~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE your outfits! I love the LP colors and patterns, too. I am fortunate enough to have a pretty nice Goodwill where I live and I am always on the lookout for Lilly.

And the duck-butt ears and almost the cutest thing I've ever seen! :lovestruc

The white and pink sandals - let's discuss. :chat: Comfy? What brand are the pink ones? Re your Skechers, those are so cute! I mostly wear FitFlop brand sandals/shoes - only bought on sale :scared: - and have a few pairs of FF slip-ons similar to those. So comfy! My feet stick to the inside sole if I don't wear liners, but with liners they are faboo. FitFlop made a difference in my lower back pain, seriously! For WDW I usually revert to old-school Crocs because they can get wet and it doesn't matter and they're squishy comfortable, but your pink and white sandals got my attention. :magnify:

Re dressing up for HDDR, it's up to you. I work at a state university and have seen enough here to unequivocally say "you do you!" No judgment. It's YOUR birthday (and heck, YOUR life); do what you want. All the time. :thumbsup2

And lastly, I thought about it after I posted and I hope I didn't come across as demanding about you posting here. I really do enjoy hearing about what you may think is your mundane life; for some reason, it's soothing to know the everyday details (within reason!) of another family whose life is so different than mine. OK let's face it yours is better. LOL

I'm glad you softened your stance on your size. I meant to say in my last post, you look great and you should enjoy the size you are RIGHT NOW even if you want to be smaller. When I look back over photos from my younger years, I can see how good I looked, but I never saw it then. I was never happy at the weight I was. Now that I'm 56 those days are gone forever, and I didn't enjoy them while they were here! I'm a sassy 56 but "things" are just not the same as they used to be, because menopause. Please celebrate your hard-earned success!

YOU DID??????? Seriously???? OMG!!!! You just made my week!!!! This makes me so happy... No one has seen him since we left and I was really starting to think he retired. YAY!!!! Thank you so much for letting me know! :hug: :lovestruc
Glad to help put your mind at ease! I'm just glad I happened to see him :)

LOVE all your outfits and new bags, of course!! Your Skechers certainly look comfy!! I bought a new pair with their memory foam in it (not go walks, a different style) but didn't take the time to break them in....and got a lovely blister on both feet during our VIP tour. Oops. Your plan sounds way better!! Break 'em in first :)

D I love all your outfits and bags! i am OBSESSED with the new glitter fabric that you are using!

The outfits are sooo cute! So bright and tropical. I don't even know which is my favorite. I really like the 3D effect with the bow on V's bags. I love your new Sketchers too! I have some Go-walks that have seen better days, but until I find another pair that are just as comfortable, I refuse to throw them out. I am going to be on the hunt for them when we get Stateside. Your trip is coming up so fast! I am wishing for great weather for you all. Hopefully, it won't be too awfully hot, but I think you will be lookin' good in your outfits even if it is, LOL!
I have started separating things out here and there for our move. I've also have to be careful about buying groceries because we don't want to have to throw out a lot of extra stuff. We've been having some weird dinner combinations just to use up our stuff. We will find someone to give our extra stuff to and Jason can take some things with him to the Bachelor's Quarters (like Peanut Butter or dry goods). The hardest thing is carrying our important papers and documents that we might need/ don't trust the moving companies to Not lose- Birth Certificates, Marriage License, jewelry, Car title, not to mention medical records and sealed school records for each girl. It will be easier going back for basic needs because we know we can get anything we need at a Target or Walmart, etc.
Thankfully, we should have wi-fi at our temporary lodging and at the USO where we can hang out, so I can keep up with your adventures at WDW! I'm excited for you all!!

Awwww, those duck butts are so cute they could have me convinced to temporarily leave my Princess obsession! I love your outfit planning - DH asked me the other night why I don't have more Disney clothing, but I get such little wear out of warm weather clothing in Alberta that I end up cheaping out, lol

Hahaha! Thanks, I love outfit planning... I just wasn't feeling the all out Disney theme this trip - I tried, believe me. :)

At home, quite honestly - I don't wear a lot of Disney stuff... I have a few pieces that I wear often, and in the summer - a few (OK, like 100) tees I rotate through. :lmao: But I don't wear them every day.

The LP clothes are adorable. You were lucky to get them at a reasonable price. :)
I love the ears for this set. The Brer Rabbit bag is is really cute. I would love to see you in MK with this outfit.

Are the shorts from Lily Pultizer?

People wear all kinds of things to HDDR, but nothing too fancy. I think we tried to stay with a Western theme when we went their - although it was January and not hot. ;)

Those ears are great. I think you will get a lot of comments about them. :) I like your streamlined duck butt purse.

Victoria's ears and purse are really cute. I can see where you would have a lot of trouble matching fabrics and sequins. But you did a fantastic job with matching them.

Thanks - I just keep looking for the piecies I want. I have a small want list and I work from that.

Thanks - it's a fun set! I just love Brer Rabbit! :)

Yes, what I want to wear is definitely not western... Not necessarily fancy either, but dressed up because it's for my birthday. We'll see - it might just be too hot to wear what we want? ::yes::

Hahaha - I am excited to wear the Donal outfit this time.

Thanks - it was fun trying to get it right, however, it was time consuming - it took months to find everything. ::yes:: In the end, we had to settle for the best we could do, because we were almost out of time. :scratchin Overall, I am happy with it though. ::yes::

Great updates! Your outfits, bags, and ears are all great! I wish I was talented enough to coordinate trip outfits like that. So cute! :)

Thanks! It's so much fun to do!

Yes, I had the plan all nice and outlined...and then we were thrown for a loop. My MIL usually watches our dogs - well this time she was to be here for the kids as well. She's trying to bail on us while we're about 20 days out from the trip. So it may end up being a solo trip for me instead of me and DH :( Oh well, trying to make lemons out of lemonade!! I'll send you a PM with the dates :)

I feel you! I love LP. I have a couple pairs of shorts and some halter-ish style tank tops that I love, and managed to catch the yearly sale once to get some lightweight sweaters. Sadly the sweaters don't hold up well, so maybe bypass any of those if you find some in your shopping!

This print is one of my favorites, but I am DYING over the splash bag!!!! I've always loved your bags, but this one takes the cake for me!!

I think this turned out great!

Yikes!!! That is one big reason that Josh stays home (besides the fact that he doesn't like WDW) - to take care of the boys. Fortunately we've never had to kennel them - but I think we will end up doing so next spring when we do our big family trip - unless my cousin is willing to watch them and the house? We'll see?

Thanks for the tip about the sweaters, I don't have any of those yet. ::yes:: I do love the shorts though - and the tops - well, and the dresses too. Yah... :lmao:

Thanks! It was such a fun bag to make!

Love the outfits! I've looked at them several times trying to pick a favorite. They're all great but I do love the duck butt one! I guess part of it is the navy/white combo. Also love the tropical prints. The splash bag - so cute! Glad you're happy with the Go Walks. I just bought 2 more pairs at a Skechers outlet store. It was buy one get one half off. One is a very light tan with pink trim. That was a departure from my usual gray. Yes, always comfortable right out of the box! Your trip is getting close - so exciting!

Thanks - I am so happy with how the whole Duck Butt theme turned out. ::yes:: I try to keep my outfits very plain if my bags and accessories are lively... And for the first time ever - since my outfits are lively, keeping the bags a little more toned down. We'll see how that works out for me. :scratchin

I really love them a lot! I wore the Go Walks out with Allison all day yesterday - and I am shocked at how comfy they are! Allison says I look like one of her Residents - hahaha - I guess, that's all they wear because they are easy? :scratchin :eek: Sounds like you got a great deal on them! We don't have a Skechers outlet here, that I know of?

We are SO EXCITED!!!! I think I need to go to town today to make my nail appointment. I think I've finally decided what I am going to do. This year was so hard, because I deviated from my normal Disney themes. ::yes::

As always, your bags and outfits are amazing!!! I have been trying to dress a little better when I go to the parks because I realize how horrid I look in the pictures, lol. I'm going to keep that in mind when we go again in June. It is just usually so stinking hot and humid that no matter what I wear, I just end up looking like a hot mess. You all will look amazing and I'm sure will have a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about your big trip next year with the whole family!! I'm sure that will be lots of fun to plan.

Thanks!!! I think that is why I am so obsessive about my outfit planning for our trips... I look back at old photos and I just cringe about how I look and how I was dressed. :eek: Especially after our 2012 trip... So, now I try to coordinate, at least. I wish the girls would coordinate with me - but alas, that will never happen. LOL

I know I am going to look like a hot mess this time - for sure. ::yes::

That one is going to be crazy to plan! :eek: So many logistics will go into it! I think I am going to go with our "tried and true" technique of everyone doing their own thing and just being mostly in the same parks on the same days & meeting up as we can - then doing a few family meals together too. I do know - for sure - I am wanting to do something special with Josh and I... Maybe California Grill or something like that? Something where we can dress up a little and enjoy ourselves. ::yes::

We leave in 13 days and I just pulled suitcases out and its stressing me out lol. Can I just pay you next time to outfit me lol. I'm usually packed and ready to go by now, but I have been working 40-50 hours a week plus I do a home craft business too that's been keeping me jumping.

Your itinerary looks great, we are going for a shorter trip but its jam packed. Our flight arrives Monday AM at 7:40 so I am now debating to take the Magic Express or Uber/Lyft to the hotel so that we can get the most out of our day. We are heading to Epcot and have am fast passes and then just playing it by ear, which we decided to do this trip dining wise besides some PPO breakfasts we don't have any other reservations for meals. My mom decided to join me and my son on our trip and she is super excited bc she has never been there.

Tuesday is our AK day and I am bummed I could not get a FOP FP For anytime that week, so I'm hoping to grab one and we've never done AK at night so fingers crossed we can get one.

Wednesday we are doing Early Morning Magic at Toy Story land and I was so excited to grab tickets for this, my son and mom are huge TS fans so getting to see the new land and ride the rides was a big priority for me this trip.

Thursday is our last day :( I've kicked around trying to bump our flight back friday bc its a morning flight too but I havent' decided yet. We are doing a PPO at BOG and then RD 7DMT, we have fast passes but we are probably going to cut the MK day a little short bc I bought us the MK After Hours Villians Tickets for that night, we may only get an hour or two of rest before we have to be at the airport but I think it will be worth it.

Ok now I need to run home and PACK lol, I love all your outfits and I squealed when I saw you got the Donald Feet Ears bc I thought of you when I seen them and that Purple Potion Purse has stolen my heart.

It's almost trip time!!!!

Hahahahah! I'd love to do that! :woohoo: Looking at your countdown - it looks like we may overlap... You should PM me your dates. ::yes:: And it looks like we may even be in the same park on the same day?

That will be SO FUN to have your mom there with you! :woohoo:

And all of your plans sound fantastic!

I was so excited about those Donald Ears! Like - I immediately put out an SOS call for help in finding them... I had Cindy on the hunt too. LOL

Woohoo!!!! So excited!!!! :lovestruc

LOVE your outfits! I love the LP colors and patterns, too. I am fortunate enough to have a pretty nice Goodwill where I live and I am always on the lookout for Lilly.

And the duck-butt ears and almost the cutest thing I've ever seen! :lovestruc

The white and pink sandals - let's discuss. :chat: Comfy? What brand are the pink ones? Re your Skechers, those are so cute! I mostly wear FitFlop brand sandals/shoes - only bought on sale :scared: - and have a few pairs of FF slip-ons similar to those. So comfy! My feet stick to the inside sole if I don't wear liners, but with liners they are faboo. FitFlop made a difference in my lower back pain, seriously! For WDW I usually revert to old-school Crocs because they can get wet and it doesn't matter and they're squishy comfortable, but your pink and white sandals got my attention. :magnify:

Re dressing up for HDDR, it's up to you. I work at a state university and have seen enough here to unequivocally say "you do you!" No judgment. It's YOUR birthday (and heck, YOUR life); do what you want. All the time. :thumbsup2

And lastly, I thought about it after I posted and I hope I didn't come across as demanding about you posting here. I really do enjoy hearing about what you may think is your mundane life; for some reason, it's soothing to know the everyday details (within reason!) of another family whose life is so different than mine. OK let's face it yours is better. LOL

I'm glad you softened your stance on your size. I meant to say in my last post, you look great and you should enjoy the size you are RIGHT NOW even if you want to be smaller. When I look back over photos from my younger years, I can see how good I looked, but I never saw it then. I was never happy at the weight I was. Now that I'm 56 those days are gone forever, and I didn't enjoy them while they were here! I'm a sassy 56 but "things" are just not the same as they used to be, because menopause. Please celebrate your hard-earned success!

Jealous!!!! I wish I could find Lilly at Goodwill here - LOL... I am convinced that no one in the area knows what LP is yet. Though, every time I wear a Lilly piece, I get so many nice compliments from strangers. ::yes::

The sandals... They are generic EVA footbed sandals. So many places are carrying them this year - CHEAP! The white ones are from Sams' Club (Mia brand and they were $10), the pink ones are from Target (can't remember the brand, and it's worn off the bottom now - they come in several colors - black, white, pink and aqua - these were $12.99, I think? They are hanging on the hangers on the wall and not in the boxes in the stores)... I have one other pair, my first pair - before I knew that I could find the exact same ones cheaper... I have a hot pink pair that are Actual Birkenstocks - they were $39. I really, really love all of these, because they have the supportive foot-bed that I need AND they can get wet and dry very quickly. V has a white pair and Allison just bought a black pair yesterday - Allison has been having foot issues, and I almost forced her to buy them, because she will need something supportive that can get wet in the parks. ::yes::

Hahahah - thanks! Looking at the outfits we are thinking of for HDDR... I guess "dressing up" is a loose term - just not theme park attire... Cotton dresses, comfy dresses is what we were thinking. :scratchin Just because we are doing something so out of the ordinary for us. ::yes::

Hahaha - no I didn't think you were demanding at all. Sometimes I wonder if I just share stupid stuff that no one is interested in. I guess - these days, I like to do the updates because most of you have been reading about the girls' lives for almost 10 years now - and at this point, you know them pretty well... I feel like maybe you all like to see what they are up to? :lovestruc It's sometimes hard to find that fine line about sharing enough and sharing too much. :scratchin

Thanks for saying that... :hug: I fear I will always struggle with my size and how I look. I am much more critical of myself than anyone should be... I've been working hard at just being happy with how I am - but it's a process and it's not easy. ::yes:: I guess - that's why I've started wearing Lilly - because it's kind of a "now or never" type thing... I am getting older and some of it may not be appropriate for an older person? Though I've seen many older than me rockin' it beautifully... :scratchin It's made a huge difference in my self-esteem though, and that's sad to admit - how a line of clothing could make someone feel better about themselves... It just fits so nicely and the colors make me happy. ::yes::

Loved chatting with you this morning. :lovestruc

Glad to help put your mind at ease! I'm just glad I happened to see him :)

LOVE all your outfits and new bags, of course!! Your Skechers certainly look comfy!! I bought a new pair with their memory foam in it (not go walks, a different style) but didn't take the time to break them in....and got a lovely blister on both feet during our VIP tour. Oops. Your plan sounds way better!! Break 'em in first :)

Me too!!! Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks! I am so excited to wear everything soon!

Oh no about the blister!!! There is nothing worse than "sad feet" at WDW - but it seems, no matter what I do, I have sad feet in WDW. LOL I rotate shoes often - even if it's just wearing a different pair of shoes while I am walking around the resort in the afternoon - it helps to put something else on my feet for a while. ::yes::

D I love all your outfits and bags! i am OBSESSED with the new glitter fabric that you are using!

Thanks! Me too - I love it so much! Sadly, it renders my bags "spot clean, and hand wash only" - so that part is a bummer. Trust me though - they are well Scotchgarded! LOL

Great updates! Crazy to think that your trip will be here so soon!

Thanks! Yes it is crazy! It seemed like it was taking forever to get here, and now all of a sudden, time in speeding by! ::yes::

The outfits are sooo cute! So bright and tropical. I don't even know which is my favorite. I really like the 3D effect with the bow on V's bags. I love your new Sketchers too! I have some Go-walks that have seen better days, but until I find another pair that are just as comfortable, I refuse to throw them out. I am going to be on the hunt for them when we get Stateside. Your trip is coming up so fast! I am wishing for great weather for you all. Hopefully, it won't be too awfully hot, but I think you will be lookin' good in your outfits even if it is, LOL!
I have started separating things out here and there for our move. I've also have to be careful about buying groceries because we don't want to have to throw out a lot of extra stuff. We've been having some weird dinner combinations just to use up our stuff. We will find someone to give our extra stuff to and Jason can take some things with him to the Bachelor's Quarters (like Peanut Butter or dry goods). The hardest thing is carrying our important papers and documents that we might need/ don't trust the moving companies to Not lose- Birth Certificates, Marriage License, jewelry, Car title, not to mention medical records and sealed school records for each girl. It will be easier going back for basic needs because we know we can get anything we need at a Target or Walmart, etc.
Thankfully, we should have wi-fi at our temporary lodging and at the USO where we can hang out, so I can keep up with your adventures at WDW! I'm excited for you all!!

Thanks! That's what I love about them! They are just so HAPPY! LOL

Thanks! V came up with that all on her own... I totally copied her. LOL

Good luck finding some Go Walks - they have some cute ones out this season. They have a pair just like mine in pink and black... I am debating on getting the pink ones after we get back - they would go with so much!

Thanks! We are hoping it won't be too hot too - but we know better. LOL Even better though - is if we could have yesterday's MK wait times throughout our trip. :woohoo: LOL

I totally understand that! I wouldn't trust anyone with those types of documents either! :eek:

Check in with me now and then, if you would please, during your transition. :lovestruc Even if it's just by PM. :hug: Wishing you the absolute best and safe travels!!! :hug:

*************************************************************************************************************

Wow! I actually got here on a weekday morning - you all should be so impressed! :woohoo:

Still not much exciting going on that's trip related...

