** Opening Day Pricing REQUESTS Winter 2022: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

If someone would be willing to check this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 adults, 2 kids (9&12)
January 22nd 7 night Eastern.
Looking for 5E.
No air/insurance/transfers, but do have a placeholder.

Thanks in advance! I really do appreciate the help :)

Starting in 2022 prior to the arrival of the Wish Disney is reclassifying some categories. They say it is to make it more uniform across the different ships. 5Es are now 4Es:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/deck-plans.htm
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ategory-changes-for-2022-sailings-and-beyond/

That said, I'm not seeing any of the ones in the back of the ship where the old 5Es were on this sailing if that is what you were going for. This is the price of a 4E on 5 forward: to get the price with OBB subtract the tax from the total, times it by .9 and then add the tax back in. :)

Starting in 2022 prior to the arrival of the Wish Disney is reclassifying some categories. They say it is to make it more uniform across the different ships. 5Es are now 4Es:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/deck-plans.htm
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ategory-changes-for-2022-sailings-and-beyond/

That said, I'm not seeing any of the ones in the back of the ship where the old 5Es were on this sailing if that is what you were going for. This is the price of a 4E on 5 forward: to get the price with OBB subtract the tax from the total, times it by .9 and then add the tax back in. :)

View attachment 533711
Thank you so much! We like to be in the back. Would it be possibly to price just a regular verandah room for me? Either deck 8 or 9 aft? That's what we sent to our TA to book if the way back extended balcony rooms were all taken.
If it's too much of a hassle no worries! I will find out tomorrow at some point when I hear back from her.

Could some one send me the price breakdown of 4/2 Fantasy 2A1K (3 years old), looking at 10a vs 5a. No air transfer or insurance
Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Good evening. I’m ”silver“ w/ an OBB and trying to get a quick price breakdown for 2 different cruises...

2/19 5N Magic or 2/18 6N Wonder

2A/1K (14) 7A
2A/2K (11 & 12) 5A
2A/2K (12 & 13) 9B
2A 11A

Has anyone cruised out of New Orleans before during February? I’m a bit concerned about how warm the weather will be in the Gulf. Thank you in adVance. I appreciate your help so that my family can finally make a decision tonight.

Thank you so much! We like to be in the back. Would it be possibly to price just a regular verandah room for me? Either deck 8 or 9 aft? That's what we sent to our TA to book if the way back extended balcony rooms were all taken.
If it's too much of a hassle no worries! I will find out tomorrow at some point when I hear back from her.

Sure, here is a 5B, they also have 6A for $6,534.52, or 7A for $6,436.52

Good evening. I’m ”silver“ w/ an OBB and trying to get a quick price breakdown for 2 different cruises...

2A/1K (14) 7A
2A/2K (11 & 12) 5A
2A/2K (12 & 13) 9B
2A 11A

Has anyone cruised out of New Orleans before during February? I’m a bit concerned about how warm the weather will be in the Gulf. Thank you in adVance. I appreciate your help so that my family can finally make a decision tonight.

Hi and :welcome:

I haven't sailed from New Orleans yet so I am not sure... you may get more eyes on that question if you start a new thread. If it doesn't let you your post count may be too low - you can go here (https://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/) and spam a few posts to get up to 10.

Magic 2/19
2A/1K (14) 7A

2A/2K (11 & 12) 5A

2A/2K (12 & 13) 9B

2A 11A

Wonder 2/18
2A/1K (14) 7A

2A/2K (11 & 12) 5A

2A/2K (12 & 13) 9B

2A 11A

2A/1K (14) 7A
2A/2K (11 & 12) 5A
2A/2K (12 & 13) 9B
2A 11A

We were on the WBPC cruise that left out of New Orleans on March 6. The day we left was sunny in the upper 60’s. Within the next day or so it warmed up nicely, and we had a lovely day at the beach in Cozumel. Enjoy your cruise.

Talking to an agent now that said Hawaii sold out yesterday, but from time to time a room comes available. Keep looking. Those with holds may let one go at just the right time.

We were on the WBPC cruise that left out of New Orleans on March 6. The day we left was sunny in the upper 60’s. Within the next day or so it warmed up nicely, and we had a lovely day at the beach in Cozumel. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for insight. That definitely helps.

I am still silver and logged on this morning to see prices for my self family of three. They didn't have veranda and well I guess I am spoiled I won't cruise without veranda. We have DVC Aulani and try to go every year but the price for the cruise was like +6K non veranda. To me my opinion its not worth it. Its only two cruise so many people are going to be on it. I would be more inclined to get 11 night Transatlantic at 7K or the 14 night panama canal at 8K. Just my opinion, I am not a Facebook doctor.

Thanks! If I change categories (not just rooms) under the same reservation #, will it also keep the opening day pricing on the new category? What about changing sailings using the same reservation number, would the pricing stay at opening day for the new sailing? I am thinking the safest thing is to keep the 4E, and book a second dummy GTY reservation, but if connecting rooms pop up later, change the two GTY reservations to those, providing the pricing would still be opening day.
Uhmm, No, probably not. As you probably have learned, DCL cabin rates usually (but not always) go up over time.
Touring Plans has a bot that tracks this historically . . . and post-CoVid (we hope!) getting back to business, all bets are off -- who knows what next year, much less 2022, will bring, right?!

The short answer is probably not and be wary.

The longer explanation is that DW and I had our two Placeholders from good old 2019 (remember then!?), applied to two short East Coast Disney Magic cruises for Fall 2021, which we booked a while back. Then, we outsmarted ourselves by taking one of the Placeholders off our Fall 2021 booking to use for a Hawaii=> Vancouver cruise in 2022.

So we got the reduced deposit for 2022, but when we rebooked the Fall 2021 cruise, the price had gone up by approx. $400. Ouch. Plus, we should have realized use of the Placeholder means one doesn't get the Onboard Credit from DCL anymore. It's confusing and I am not sure if we will have saved or lost money, based on whether those Fall 2020 cruises even sail . . .

Bottom Line: Double check to make sure you are not giving up that sometimes-extremely-attractive early booking price when moving resv's around.

I am still silver and logged on this morning to see prices for my self family of three. They didn't have veranda and well I guess I am spoiled I won't cruise without veranda. We have DVC Aulani and try to go every year but the price for the cruise was like +6K non veranda. To me my opinion its not worth it. Its only two cruise so many people are going to be on it. I would be more inclined to get 11 night Transatlantic at 7K or the 14 night panama canal at 8K. Just my opinion, I am not a Facebook doctor.

I like the Veranda too. We do the metal wall and obstructed view, but I still feel part of the ocean and the ports.
Get on the waiting list. There are a lot of opportunistic bookers hoping/wishing that DCL will sail and racking up the resv's . . . they/we may not actually use pay-in-full for them all.

Uhmm, No, probably not. As you probably have learned, DCL cabin rates usually (but not always) go up over time.
Touring Plans has a bot that tracks this historically . . . and post-CoVid (we hope!) getting back to business, all bets are off -- who knows what next year, much less 2022, will bring, right?!

The short answer is probably not and be wary.

The longer explanation is that DW and I had our two Placeholders from good old 2019 (remember then!?), applied to two short East Coast Disney Magic cruises for Fall 2021, which we booked a while back. Then, we outsmarted ourselves by taking one of the Placeholders off our Fall 2021 booking to use for a Hawaii=> Vancouver cruise in 2022.

So we got the reduced deposit for 2022, but when we rebooked the Fall 2021 cruise, the price had gone up by approx. $400. Ouch. Plus, we should have realized use of the Placeholder means one doesn't get the Onboard Credit from DCL anymore. It's confusing and I am not sure if we will have saved or lost money, based on whether those Fall 2020 cruises even sail . . .

Bottom Line: Double check to make sure you are not giving up that sometimes-extremely-attractive early booking price when moving resv's around.

True that cabin rates tend to go up over time but I think shauna was asking about rates on the same cruise if she changes categories; my understanding is that if you change rooms, the pricing is locked in for you as of the day you booked, so if you book an oceanview on opening day but change to a verandah a year later, the price difference will be whatever it was as of opening day, even if the verandah is now more expensive.

You could check back about your onboard credit though; I just moved a cruise that I booked for April 2021 using placeholders from 2019 that still had OBC, and I moved it to a 2022 cruise. The agent confirmed we will still have the OBC. I think this due to their flexibility offer right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter