Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

The team is less than an hour away (51 minutes to be precise) from turning StellaLou Purple!

We've arrived at the Hotel MiraCosta!

This hotel--themed to Italy--opened in 2001, along with Tokyo DisneySea. Apparently it is the only hotel in the world that is placed entirely inside a theme park. It features three areas: Tuscany, facing the park entrance; Venice, facing the Venetian gondolas attraction in the park; and Porto Paradiso, facing the harbor and Mt. Prometheus in the center of the park.

Here's a video showing a Porto Paradiso harbor-view room. And here's a review of the hotel from Disney Tourist Blog. I thought that the layout of the rooms seemed a lot like the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. But the view was something else!

That view is incredible! Even just seeing it on the video, I felt immersed in that world. Bucket list must-do, for sure!

We've arrived at the Hotel MiraCosta!

This hotel--themed to Italy--opened in 2001, along with Tokyo DisneySea. Apparently it is the only hotel in the world that is placed entirely inside a theme park. It features three areas: Tuscany, facing the park entrance; Venice, facing the Venetian gondolas attraction in the park; and Porto Paradiso, facing the harbor and Mt. Prometheus in the center of the park.

Here's a video showing a Porto Paradiso harbor-view room. And here's a review of the hotel from Disney Tourist Blog. I thought that the layout of the rooms seemed a lot like the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. But the view was something else!

So gorgeous!

@MikeNamez, congratulations!

@BonnieF, I'm jealous!

35 minutes since my last post, for 305/500.

Lots of :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Congratulations to BonnieF for turning 'Olu Blue (and *this* close to Cookie Orange), to MikeNamez for turning StellaLou Purple (and reaching goal), and to Twilight Sparkle for becoming the first team member to reach Gelatoni Pink!

Gelatoni, who was introduced in 2014, is a gray-green cat with a blue beret who lives in Mediterranean Harbor. He an artist, painting with gelato (sometimes with his tail). Here's an article about Gelatoni.

Greeting from WDW!!!
. . .

Sophy1996, your trip to Tokyo sounds so exciting!

Hope you're having an excellent trip!

This trip to Tokyo has been in the works for a long time, but I've only dug into planning in the last couple of months. We're really getting excited.

Had a great day touring the Flower and Garden show! It's so wonderful to see beautiful blooms at this time of year. The weather wasn't marvelous, cloudy and drizzling off and on. But I'll take it over the awful heat we had in September! The food booths are very good, too. We enjoyed fried green tomatoes topped with crab and fennel (I would absolutely order that in a restaurant!), potato pancakes with applesauce, and zeppoles topped with chocolate hazelnut drizzle. All totally delicious. We finished the night in Cava de Tequila - first time we ever got a table. Horchata margaritas are yummy! My daughter had one that had ants, yes ants! in the salt. Weird but strangely good. Lol! We got one to go so we enjoyed it as we watched Illumunations.
I'm using my Fitbit to keep track of my steps. Since it measures steps, miles and 'active' minutes, I'm going to use a 12 minute mile for my updates So 7 mile yesterday for 84 minutes. So I've broken into Cookie orange :cool1:.(329/1000)

Congratulations to @MikeNamez!! You rock!!!

Last edited:

Congratulations to BonnieF for breaking into Cookie Orange (not to mention for finding such delicious treats at WDW)! And piglet1979 is *this* close to turning StellaLou Purple!

:welcome: to Tokyo DisneySea, considered by many to be the best Disney park in the world. Tokyo Disneyland seemed a bit familiar, since it's similar to the U.S. parks. But DisneySea is very different, so let's get oriented.

Here's a map of DisneySea. There are seven areas, or ports. The Mediterranean Harbor area is what the hotel is part of. Going around clockwise from the hotel looking into the park, to our left is the American Waterfront (home to Duffy & his friends) at around 9 o'clock, and behind that is Port Discovery at about 10 o'clock. Continuing around, the back of the park (noon or 1-ish) is the Lost River Delta, then Mermaid Lagoon, the Arabian Coast at around 3 o'clock, and then Mysterious Island in the center (with Mt. Prometheus). Don't these all sound interesting?

Wikipedia seems to have a good summary of the various ports and their theming. And here's a brief video overview.

Had a great day touring the Flower and Garden show! It's so wonderful to see beautiful blooms at this time of year. The weather wasn't marvelous, cloudy and drizzling off and on. But I'll take it over the awful heat we had in September! The food booths are very good, too. We enjoyed fried green tomatoes topped with crab and fennel (I would absolutely order that in a restaurant!), potato pancakes with applesauce, and zeppoles topped with chocolate hazelnut drizzle. All totally delicious. We finished the night in Cava de Tequila - first time we ever got a table. Horchata margaritas are yummy! My daughter had one that had ants, yes ants! in the salt. Weird but strangely good. Lol! We got one to go so we enjoyed it as we watched Illumunations.