Allison and I went out yesterday morning - she had to pick up her new glasses, and while we were at the mall, she got a pair of the Birkenstock EVA foot-bed sandals for our trip. I am so relieved that she did, as she has been having some foot pain recently, and I knew she would be miserable if she didn't have the option of some better footwear. ::yes::

My lenses came in for my sunglasses yesterday - about an hour after we left (figures) - so I'll have to make my way back to the eye doctor some time this week to get my new lenses put in my old frames. ::yes:: I am a little nervous that I won't like them, as the lenses are a totally different color than what I have in there now. :scratchin

Working on laundry and packing still... I am waiting on one more item to arrive, and then I will pull out my luggage and start packing in earnest. ::yes::

I am also working on work... I am attempting to work ahead, so I can take a full 2 weeks off of work. :scratchin ::yes:: I am working on the last order now to make that possible and I am hoping to finish it by the end of the week... So, in between all of this other stuff - I am working too. As usual.

I have to run to town - I think I may do it today??? To make my nail appointment... I've decided (finally) what I am doing, and it's not a Disney theme. Surprised? I know I am. ::yes::

Oh - V had her hair colored by my stylist yesterday... . OMG - it turned out SO CUTE!!!! She went really blond last year... then at the end of the year, she went BROWN :eek: - like, this girl is naturally blond - so it was very strange and out of character for her to have brown hair... So, at my last appointment - my stylist threw 10 blond foils into V's hair - and V was hooked! And this Momma was relieved. V is now back to her natural color with some very cute highlights and lowlights. ::yes:: I really love it! Sadly - it's almost exactly what I was planning to do to my hair this time - so we may look a lot alike for our trip. :lmao:

I think that's it for today... Josh just went up to get ready for work - so I need to go make his lunch.

Have a fantastic day everyone! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I am so happy to be here & finally caught up. When I left off, you were putting away your Christmas decorations so it was ages ago. I wasn’t able to get on the Dis much during gas season & I'm just starting to catch up now.

I was so happy to read all of your updates about the girls, your Aruba trip & everything in between. You look great! I had a rough tax season & let myself stress eat my way thru it. I’m just starting to get back into healthy habits. It’s crazy how difficult it can be to get back into it. It’s just starting to get easier.

I love all the Disney outfits. The LP shorts are gorgeous. You really made out by finding them at a great discount. I have a pair of skecher go walks that I wore on out first family trip 3 years ago & every trip since. They are great. I need a new pair but haven’t found the same one at a good price. I do love your white sandals. Are they comfy? I wear my Skechers or yellow box flip flops on trips. I’ve been looking at fit flops but haven’t found any I like at a decent (aka cheap) price.

Re HDDR I think you can wear whatever you want. I’ve never been to HDDR but it looks like fun.

I forgot the 100 other things I wanted to comment on.

I am so happy to be here & finally caught up. When I left off, you were putting away your Christmas decorations so it was ages ago. I wasn’t able to get on the Dis much during gas season & I'm just starting to catch up now.

I was so happy to read all of your updates about the girls, your Aruba trip & everything in between. You look great! I had a rough tax season & let myself stress eat my way thru it. I’m just starting to get back into healthy habits. It’s crazy how difficult it can be to get back into it. It’s just starting to get easier.

I love all the Disney outfits. The LP shorts are gorgeous. You really made out by finding them at a great discount. I have a pair of skecher go walks that I wore on out first family trip 3 years ago & every trip since. They are great. I need a new pair but haven’t found the same one at a good price. I do love your white sandals. Are they comfy? I wear my Skechers or yellow box flip flops on trips. I’ve been looking at fit flops but haven’t found any I like at a decent (aka cheap) price.

Re HDDR I think you can wear whatever you want. I’ve never been to HDDR but it looks like fun.

I forgot the 100 other things I wanted to comment on.

Me too! LOL There wasn't much to get caught up on - as I have been terrible about updating this PTR - so hopefully it wasn't too bad to get caught up. I guess there's an upside to me not being here much? LOL

It sounds like you had a rough spring - I agree - it's very difficult to get back to eating well after even a short break. Sending hugs!

Thank you! I've had fun hunting them down! It didn't help though that I thought I was a size smaller than what I was - so there's been a few items I had to hunt down in 2 sizes... I still have 2 more pairs of shorts I'd like to find, and then I'll sell the smaller ones. ::yes::

I am so loving the Go Walks - like seriously loving them!!! It sounds like I should maybe buy another pair when I get home, or I may not be able to find ones I like for a while?

Thanks! I've decided to post a small sneak peek of my birthday outfit here - just to make sure I am not being overly out of place (kind of a fear of mine)

Hahahaha - happens to me all the time! ::yes::

Thanks for stopping by - it's great to see you again! :hug:

**************************************************************************************************************

TWO week day mornings in a row!!!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! :lmao:

So much trip stuff is going on - seriously!!!! We are closing in on our single digit dance and I have so much to do yet!

First off - work... I am almost totally done with work stuff until after vacation! :woohoo: When the girls and I decided to do this trip - I had already finalized my schedule for the time encompassing this trip - and I had two VERY COMPLICATED orders during this time... Thankfully - I was able to move the one order up in my schedule... and the other person was willing to go a little later. Well - I was able to work my hiney off and it looks like I will finish the order of the 2nd person before we leave! :woohoo: This is a huge relief to me - as most of you know, my schedule is written in stone in my mind and I cannot stand being late - and I always do everything in my power to be on time or early (I am like that with many things in my life - I am HUGE about promptness). Anyways! This will make my vacation so much better - as I won't be stressing about what I have to get done when I get home. ::yes::

Then - last week... Sometimes I get inspired about certain work projects.... Like to the point - where I CANNOT do anything else until I do this one thing. I know, I am weird. Well - for some reason, I had this huge inspiration to draft a "Fanny Pack" pattern and make a fanny pack for the trip. There's a few things I'd change about it - but overall, I am happy with how it turned out. At this point though - I am still not sure if I am going to wear it on the trip? :scratchin HOWEVER... Allison - yes MY ALLISON - saw it and fell absolutely in love!!! Can you believe it???? For the first time since our 2014 trip, she has requested a bag made by her Momma... Nothing like last minute - right? LOL So, once I finish the above order, I will be whipping out a fanny pack for her. :lovestruc

20190520_112732.jpg

I went to town ,and I was able to make my nail appointment - so that's all ready to go. I got the exact date and time I wanted. ::yes:: Then yesterday, V went to town and while she was there, she stopped in to make her nail appointment - which she happened to grab the time slot before me... So, we might get to do our nails together? :woohoo: With the girls' schedules these days - I thought we were all on our own. ::yes:: I have no idea when Allison is getting her's done though. :scratchin

And then, last week - I FINALLY found the last pair of shorts I'd been searching for, for the trip. :woohoo: I had almost given up that someone would sell them in time. Well, they arrived yesterday - and I love them so much! :lovestruc I am planning to wear them in Epcot for Flower and Garden. ::yes:: I am having a hard time deciding which shirt to wear though... The consensus on FB is the yellow... However - I LOVE the pink - like, LOVE the pink so much! So, I guess I am bringing both with me, and I will see how sunburned I am at that point and whether I need to cover my shoulders or not? :scratchin

20190522_131329.jpg

20190522_130651.jpg

And finally - I've decided to sneak peek my birthday outfit here. (yes, it is the same print as the above shorts)... I found the most amazing DEAL on this romper, and after I purchased it - I kinda had second thoughts... I've never had a romper in my adult life, and I just thought maybe I wouldn't like it or it wouldn't look good on me. However, once it arrived - and I tried it on - I was in LOVE! I loved the print, I loved the fit, I loved that it was very flattering on me... And hello - it's shorts, but it looks like a dress! I was hooked! So, this is what I want to wear to HDDR... (and don't worry, the girls will be with me all day - just in case I need help with the zipper :eek: )

20190503_140236.jpg

So, that's it! Trip wise anyways. ::yes::

I have a busy work day ahead of me... I am hoping to run to town to have my new lenses put into my sunglasses at some point today. I am also hoping it will be sunny enough out that I can lay out in the sun for a little while - as I haven't been able to for the last 2 days. ::yes:: And then tonight, Josh and I are going out for dinner - and to see a show... I don't want to say where/what the show is at the moment, but I'll be happy to tell you about it tomorrow. :)

Have a fantastic day everyone! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Love the fanny pack! I think you could have a whole new line there. If you're still taking votes, I vote pink! The romper is perfect - so cute! You'll get a lot of wear out of it this summer. Dressy and summer-y too. I have a few skorts that I like and they're really comfortable. I've had to shop around to find ones that aren't too short - I like them to come just above the knee. One I bought in a larger size so it would hang a little lower. Your trip is so close! :banana:

I vote for the pink top, too! I have to say, V is looking SO MUCH like you these days. And I had to chuckle, because it seems that she is dressing like you, too! Your girls are GORGEOUS!!!

Me too! LOL There wasn't much to get caught up on - as I have been terrible about updating this PTR - so hopefully it wasn't too bad to get caught up. I guess there's an upside to me not being here much? LOL

It sounds like you had a rough spring - I agree - it's very difficult to get back to eating well after even a short break. Sending hugs!

Thank you! I've had fun hunting them down! It didn't help though that I thought I was a size smaller than what I was - so there's been a few items I had to hunt down in 2 sizes... I still have 2 more pairs of shorts I'd like to find, and then I'll sell the smaller ones. ::yes::

I am so loving the Go Walks - like seriously loving them!!! It sounds like I should maybe buy another pair when I get home, or I may not be able to find ones I like for a while?

