Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to me for turning StellaLou Purple!

Time to wrap up a very full visit to Tokyo Disneyland. Right now, there are not one, but two nighttime events to catch before we return to the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland is a nighttime spectacular that debuted in July 2018. It is touted as having "dynamic visuals and memorable music."

In between the two showings of Celebrate!, there is a fireworks show called Brand New Dream that is part of the 35th anniversary celebration.

Tomorrow we're off to the Hotel MiraCosta and Tokyo DisneySea!

OK, so we enjoyed our last night at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, then packed our bags. Now we're heading to the Hotel MiraCosta for the second half of our TDR stay. One great perk is that TDR staff will deliver our bags to the new hotel for us later today, so we can just jump on the monorail.

Another perk of our hotel stays is that we have a Disney Monorail pass (unlike Florida, the monorail here isn't free). The monorail, which opened in 2001, is a 5 km loop with 4 stations: Resort Gateway, Disneyland Hotel, Bayside (near the official "Good Neighbor" type hotels) and DisneySea. It takes about 13 minutes to do the whole loop.

The monorail cars are crazy cute, with Mickey-head shaped windows and grab handles. And apparently it's not uncommon for TDR to decorate the cars with characters--and not only on the outside. Here's an article about a 2016 decoration scheme featuring Duffy & friends that was so popular the resort kept it around for a least a month longer than planned.

And here's a video of the monorail ride all around the loop.

That's a really nice monorail! And the Duffy decor was too cute. I hope they have something special while you're there, @sophy1996 .

I love the music for the Brand New Dream show, especially Bella Notte and the song from Moana. I plan to watch Celebrate tonight, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing these!

The team is less than an hour away (51 minutes to be precise) from turning StellaLou Purple!

We've arrived at the Hotel MiraCosta!

This hotel--themed to Italy--opened in 2001, along with Tokyo DisneySea. Apparently it is the only hotel in the world that is placed entirely inside a theme park. It features three areas: Tuscany, facing the park entrance; Venice, facing the Venetian gondolas attraction in the park; and Porto Paradiso, facing the harbor and Mt. Prometheus in the center of the park.

Here's a video showing a Porto Paradiso harbor-view room. And here's a review of the hotel from Disney Tourist Blog. I thought that the layout of the rooms seemed a lot like the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. But the view was something else!

Hello! Excited to see Tokyo Disney Sea. It has always looked sooo crazy amazing to me, like it's truly another world. I can't believe there is a resort INSIDE the park.

Adding 20 minutes from Thursday walking during lunch, got dizzy and sick on Friday, then 60 from Saturday walking in the park with an old college friend, nothing Sunday, and 45 from today walking during lunch and riding my stationary bike!
530/800

That's a really nice monorail! And the Duffy decor was too cute. I hope they have something special while you're there, @sophy1996 .

I love the music for the Brand New Dream show, especially Bella Notte and the song from Moana. I plan to watch Celebrate tonight, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing these!

Having seen the Duffy article, I'm going to make it a point to check out the monorails inside as well as out!

Sadly, they're ending both Celebrate and Brand New Dream before we get there IRL (Brand New Dream ends next week, and Celebrate at the end of April). They should have the electrical parade, though, and a new fireworks show called Disney Light the Night.

Greeting from WDW!!!
Such a busy pre vacation week but I managed 60 minutes last week.
Today, day 1 of our trip, I can add 90 minutes! That brings me to 245/1000.
Once again we don't have great weather but cool and damp beats 95 and blazing sun hands down!

Sophy1996, your trip to Tokyo sounds so exciting!

Greeting from WDW!!!
Such a busy pre vacation week but I managed 60 minutes last week.
Today, day 1 of our trip, I can add 90 minutes! That brings me to 245/1000.
Once again we don't have great weather but cool and damp beats 95 and blazing sun hands down!

Sophy1996, your trip to Tokyo sounds so exciting!

Hope you have lots of fun!

Having seen the Duffy article, I'm going to make it a point to check out the monorails inside as well as out!

Sadly, they're ending both Celebrate and Brand New Dream before we get there IRL (Brand New Dream ends next week, and Celebrate at the end of April). They should have the electrical parade, though, and a new fireworks show called Disney Light the Night.

I hope the new show is even better than these! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter