~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE rum anyways

I'm more of a vodka girl myself. :rotfl: But Jim loves rum. If you make it over to Abracadabar at the Boardwalk, try the Magic Mirror. Jim liked that one. We really enjoyed Abracadabar even more so than Trader Sam's. Trader Sam's is fun for the atmosphere but the prices are ridiculous even by Disney standards. All the mixed drinks at Abracadabar were $12.50 which is pretty reasonable for Disney.

Allison gave me the idea to make chicken quesadillas...

and HOW did you makes them?? have you seen the Cheese wraps they make now?? I think i shared it on facebook..

were $12.50 which is pretty reasonable for Disney.

this is still ridicules price... The drink better be the size of my head.

giphy.gif

this is still ridicules price... The drink better be the size of my head.

Not quite as big as your head but they were strong. Both Jim and I got a good buzz off of them but then again we are lightweights. And considering that the drinks at Trader Sam's run into the $50-60 range, $12.50 sounds pretty darn good. When Mom and I went to Trader Sam's, I had the cheapest alcoholic drink (not that I was being cheap, it was the only one I thought I would like) and Mom had a non-alcoholic one and our bill was $30 with tip!

Here's the drinks and menu (from January 2018 so it could have changed since then) from Abracadabar.

It's also not a bad price (for Disney) when you compare it to the glass of wine I paid $10 for at Food and Wine. :rotfl2:

Hey D!!! So glad to be back for another PTR! I am going to get one started myself :banana: Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

So glad you and your girls are going back to Disney and happy you're doing a PTR! Love the life updates too. You're making great progress on weight loss and reducing size. Looking forward to following along!

I'm with Mo...want to know how you made the quesadillas!

Um...and now I NEED to go find the Key Lime Rum.

It was very weird the first time I watched my son order an alcoholic drink (and actually dink it...he is now 24)...to make even even weirder, we were home visiting my family in New Orleans and had gone to the drive through daiquiri shop by her house. :flower:

Then this past Christmas, I actually went to a Tiki Bar in NO with him when we were visiting...nothing like going to the French Quarter to drink with your son! :rolleyes1 Funny thing is, we got a variety of food and drinks there (my sister was the DD) and we could not finish any of them they were so strong!

It is just a new phase in life for everyone I have gotten to know here on the boards.

And yeah Mo...no more midgets...good grief those kids have grown up! (here is hoping you are still considering the move to TN!

So I tried the IF yesterday. Did decent...was helpful that I had a dentist appt and did not get to eat anything until 10 when I had my shake. Had a nice salad for lunch and picked up a halfway decent dinner from Cracker Barrel (grilled chicken tenderloins, green beans and carrots)...but was starving by 7 and ate two packs of PB crackers! Oh well, baby steps.

And we definitely have a trip scheduled for this year. I will be going August 30-Sept 9th. It started out just me and Matt (and possible my sister Kim and my son). But it is now me, Matt and my baby sister Connie and her husband Eric. We are booked in a Nemo Suite at AoA. I have already started sketching out plans of places I want to eat (probably not the way to go when I am trying to loose weight, lol:rolleyes1:P) but my sister is a fairly picky eater and my BIL can't due buffets due to immune issues (yes we will be using a ton of Clorox wipes everywhere we go!) So I think we will be trying mostly new restaurants this trip with very few repeats. Not sure if I will do a Pre-Trip Report for this one...may do so when it gets closer to the time.

Lynn

Don't worry D we got this....

Trader Sam's run into the $50-60 range, $12.50 sounds pretty darn good.

I think i just fainted. ONE drink is $50.00 or $60.00??? Is it made out of gold?
goldschlager isn't that expensive!!!

I had the cheapest alcoholic drink (not that I was being cheap, it was the only one I thought I would like) and Mom had a non-alcoholic one and our bill was $30 with tip!

Ok this really isn't that bad.. still crazy..

i want one of each!!!

It's also not a bad price (for Disney) when you compare it to the glass of wine I paid $10 for at Food and Wine. :rotfl2:

What the - is that supposed to be???
your thumb is bigger!!! How do they come up with the prices??

Chicken quesadillas sound yummy -- I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy, and healthy meals. I bought the Whole 30 quick and easy cookbook (I don't think that's it's real name...) and we've made several recipes out of that that we have really liked. I'm still getting over a cold and so nothing but soup sounds good to me right now...nothing tastes right with a cold!

I love wandering Target...but I end up spending too much and I'm really trying hard to not do that. I don't know if I told you or not -- in the last few months I paid off a large medical bill, our last car that had car payments, and another credit card. We're making progress and I'm really happy about it. I noticed that I really don't shop much anymore (other than online...Amazon........) -- I started teaching music lessons again in the evenings and that keeps me from going to the stores at night (I was going because I was bored) and I have a volunteer position that takes much of my day on Saturday, so no time for shopping. :-) That has really helped me make progress on the debt situation.

ONE drink is $50.00 or $60.00???

Well, to be fair, you do get to keep the awesome glasses that come with the drinks there and some of the more expensive drinks are meant for two. But still, the prices are quite crazy there.

OK, I looked back and this was Bunratty Meade Honey Wine from the Ireland booth and it was actually $6 not $10. I did pay $10 for the same sized glass of Icewine from the Canada booth. Icewine is very expensive though so maybe $10 was not too bad? I usually drink pretty cheap wines so I have no real idea. :rotfl2: I also got Pineapple Wine from the Hawaii booth that was $10 but it was in a bigger glass.

Well, to be fair, you do get to keep the awesome glasses that come with the drinks there and some of the more expensive drinks are meant for two. But still, the prices are quite crazy there.

OK.. Maybe i am just getting old... But $60.00 for a drink from a plastic cup typically from china --
in reality should be and i am overestimating about $5.00-- that's one heck of a mark up..
Living in one of the most expensive- city tax hikes- especially the mark up on alcohol- saying that's expensive you KNOW it's expensive!! HA HA HA HA

OK, I looked back and this was Bunratty Meade Honey Wine from the Ireland booth and it was actually $6 not $10. I did pay $10 for the same sized glass of Icewine from the Canada booth. Icewine is very expensive though so maybe $10 was not too bad? I usually drink pretty cheap wines so I have no real idea. :rotfl2: I also got Pineapple Wine from the Hawaii booth that was $10 but it was in a bigger glass.

The Honey one sounds amazing!!!
YES for 10.00 i would expect a regular glass of something!

No time for replies... thanks Mo for the heads up... I’ll be back in the morning to catch up.

For now....

It appears you all are starving????

The chicken quesadilla recipe (don’t think, for even a moment that it’s good for you) :lmao:

So... cube up some chicken breasts and fry them until they are done... when finished, add taco seasoning (I make my own... recipe on Pinterest). Set aside.

Warm up another pan on med heat... butter one side of a tortilla, lay it butter side down...

On half of the tortilla, throw a bunch of Mexican mix cheese on it... then a bunch of chicken... then a bunch more cheese... (you need to work fast here)... fold the tortilla in half and fry each side until the cheese melts, don’t burn it!

Cut with a pizza cutter... top with lettuce, salsa, sour cream... whatever you like.

Enjoy! (Now I am hungry and another 1.5 hours until I break my fast...). ::yes:: :lmao:

D~

OK.. Maybe i am just getting old... But $60.00 for a drink from a plastic cup typically from china --
in reality should be and i am overestimating about $5.00-- that's one heck of a mark up..

Actually, pretty nice ceramic glasses but still, expensive!

3b5f4e94b12d13fa35878dbcc884ef5a.jpg

trader-sams-grog-grotto-krakatoa-punch-shrunken-zombie-head-glassware.jpg

I actually didn't really care for the honey one. I expected it to be sweet but it was quite tart. The Ice Wine was my favorite.

Yay a PTR! I actually saw that you were going on FB the other day and didn't realize you started one here. Following along for sure! It looks like your family is doing amazingly well. I'm sure you are so proud of your girls. :-) I'll have to PM you once I figure out our dates. We are getting the FL resident 4 day pass that we'll have to use by 6/30 so we may be there in June!! Would love to actually meet you in person!

D ~

It is great to see that you have another Disney trip planned. I love reading your reports. I will be back to comment later. I just found you and need to go to work. ;)

Wow - three trips this year - wonderful!

Hi Sue!!!!! Super excited to see you here! How are you??? What's new??? I'd love an update! :lovestruc

Yah - feeling a bit guilty about so many trips... Last year was an incredible year of trips, and it looks like this year will be the same. I really need to take a break after the BIG WDW spring 2020 trip though... ::yes::

I'm more of a vodka girl myself. :rotfl: But Jim loves rum. If you make it over to Abracadabar at the Boardwalk, try the Magic Mirror. Jim liked that one. We really enjoyed Abracadabar even more so than Trader Sam's. Trader Sam's is fun for the atmosphere but the prices are ridiculous even by Disney standards. All the mixed drinks at Abracadabar were $12.50 which is pretty reasonable for Disney.

Hahahaha... I used to be a vodka girl - but then, it seemed, every time I had it, it made me sick. I switched to rum last year - and I am loving it so much... Especially the Blue Chair Bay rum cream... And Rum-Chata... YUM! ::yes::

We will definitely keep that in mind... Poor V, LOL.

and HOW did you makes them?? have you seen the Cheese wraps they make now?? I think i shared it on facebook..

his is still ridicules price... The drink better be the size of my head.

giphy.gif

I think I missed the cheese wraps?

Not quite as big as your head but they were strong. Both Jim and I got a good buzz off of them but then again we are lightweights. And considering that the drinks at Trader Sam's run into the $50-60 range, $12.50 sounds pretty darn good. When Mom and I went to Trader Sam's, I had the cheapest alcoholic drink (not that I was being cheap, it was the only one I thought I would like) and Mom had a non-alcoholic one and our bill was $30 with tip!

Here's the drinks and menu (from January 2018 so it could have changed since then) from Abracadabar.

Jeez!!! I don't think we will be able to afford to drink in WDW - that is true insanity!!! I know Suzi and I had the pinapple drink once at the Poly - it was quite expensive, and I hated it... I am probably the only person in the world who hates that drink? :scratchin But it was August - and HOT - and it just made me so ill. It wasn't pleasant.

Hey D!!! So glad to be back for another PTR! I am going to get one started myself :banana: Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Yay!!!! When are you going??? Are you bringing the little guy???? (and welcome! :lovestruc )

So glad you and your girls are going back to Disney and happy you're doing a PTR! Love the life updates too. You're making great progress on weight loss and reducing size. Looking forward to following along!

Yes, we are pretty excited! It's nice to be back on The Dis... Though it's not as much of a habit to stop by here as it used to be - and I find my mornings are so full... I really have to remind myself to come here. HOpefully it becomes more of a habit again. ::yes::

Super happy to have you here and following along again! :lovestruc

I'm with Mo...want to know how you made the quesadillas!

Um...and now I NEED to go find the Key Lime Rum.

It was very weird the first time I watched my son order an alcoholic drink (and actually dink it...he is now 24)...to make even even weirder, we were home visiting my family in New Orleans and had gone to the drive through daiquiri shop by her house.

Then this past Christmas, I actually went to a Tiki Bar in NO with him when we were visiting...nothing like going to the French Quarter to drink with your son! :rolleyes1 Funny thing is, we got a variety of food and drinks there (my sister was the DD) and we could not finish any of them they were so strong!

It is just a new phase in life for everyone I have gotten to know here on the boards.

And yeah Mo...no more midgets...good grief those kids have grown up! (here is hoping you are still considering the move to TN!

So I tried the IF yesterday. Did decent...was helpful that I had a dentist appt and did not get to eat anything until 10 when I had my shake. Had a nice salad for lunch and picked up a halfway decent dinner from Cracker Barrel (grilled chicken tenderloins, green beans and carrots)...but was starving by 7 and ate two packs of PB crackers! Oh well, baby steps.

And we definitely have a trip scheduled for this year. I will be going August 30-Sept 9th. It started out just me and Matt (and possible my sister Kim and my son). But it is now me, Matt and my baby sister Connie and her husband Eric. We are booked in a Nemo Suite at AoA. I have already started sketching out plans of places I want to eat (probably not the way to go when I am trying to loose weight, lol:rolleyes1:P) but my sister is a fairly picky eater and my BIL can't due buffets due to immune issues (yes we will be using a ton of Clorox wipes everywhere we go!) So I think we will be trying mostly new restaurants this trip with very few repeats. Not sure if I will do a Pre-Trip Report for this one...may do so when it gets closer to the time.

Lynn

I did stop by last night and post the "recipe" above... Which isn't really a recipe - it's more directions than anything. Super delicious though!

It will be very strange to see Allison order her first drink too... I've been teasing her about this day since she was about 4 years old... See, her birthday is April 21... So, not only is it her "golden birthday", but it's her monumentous 21st birthday... Which also happens to fall on EASTER SUNDAY and bars are closed. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: So, she will get an hour to drink on Saturday night... I've already decided for her - that her first ever drink must be ordered with her mother in attendance... And it has to be from our local bar - the one she has been buying candy from her entire life. After that, she can do what she wants. After all, I gave birth to her - it's only fair that I get to choose where she buys her first drink from. :lmao: ::yes::

Oh wow - FQ... LOL That had to have been an experience! ::yes::

And YES - you NEED the Key Lime rum! :woohoo: I LOVE Key Lime ANYTHING - and rum... Oh yah. :lovestruc

I am very happy to hear that your first day of IF went well! That is awesome! I highly recommend reading Delay Don't Deny - your local library may have it??? I happened upon a sale on Amazon after Thanksgiving - I was able to get it for $4... So, keep an eye on Amazon sales if you library doesn't have it. Doing a "clean fast" is probably more important than a longer fasting time - which Gin talks about in the book - and the clean fast makes fasting so much easier, for me anyways. Then there's also the (free) Intermittent Fasting Podcast with Gin and Melanie (though Melanie annoys me greatly) and Gin also does a (new) Podcast called Intermittent Fasting Stories - I really like that one a lot. ::yes:: Just some good resources for you... :lovestruc I find, doing IF is so much easier than counting calories, or macros, or limiting what I can eat, or meal prepping to insanity... I've been "avoiding" grains for so long now - and even though I am still limiting them - it sure is nice to be able to eat anything, if I choose - during my window, of course. :) I can see this lifestyle being very sustainable for me. I sure hope this works well for you!!! Cheering you on!!!

Your trip sounds fantastic!!! If only we overlapped! ::yes:: One day - we will make it back to TN - and hopefully we can meet up then? :lovestruc

Don't worry D we got this....

I figured... ::yes:: :lmao:

I think i just fainted. ONE drink is $50.00 or $60.00??? Is it made out of gold?
goldschlager isn't that expensive!!!

Ok this really isn't that bad.. still crazy..

i want one of each!!!

your thumb is bigger!!! How do they come up with the prices??

I can barely afford to go to WDW... I just don't think I will be able to drink there? Gosh it's so expensive!!! Maybe I'll just pick ONE drink to try??? :lmao:

Chicken quesadillas sound yummy -- I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy, and healthy meals. I bought the Whole 30 quick and easy cookbook (I don't think that's it's real name...) and we've made several recipes out of that that we have really liked. I'm still getting over a cold and so nothing but soup sounds good to me right now...nothing tastes right with a cold!

I love wandering Target...but I end up spending too much and I'm really trying hard to not do that. I don't know if I told you or not -- in the last few months I paid off a large medical bill, our last car that had car payments, and another credit card. We're making progress and I'm really happy about it. I noticed that I really don't shop much anymore (other than online...Amazon........) -- I started teaching music lessons again in the evenings and that keeps me from going to the stores at night (I was going because I was bored) and I have a volunteer position that takes much of my day on Saturday, so no time for shopping. :-) That has really helped me make progress on the debt situation.

They were so yummy - but NOT healthy at all... Definitely NOT an ounce of Paleo, Primal or W30. But they were yummy and easy. ::yes:: And since Allison is a poor, starving, college student (not really - she knows how to get home if she needs to) - it was cheap to make. :)

I hope you're starting to feel better soon, colds are the worst!!! :hug:

Right???? My issue is that darn Dollar Spot - I used to never pay attention to it, as the stuff was never that great... and then they made it great and I spend half my "Target budget" before I even get into the store. :smackshead: And yes - Amazon too - but I find it hard to impulse buy with that... I usually put things into my cart there, and then consider the purchase for a while before I buy.

I am happy to hear that you are back to teaching again... How is your new piano??? Did I ever tell you I took lessons as a child? For several years... I had a love/hate relationship with it. LOL I don't think I was very good - but I could play... I still remember a few of my recital songs - though I am not sure I could sit down an "read music" anymore. It's been about 30 years since I've sat on a piano bench for more than a moment.

(Me, circa 1985ish)
55.jpg

And super proud of you for paying off so much this year!!! That is awesome!!!! Sadly - our debt payoff is going slower than it should, because *someone* keeps taking trips. We continue to make progress though - so that counts for something, right?

The glasses are super cool!!!

Living in one of the most expensive- city tax hikes- especially the mark up on alcohol- saying that's expensive you KNOW it's expensive!! HA HA HA HA

YES for 10.00 i would expect a regular glass of something!

Agreed - that is a HUGE mark up... I am just not sure I could do it??? It would have to be an amazing drink. Are the drinks "guaranteed" like Starbucks... If you don't like it - they'll remake it. :scratchin Then maybe I could be persuaded?

Actually, pretty nice ceramic glasses but still, expensive!

View attachment 374911

View attachment 374912

I actually didn't really care for the honey one. I expected it to be sweet but it was quite tart. The Ice Wine was my favorite.

Yah - these are pretty cool... I don't know what I'd do with them after I get them home though? I don't need another "collection".

I think you meant SHOT of wine.. not glass HAHA :rotfl:

Bahahahahahaha!

Yay a PTR! I actually saw that you were going on FB the other day and didn't realize you started one here. Following along for sure! It looks like your family is doing amazingly well. I'm sure you are so proud of your girls. :-) I'll have to PM you once I figure out our dates. We are getting the FL resident 4 day pass that we'll have to use by 6/30 so we may be there in June!! Would love to actually meet you in person!

Super happy to have you here and following along again! :hug: Yes - I love writing PTRs, I don't think I could ever go without one? LOL

We are doing very well - more busy than I thought we'd be at this stage of life... but still doing well.

Ooooh - YES - please let me know!!! I'd love to finally meet you too!!! :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************************

I had kind of a crazy work schedule this week - so I've been putting in lots of hours upstairs... And it won't be slowing down anytime soon - as "it's that time of year" and time to start taking on some extra projects. I feel like there's never a slow time anymore for me. Even our WDW trip - I didn't know we were taking it, therefore I am not scheduled "off" that week... Which means, I will have to work ahead a bit before we leave. ::yes:: It's gonna be crazy!!!

I did my usual payday grocery shopping day yesterday... Still paying cash for life and sticking closely to our budget. ::yes:: Super important!

Last night, Josh's mom, the girls, Gus and us went out for dinner - that was really a nice treat!!! Just all of us being together - it's quite rare, and it was so nice to catch up! We don't get to see Josh's mom very often, as she lives in Montana. ::yes::

I am planning to work through this weekend, so nothing exciting... I think I am meeting Allison for coffee this morning though??? We briefly mentioned it last night - so I will have to confirm. I am also hoping to do some binge-watching of Netflix at some point??? And maybe a nap??? So, when am I planning to work??? :lmao:

IF has been going extremely well for me... The progress is really fueling me along! These are my "honesty jeans" - while they do have some stretch - they are almost the smallest pair of jeans in my closet (I have one more pair that's smaller - which I've been afraid to try on)... I can wear them now without a "muffin top" and I can cross my legs comfortably. :woohoo:

AF60CB62-5211-411B-B237-DDA26C0ADDAB.jpg

And, for the record - here I am wearing them in WDW last year... So - I am getting there. ::yes:: (Hahahaha... After posting this pic, I realized these aren't the same jeans... But they are the same brand and size. LOL)

IMG_4369.jpg

I was craving this the other day - so this was my lunch... I find - when breaking my fast - I have to do something that's not sweet or overly greasy or Greek Yogurt - while I love all of those things, they just don't work well for me at that time. And I've learned - I can't have Greek Yogurt ever... It's not agreed with me for years - I think it's the whey?

EC0AF52C-4C07-439C-9C7F-517BB8020A4A.jpg

I wanted to give a little snapshot of what I am eating... I should really take pictures of a whole day of food - I haven't done that yet. :scratchin

********************************************************************************************************

Disney:

I've been thinking, these last few days... What themes am I going with for this trip??? It's a *short* trip (4 park days and 1 day off) - so I am just not sure what to do? I know - for sure - I will be wearing Carl and Ellie in AK... And Woody in DHS... But after that - I am a little undecided... Suggestions??? Ideas??? Remember - I am VERY limited for luggage space this trip... And it will likely be HOT - so I am only bringing UPBs and Ears. Also remember, we will likely end up in MK most evenings. And - should I make a Donald UPB???? I have my *famous* Duck Butt Bag (which is mostly retired) and I have my Original Donald UPB (which is definitely retired - due to the Sharpie on his face)... If I make a new bag for this trip - it will be Donald... But I have SO MANY versatile themes - I just can't decide. Talk to me... :lovestruc What would you do??? What would you wear???? Ideally - I'd like to only bring 4 bags total. ::yes:: :scratchin And I LOVE all of these SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

AC6E6EAA-D196-4772-86C5-B1834A956987.jpg

Alrighty... Wishing you all a FABULOUS weekend!!!! (Thank you all for coming back to read my PTRs - it means a lot to me after I just ran off...) :hug: Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I have also been keeping Josh busy with house projects this year... I am certain I posted pictures of our finished deck and guest room? After that, I put him to work on our master bedroom - which was a pretty large (and fun) project to do - this included our master bathroom, master closet and our master bedroom, complete with new furniture and flooring. (We paid cash for the entire project) It was so FUN to be able to do something totally selfish and just for us!
I love how you decorated your bedroom. You have a real flair for it. It looks so put together but also totally you, too. It must make you feel good just to me in there. :)

My favorite part has to be our new closet - it's so organized and bright
I love that it has a window. You are lucky to have the space for a big closet and master bath. :)

So, ever since he brought home that shirt - I have been busting my rear to be able to wear it in Aruba. ::yes:: It would look very odd if I was the only one not wearing that shirt. Anyways - I have been *super* committed to get this extra weight off - and so far, so good.
Nothin g works better for motivation than a trip that involves summer clothes and bathing suits. :) It should be a lot of fun

We were able to get non-stop roundtrip airfare to Amsterdam for $438 - over Lara's birthday week! :eek: How can we not go????
It is more expensive to fly to Denver. That is a really good price. You can't tun that one down, especially when it is a trip that includes Josh.

As a side note... We did book our resort yesterday. As a family on a cash-based budget, we can't really turn down the opportunity to stay at Shades of Green, it is so economical (comparatively) and you can't beat the location. ::yes::
GThat is a great option. You know the resort very well and the bus schedule makes it easy to plan your day.

I am trying not to feel too guilty about all of these trips... Josh is even happy that we are taking this trip - which is almost a first. I think he knows how much it means to me to spend this time with them - it won't be long now and they'll be married with families of their own (potentially) and this won't happen anymore - breaks my heart... but then I'll just start taking grandchildren. LOL
It is great that you have one more girls trip to look forward to. The dynamics change big time when you start adding significant others and grandchildren. Josh is smart enough to know how important these trips are to you. :)

Josh and I have also discovered "binge-watching Netflix series" - over the summer (we started it in Europe) we watched Reign (highly recommend)... and now we are watching Frontier - it's a bit gruesome in spots (I literally have to turn away from the screen - so does Josh), but it's an interesting show... 3 seasons, but only 6
We started watching Netflix this year. We were sick of the commercials on regular networks and Netflix is good way to avoid them. We just finished "Peakey Blinders." It was a good series. We also enjoyed Sabrina. It started off a little slow but the last few episodes were really good. I love Stranger Things. We've also watched the Great British Baking Show. I love all their crazy food.

Hi Sue!!!!! Super excited to see you here! How are you??? What's new??? I'd love an update! :lovestruc

Yah - feeling a bit guilty about so many trips... Last year was an incredible year of trips, and it looks like this year will be the same. I really need to take a break after the BIG WDW spring 2020 trip though... ::yes::

My husband has had some health issues so we had to scale back on our Disney trips. He felt bad enough during our June trip with the two oldest grandsons that he finally went to the doctor. I recently booked this trip in February because we needed something to look forward to, and because we like Disney. :) It is amazing how much a Disney trip has lifted our spirits. It's like Magic.

I am still working full time because I enjoy my job and I am not ready to give it up yet.

You shouldn't feel guilty about your trips. It is the one thing in my life that I am willing to spend money on. Otherwise, I am a tightwad. ;) When our kids look back at their childhoods they talk about all the fun trips we had as a family. And it becomes important to them to give the same thing to their children. We traveled a lot of places besides Disney and I'm grateful that we were able to do it.

It will be very strange to see Allison order her first drink too... I've been teasing her about this day since she was about 4 years old... See, her birthday is April 21..
I can't believe Allison isn't 21 yet. She seems so mature and she really has her act together.

Last edited:
She is in the process of making a full list of "drinks to try in WDW".
Here's some to add if she hasn't already: Schofferhofer Grapefruit Beer in Germany--my DS2 and DS1's Fiance don't care for beer, but they both like this one, and I love this one (they also have it at HS)! Anything that sounds good at Trader Sam's. Not as expensive if you choose not to purchase the container, but still pricey. Margaritas on the rocks at the kiosk near Mexico *on the rocks tends to have more alcohol than the frozen ones. Another food choice for Disney Springs--DS loves Wolfgang Puck Express. We usually get a pizza and a salad and share them!

In the afternoon, I went with V to the college bookstore to get the one book she needed from there (she is getting the rest elsewhere)
DS tries to get most of his books on Amazon rental, but also rents some from his school. We recommend he purchase the ones that look like they will be good reference material for the future.

A drink recipe for those rum lovers: Mix a shot of coconut rum with ginger ale. Sounds like a strange mix, but trust me, it's delicious and smooth! Try it!

I'd recommend your mickey & friends bag(s) for your MK day. Obviously Woody for HS, some Donald choice for Epcot. You have too many wonderful choices I'm sure it's hard to narrow them down!!!

I had kind of a crazy work schedule this week - so I've been putting in lots of hours upstairs..

I can't wait to see what you come up with next! :D

I've been thinking, these last few days... What themes am I going with for this trip???

Ha! I have this same dilemma every single trip! There's no way I can bring all of my bags (I think I have 12 now? Plus the HP one I'm saving for my next Universal trip). I've pretty much retired my first two Pluto bags now that I have the Pluto/Stitch one and of course I won't be bringing my Mickey Vampire or Christmas Pluto but that still leaves 8 to choose from for a 6 day trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!