Thanks! I've decided to post a small sneak peek of my birthday outfit here - just to make sure I am not being overly out of place (kind of a fear of mine)

Yeah it really didn't take me long to catch up so I'm glad you didn't have a ton of updates.

Yes if you really love the Go Walks you have now and they are a good price, I'd get another pair. They change the Go walks and some people like older version better than the new so they can be hard to find.

HOWEVER... Allison - yes MY ALLISON - saw it and fell absolutely in love!!! Can you believe it???? For the first time since our 2014 trip, she has requested a bag made by her Momma...

I never thought I would hear myself say this but I LOVE that fanny pack. LOVE IT! And how sweet that Allison wants you take make her one.

And then, last week - I FINALLY found the last pair of shorts I'd been searching for, for the trip. :woohoo: I had almost given up that someone would sell them in time. Well, they arrived yesterday - and I love them so much! :lovestruc I am planning to wear them in Epcot for Flower and Garden. ::yes:: I am having a hard time deciding which shirt to wear though... The consensus on FB is the yellow... However - I LOVE the pink - like, LOVE the pink so much! So, I guess I am bringing both with me, and I will see how sunburned I am at that point and whether I need to cover my shoulders or not?

I like the pink better. Yellow looks nice but I prefer the pink.

That's so cute! Wear it to HDDR.

Love the fanny pack! I think you could have a whole new line there. If you're still taking votes, I vote pink! The romper is perfect - so cute! You'll get a lot of wear out of it this summer. Dressy and summer-y too. I have a few skorts that I like and they're really comfortable. I've had to shop around to find ones that aren't too short - I like them to come just above the knee. One I bought in a larger size so it would hang a little lower. Your trip is so close! :banana:

Thanks! I just made one for Allison, and I made a few small modifications - I am getting there. I think, with the next one, I may have it?

Just wait until you hear what I did to my new shorts. :cry: I am glad you like the pink though - it was my favorite too!

I really love the romper! I've wanted to wear it for Mother's Day... I wanted to wear it when Josh and I went to see Steve Martin & Martin Short the other night... Ahhhh - but I've had to restrain myself. I am *saving* it for my birthday - I must resist. LOL

I also have a few skorts... They feel fine for length when I am walking around - but I feel like they are short when I am sitting. I love the look of them though - and the fact that they are skorts... I am too unladylike to wear skirts. ::yes::

We are SO EXCITED!!!! :woohoo:

Love the dress/shorts. Can't wait to see it from the front.

Hehehehe! Thanks! I thought I'd keep a small element of surprise with only showing the side. :)

Romper - so cute! And if votes count, put me down for pink as well - my mother never let me dress in pink as a child, so I've been trying to make up for it for decades!

Thanks! I loved the pink with those shorts too! Just wait until you hear what I did to them. :cry:

I've been LOVING pink so much lately! Like, it's weird... For years and years - I was very black, gray and red... and now lately it's "Give me ALL THE PINK" and the brighter, the better. :lmao:

I vote for the pink top, too! I have to say, V is looking SO MUCH like you these days. And I had to chuckle, because it seems that she is dressing like you, too! Your girls are GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks! I loved the pink with those shorts... Those poor shorts. :cry: Just wait until you hear what I did to them. :(

She is - I agree! But I don't DARE tell her that. LOL Um - she is dressing like me, because half of her wardrobe is stolen from my closet - thank you very much. LMAO Kids... :rolleyes:

Thank you - so are your girls! And SO GROWN UP!!!! What happened to our children??? Seriously... Sigh.

Yeah it really didn't take me long to catch up so I'm glad you didn't have a ton of updates.

Yes if you really love the Go Walks you have now and they are a good price, I'd get another pair. They change the Go walks and some people like older version better than the new so they can be hard to find.

I never thought I would hear myself say this but I LOVE that fanny pack. LOVE IT! And how sweet that Allison wants you take make her one.

I like the pink better. Yellow looks nice but I prefer the pink.

That's so cute! Wear it to HDDR.

See, there are benefits to me not being around much. LOL ::yes::

OK - after we get back from WDW, getting the pink pair of Go Walks will be a priority. THanks for the tip. ::yes::

Thanks! I am liking it more and more with each refinement of the pattern. ::yes:: I think, one more go at it, and I'll have the pattern where I am satisfied with it. :)

Thanks - I loved the pink with them too... Sadly - I had a mishap with the shorts. :( I'll tell you all about it below.

As long as it's not too hot - I will be wearing this to HDDR! Thanks! :lovestruc

Thanks! I loved the pink too!

**************************************************************************************************************

OK - so first things first...

