Open VMK?!

I voted but it does look very odd to me. There is no way Disney would let an independent group recreate the game.

Another VMKer I know on Facebook posted that the link is a hacker link. I hope you didn't give out any info. :eek:

Another VMKer I know on Facebook posted that the link is a hacker link. I hope you didn't give out any info. :eek:

There seems to be quite a movement behind this site including forums, twitter etc. So far nothing shady.

The site was made by some junior high school children. They have made several other sites like it. It has no connection to Disney whatsoever.

I just heard about this today. Wow its almost been what now... I'm losing count of the years since Vmk closed. A day without Vmk was long enough for me.

The ultimate fix would be if Disney restarted Vmk themselves, even if they made players pay. I'm still wishing for that to happen.

I can say that OpenVMK is a true site. Ran by junior high schoolers, I'm not sure. Some of you may not be able to use it because of your internet. You may have to update to either, Google Chrome, IE9, ex. When you joined, they should of sent you a message saying they will e-mail you when they are ready for the Alpha testing, (which is in 2nd week of July.) They do have a Twitter, @oVMK_nick. The beta is open for registered players in the fall, and the full release is in 2012.

I hope I helped. :)

its the same group of people who have failed to open several other vmk games so far

Proof please, mod. Everything I've seen about this suggests that it's a real group of programmers, they simply have the server closed to the public right now. It's in Alpha, and getting ready to go into closed beta--meaning it is not open to the public.

Proof please, mod. Everything I've seen about this suggests that it's a real group of programmers, they simply have the server closed to the public right now. It's in Alpha, and getting ready to go into closed beta--meaning it is not open to the public.

I've been talking to the developer of this "game", his name is Nick. He's a high school student. The rest of the people involved are the same group that have been bouncing around the two dozen or so "games" that have popped up in the past 3 years. None of them are any older than 21. Most are in junior high or middle school.

Thanks for letting us know, Lori. I was just going to ask if you heard anything about this! :lmao:

I know nothing about the developer(s). However, I do know that they are registered through and being hosted on uzrhosting.com on a shared server. I'm guessing the $0.99 per month plan.

Don't put all your stock into this site. Additionally, the artwork is still owned by Disney and they'll be getting a cease and desist letter soon most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!