Thanks so much for the mini trip report, particularly the food booth descriptions. Except maybe the ants. I hope they were supposed to be there. :D

I'm late to the party! Trying to seriously lose all the weight that I gained from depression before my August trip! My original plan is for 30 minutes of exercise per day, but since there are only 11 days of March left, I'm going to set my goal at 350. And then we'll do it properly next month. Hopefully by then, my stamina would have built up enough to go for a bigger goal!

And now, I'm off to start working towards that goal! :ccat:

ETA:

40 / 350

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the mini trip report, particularly the food booth descriptions. Except maybe the ants. I hope they were supposed to be there. :D
Yes!! They were in the salt on the rim. I can’t really describe the taste - I mean, have we ever thought, gee what do ants taste like??!! But it was like spicy salt. We’re probably going to go back to try the drink with the grasshoppers in the salt Lol!!!
Yesterday was a little slower paced. We took the boat to Disney Springs for a wonderful lunch at Maria and Enzo. Used that DVC 40% discount!! But it was so delicious I wouldn’t mind paying full price! A lovely Caesar salad and rigatoni with tomato, zucchini and eggplant. Just yummy!! And got in some veggies, too!
After a little shopping and a quick rest, we headed to Magic Kingdom intending to stay for EMH. BUT 58,000 like minded people changed our minds! I mean, there was a triple layer line to get in to Casey’s!!! So lobster rolls at Columbia House, used online ordering because the line there was 20 minutes long. It was great!! Had the food in 3 minutes!
Happily Ever After was wonderful. I love it more each time I see it.
We did stay for Once Upon a Castle. It was wonderful!!! I’ll try to upload my video of part of it.
A long day!! 6 miles =72 minutes. That actually seems short. Hmmmm.
413/1000.
HS and Epcot today.

55 minute walk

1500/1860

I'm late to the party! Trying to seriously lose all the weight that I gained from depression before my August trip! My original plan is for 30 minutes of exercise per day, but since there are only 11 days of March left, I'm going to set my goal at 350. And then we'll do it properly next month. Hopefully by then, my stamina would have built up enough to go for a bigger goal!

And now, I'm off to start working towards that goal! :ccat:

ETA:

40 / 350

Welcome!

Congratulations to BonnieF for breaking into Cookie Orange (not to mention for finding such delicious treats at WDW)! And piglet1979 is *this* close to turning StellaLou Purple!

:welcome: to Tokyo DisneySea, considered by many to be the best Disney park in the world. Tokyo Disneyland seemed a bit familiar, since it's similar to the U.S. parks. But DisneySea is very different, so let's get oriented.

Here's a map of DisneySea. There are seven areas, or ports. The Mediterranean Harbor area is what the hotel is part of. Going around clockwise from the hotel looking into the park, to our left is the American Waterfront (home to Duffy & his friends) at around 9 o'clock, and behind that is Port Discovery at about 10 o'clock. Continuing around, the back of the park (noon or 1-ish) is the Lost River Delta, then Mermaid Lagoon, the Arabian Coast at around 3 o'clock, and then Mysterious Island in the center (with Mt. Prometheus). Don't these all sound interesting?

Wikipedia seems to have a good summary of the various ports and their theming. And here's a brief video overview.

DisneySea looks incredible! You'll have to let us know if it ends up being your favorite Disney park. In my next life I want to be a Disney Imagineer!

:welcome: to our new team member, Minkishly, who jumps right to 'Olu Blue. And congratulations to piglet1979, who achieves StellaLou Purple!

DisneySea is home to some of the most popular attractions in TDR. I've been monitoring wait times at TDR, and the lines at many attractions in DisneySea consistently seem to run 100 minutes or more by the middle of the day, when waits are half that at Disneyland.

Toy Story Mania! is probably THE most popular ride at TDR. Its queuing area is more elaborate, but it's the same ride as the U.S. parks. Here's a video showing the FP line first thing in the morning -- that's the FP line, not even the actual ride!

Other popular DisneySea attractions include the Tower of Terror (themed to explorer Harrison Hightower III, who, not coincidentally, looks just like Imagineer Joe Rohde); Nemo & Friends Sea Rider; Indiana Jones Adventure (themed to the Crystal Skull); Raging Spirits coaster; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea; and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Some rides seem unique to DisneySea, like Aquatopia (trackless, twirling steampunk boats). But the ride that visitors seem to initially overlook, but then fall in love with, is Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. It's one of the longest rides in the park, but rarely has a wait above 5-10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!