Allison's requested Fanny Pack... Thinking of naming this one the Essential Fanny Pack (EFP)? Just enough to carry the essentials... Phone, small wallet, maaaaaybe a pair of sunglasses, lip goo... Not much more than that though.

She wanted a coral color with gold stitching, and gold Mickey head and my very last gold zipper... Sorry for the terrible ironing board photo - that's the best I have right now - this photo makes the color appear very dark - it's a little lighter IRL. Overall though - I am very happy with it, and so is she! :lovestruc

20190524_130158.jpg

And now, for the sad news.... My poor, POOR shorts. I just wanna cry - and I almost have over the last 2 days.

So, on Thursday, I washed my new (to me) shorts... By themselves, inside out, cold wash, delicate, laid flat to dry. After they dried, I was carrying them to the guest room to put with my packing stuff - and I noticed the color was off... The more I looked at them, the more I thought the color looked bad. Yup... At first I thought the pink bled... but the more I look at them now, I am almost certain I lost all of the green. Or maybe both? Whatever the case - the BRIGHT NEON yellow/green color is now a dirty ugly faded yellow... and the light aqua is now a dusty dirty cornflower blue color and the purple is super faded. :( I am SO SAD. Like, these were my favorite shorts for the trip. :cry: Don't get me wrong - the shorts are still sorta cute - but not as cute as they were... and the aqua that was, no longer matches with my bag for the trip... And I am VERY OCD about matching my bags - so this is totally unacceptable. Since I purchased these "used" (which I now suspect they were probably NWOT), I can't return them and I have VERY LITTLE HOPE of finding them again before my trip - as they are from a few years ago. I am thankful I got a good deal on them - but I am super bummed. I do have another pair coming... Same print, different style... Not sure if they will work for me, or not? I know that I will NEVER wash them. LOL

Here's pics... With my romper, because my romper is exactly the same pattern and previously - they were the exact same colors. :( It's so obvious in this pic.

20190523_150543.jpg

And the icky yucky yellow... Sigh.

20190523_150006.jpg

And just so we can cry together... What they looked like before...

20190522_131304.jpg

So, that's all. I did try some laundry tricks for removing bleeding colors, but there was no change. I thought there might be some hope because I never dried them. But a person really can't remove what isn't there - ya know? Which leads me to believe that I lost the green, and not bled the pink? :whatever:

Anyways - it's just a pair of shorts...

But now I will have to find something else cute for Epcot, and QUICKLY. :scratchin

*************************************************************************************************************

Today, I am meeting Allison for coffee this morning.

Then - we are supposed to have FULL SUN all day today and tomorrow - so top priority is to catch up on my Vitamin D and get some sun. This will be my full time job - OK maybe part time? LOL Whatever, it's a priority right now. I am hoping not to burn much in Florida... My girls, OTOH - are very white, they may have issues? :(

Not sure what the rest of our weekend entails? Probably working on the lawnmower, as it decided to not start this spring. Sigh. Our lawn is getting pretty unruly.

Have a great holiday weekend all! Prayers and pixie dust to you! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I am soooooo sorry about your shorts, that is really disappointing. Like the PP said, they are still cute and you are probably the only one that will know.

Sadness D~ :sad1: ...but you would probably be the only one who knows. They still look cute!
I am soooooo sorry about your shorts, that is really disappointing. Like the PP said, they are still cute and you are probably the only one that will know.
Drat, that is sad shorts news to be sure. I know you didn't purchase the shorts retail, but is there a chance that if you took them into the store that they would stand behind the longevity of their product and somehow help you out?

Thanks everyone! I honestly don't think they will? They have a pretty strict return policy - and this is definitely years beyond that. It's a bummer to be sure, I may inquire about them when I am in Disney Springs (as we don't have any stores within 6+ hours of me) - but I will see how it goes.

Nothing else is really exciting... I purchased a 2nd portable charger yesterday from Eddie Bauer... I had bought one from them a few years ago - it's a pretty high capacity charger, which can charge 2 devices at once, and it's pretty small. So, I grabbed a 2nd one to pack for this trip - then I can have one charging at the resort while I carry one with me. ::yes::

I did successfully get 2 full days worth of sun - and now it looks like I am out of luck for the next few days - as we have rain in our forecast. I might get to lay out again on Wednesday? We'll see how it goes. :scratchin

Everyone is off of work today, so we are planning to go visit Dad. That's really all I have on my agenda for today. I don't think we will be grilling because of the rain? I may try to do a little more packing though? We'll see - I am mostly ready, I just need to throw in what I am still wearing and using - which means more laundry. :)

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Enjoy your day and I hope your weather is better than ours. Prayers and pixie dust to all - safe travels if you are traveling. :hug:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter