Opening time for non Pandora rides in AK

Eccle

Mouseketeer
I know the Pandora rides have been starting to operate before the official park opening time. From looking on MDE at wait times, other rides are showing wait times before opening time as well. Does this mean that all AK rides are starting early, or would they only begin at 8am?

When I was there last month, the non Pandora rides did not start operating until right at opening time, which was 9am the day we were there.

Thank you, just trying to work out what time to arrive if we're not fighting our way into Pandora!

You're welcome! Not sure where you are looking to go first, but we got there about 9:15 and headed straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris and pretty much walked right on.

Does anyone happen to know when Pandora rides typically open on a morning with extra magic hours at AK?

I went to AK for rope drop on a normal day last month, Mid-December. I arrived at the parking lot about 8am, and I arrived at the large horde waiting behind the rope at Pandora about 8:25. Rope dropped and Pandora opened at 8:30 (as many report here), wheras the park's opening time was 9:00 am. I ended up getting on the ride about 9:15, which all and all wasn't a bad wait. 45 minutes for FoP is great.

THIS month... late January, I'll be coming back to AK for another trip, this time w/ Extra Magic Hours (I don't often spring for Disney Hotels, but this time found a good rate, so went for it)... EMH start at 8am. Park opens proper at 9am. I'm unclear on if I should expect Pandora to open at 7:30 or 8.

I'd like to be there as early as possible, while not being there way TOO early, ya'know?

You're welcome! Not sure where you are looking to go first, but we got there about 9:15 and headed straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris and pretty much walked right on.

Thank you, I think my plan is that we head for Dinosaur first, then Primeval Whirl and then work round to EE, we have fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari later. I'm hoping we can do all 3 during EMH.

Was it still busy getting into the park at that time?

I thought rides that are open during EMH are open to resort guests for the whole hour. So we will have to wait until 8:30 before the avatar flight rides is even open? If that's the case, we'll only have time for one ride during that whole hour. Come to think of it, I remember getting there a couple years ago for EMH and being disappointed since the rides weren't open yet. Why advertise EMH for resort guests and then have nothing for them to do when they get there early. It seems like just a way for them to control traffic or something.

I was planning to do AK EMH and then HS later in the day...with fast passes for HS. Should I just do fast passes at AK and hope to get some more at HS after we've used the AK? Here's what I was planning to do, arriving for EMH at AK and staying until around 11 or 12 before a resort break and then going to HS for the evening:

Na’vi river journey
Expedition Everest
Lion King show

At HS, Fastpasses:
Beauty & the Beast show
Star Wars
Toy Story
Star Wars fireworks show(main reason we are going to HS...not our favorite park)

I thought rides that are open during EMH are open to resort guests for the whole hour. So we will have to wait until 8:30 before the avatar flight rides is even open? If that's the case, we'll only have time for one ride during that whole hour. Come to think of it, I remember getting there a couple years ago for EMH and being disappointed since the rides weren't open yet. Why advertise EMH for resort guests and then have nothing for them to do when they get there early. It seems like just a way for them to control traffic or something.

I was planning to do AK EMH and then HS later in the day...with fast passes for HS. Should I just do fast passes at AK and hope to get some more at HS after we've used the AK? Here's what I was planning to do, arriving for EMH at AK and staying until around 11 or 12 before a resort break and then going to HS for the evening:

Na’vi river journey
Expedition Everest
Lion King show

At HS, Fastpasses:
Beauty & the Beast show
Star Wars
Toy Story
Star Wars fireworks show(main reason we are going to HS...not our favorite park)

No my understanding is that the Pandora rides are starting operating around 30 min earlier than the official time, so 8.30 on a normal 9am day, 7.30 on an EMH day. Most seem to say you need to arrive at least an hour before official opening time to get on FoP without a big wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter