tickets. We are saving a boatload if money that can be stashed away for later.

I miss WDW, but not the way it is now.

I’m cringing at the thought of having to buy tickets for our trip in March. We went in Oct on rented points, came home and bought our first contract. We are Disneyland AP holders from Arizona (or were) and the thought of shelling out another $2k just for tickets is killing me with the reduced hours and experiences. We have 8 nights at BWI so we may just do Universal and Sea World. Kids will be heartbroken to be so close to WDW and not go to the parks so I may cave. After all, we don’t know when we’ll get back to DLR!

Leaving today. You are paying full price for less than full price experience. No fireworks, no real parades (an occasional impromptu float/street car/boat with characters), no character interactions, masks make it much hotter, some things closed for refurbishing or covid reasons, took 30 minutes to get coke with ice due to having to order online. If you could get a discount, then fine. But just feels like a different (lessor) experience for the same price and energy.

But, Disney is doing great job making it covid safe. Amazing. Buses have seats separated, love the distance separators in lines, tables spacing, online ordering, etc. Good job Disney during difficult circumstances.

Soooo great if you just need Disney fix and getaway. But warning, it isn't the same.
For us, the extremely low airfare and ticket deal made a trip make sense and really I think overall this will be a once in a lifetime experience to see the parks this way. I also like that I don't have to plan dining reservations at 6 months in advance. With DVC, the room cost isn't an issue, so really it is just food at this point.

We just got back on 1/31.

It was, hands down, our best trip to date. Sure, we missed the fireworks and the shows and the other experiences. But it was so different, it forced us to adapt and treat it differently. There was so much to enjoy and we did so much we had never done before. It was wonderful.

I loved the calvacades. Donald kept indicating and gesturing to my son, who was wearing his Donald Duck hat. Every time he saw him coming, he got so excited. It was more personal than the parades, and you didn't have to wait to meet the characters. My DD5 started listening to the music, so she could hear when it changed and be the first to announce the characters were coming.

It was really, really a magical trip. Honestly, Disney can keep the social distancing in the lines and the limited capacity. It was wonderful.

To be up front we are dvc members with points.

If anybody can remember right now slightly reminds me of Disney post 9/11.

I went in 2002 and could get on any ride I wanted multiple times.
That is how it was this last trip.
Are things closed? Yes
Are there less restaurants? Yes
Are there less things Disney? Sure

was I able to go on rides that I normally would not be able to get on in the same day.
ABSOLUTELY.
My kids got to experience all their hearts desired this trip. It was well worth our money.

Our trip in Jan of 2020 the parks were jammed everything was open and we couldn't do half the things we wanted to do and we are organized lol!
This trip Jan of 2021 was much more relaxed people were respectful "mostly" and we were able to do pretty much whatever we want.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip maybe wait
So you can experience everything.
However if you plan to go more than once I can highly recommend going RIGHT NOW before the parks start getting busier and busier again.
It was well worth it for us!
We are headed back in November.

We checked out Nomads lounge this trip in Animal Kingdom. Such a great spot for midday cocktails and appetizers. Great stuff for the kiddos too.

GL to anybody trying to pull the trigger.
Go for it.😃

We went in October, it was a fun trip. We did miss our normal activities. On arrival day, we always start our Disney vacation off with the hoop dee do revue. It just puts a smile on your face. More chicken, more chicken!!
I hope all the performers come back soon!!

We went in October, it was a fun trip. We did miss our normal activities. On arrival day, we always start our Disney vacation off with the hoop dee do revue. It just puts a smile on your face. More chicken, more chicken!!
I hope all the performers come back soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!