Ontario March Break 2020

We have never flown DTW to MCO in March. I have been looking at the Delta fares and they are more than I am accustomed to paying but it is not unexpected because it is near March break. Can anyone advise as to whether the fares will fluctuate up and down over the next couple of months or whether they will just increase?

Thanks for the heads up.
I booked March break 2020 and this year was able to use my WJD (Westjet dollars) to offset the cost.
YYZ-direct non stop to MCO return including advance seat purchase.
This year I did the outgoing flight when it opened using Westjet member exclusive fare.
And the return I just used the regular flights available.
So about $210.00 out of pocket.:dogdance:
My January trip I also used the Westjet companion voucher and got a good deal using my Westjet dollars,,only paid taxes and fees..
Applying all those home renovations to my Westjet card really helped.

Hugs
Mel
Did not know you were heading down this march. Should meet up you can meet the jam makers...should see if others are here and heading down too... staying at boardwalk we could all meet at the brewhouse for a pint...yum

This has been a weird year for air fares. I think it has to do with the 737 Max planes being grounded. Almost all the airlines have money (and routes) tied up on those. They're shuffling things around to try to make the least amount of losses. Unfortunately, that's resulted in higher fares all around.

We're driving this year.

This has been a weird year for air fares. I think it has to do with the 737 Max planes being grounded. Almost all the airlines have money (and routes) tied up on those. They're shuffling things around to try to make the least amount of losses. Unfortunately, that's resulted in higher fares all around.

We're driving this year.

Wow, I think you are right. I can’t believe some of the fares I’m getting when I’m looking at March break dates. Last year we flew down, it was pricey, but within our budget. This year it is outrageous, and direct flight choices and times seem limited. Hoping for a major seat sale soon.

West Jet just posted a
celebrate hockey season with big savings for the win.

15% off

For a limited-time only, kick-off the season with a big win and save 15% off base fares to all WestJet destinations. Hurry, and book now before the buzzer sounds!

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/lowfa...L 15%:20191002&deliveryName=DELMSG_20191002_B

Book by: October 3, 2019 (11:59 p.m. MT)*
Travel period: Now - April 30, 2020

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Did not know you were heading down this march. Should meet up you can meet the jam makers...should see if others are here and heading down too... staying at boardwalk we could all meet at the brewhouse for a pint...yum

Hey Mort
I am going to firm up plans after the New Year as I am thinking of switching out the trip to Universal Studios but I am waiting to see everyone's holiday schedules. If we do stay at OKW resort I am down for a brew.
Hugs
Mel

Funny, but I actually like that the 4 Ottawa Boards almost always go on slightly different weeks. As a manager it gives me a lot more flexibility in scheduling staff. The parents of kids in Catholic or French boards want different week off than those with kids in the Public board (my Quebec resident parents have a different week as well); makes my life a whole lot easier. I would think it is rare where families have kids in different boards, although it does happen here a bit with the Elementary to High School switch (most common time for kids to switch boards because of the physical location of the schools). Also gives us a couple of weeks of relief from rush hour gridlock here instead of just one really quiet week.
OCDSB (Public board) generally follows the Ministry calendar pretty closely, but sometimes they do take the date to a vote by the teachers; so it is certainly possible to not follow the calendar. The teachers chose to keep it on the same week last vote; probably because they had all booked their vacations already based on the ministry calendar :) I know how DW voted because we had our vacation booked for months in advance.

I'm always amazed (and delighted) by how much lighter the traffic is here in Ottawa on days when at least one of the school boards is off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter