Onsite hotels and Dinner Reservations

nicco5family

Mouseketeer
Is it correct that folks staying in onsite hotels at Universal sort of go to the "head of the line" at restaurants as far as walk ins go? Is it still a good idea to make reservations or just wing it and walk in?

It’s called priority seating.

Most restaurants have it, Toothsome, Bubba Gump and Cowfish don’t offer it.

There are occasions when they don’t implement this perk for onsite guests. You don’t mention when you re going. If you are going at a particularly busy time like Christmas week then I would make a booking if eating somewhere particular is important to you.

Good to know, since Toothsome and Cowfish will likely make our list. We will be at Universal February 26- March 2, Monday through Friday.
Sounds like it might be worth going ahead and making a few reservations then.
I was also thinking of Mythos. I need to scour other restaurant ideas!

Thanks, that is a very helpful article.

One question though. It says Toothsome offers priority seating for onsite guests. Is that accurate? I thought it wasn't offered there. I hope it is true, we plan on eating there next week.

Not sure about Toothsome, we didn’t eat there as it wasn’t that great for us, but it may have been added recently........but my husband reminded me we did get priority seating at Cowfish.......I didn’t realise as I was talking to someone as we checked in for a table..........:)

Thanks, that is a very helpful article.

One question though. It says Toothsome offers priority seating for onsite guests. Is that accurate? I thought it wasn't offered there. I hope it is true, we plan on eating there next week.
My friend was just there this past week, Sunday-Wednesday. They got there and it was an 80 minute wait. She mentioned the priority seating and they put them down and they got in after waiting about 30 minutes.

My friend was just there this past week, Sunday-Wednesday. They got there and it was an 80 minute wait. She mentioned the priority seating and they put them down and they got in after waiting about 30 minutes.

Thanks.
We went last weekend for Thanksgiving. When we checked into the Hard Rock the woman told us about the priority seating, but said it doesn't work at Bubba Gumps or Toothsome. We ate at Toothsome the day after Thanksgiving. When we arrived it was an 80 minute wait so we asked if they had priority seating and they said yes. We waited about 20 minutes for a table. It was great!

We were there last week as well. When we checked in at Toothsome, showing our HRH key was going to cut our wait time from what would've been an hour to 20 minutes. When the attendant asked if we'd like to sit on the patio, we were seated immediately.

Thank you for sharing this! For those of you who went to Toothsome, is it best to just get dessert or did you feel satisfied with your dinner meals?

Thank you for sharing this! For those of you who went to Toothsome, is it best to just get dessert or did you feel satisfied with your dinner meals?

The milkshakes that we got were pretty awesome, but as for the food.....it's a once and done for us.

The milkshakes that we got were pretty awesome, but as for the food.....it's a once and done for us.

We were the opposite. Our appetizers and dinner were very good, but the shakes took nearly 30 minutes to come out after we ordered them. They were good, but aside from the visual, they didn't taste like anything spectacular or out of the ordinary. It was a basic milkshake with a rice krispie treat or brownie (or whatever) on top.

We were the opposite. Our appetizers and dinner were very good, but the shakes took nearly 30 minutes to come out after we ordered them. They were good, but aside from the visual, they didn't taste like anything spectacular or out of the ordinary. It was a basic milkshake with a rice krispie treat or brownie (or whatever) on top.

With such inconsistent experiences across the board, it kinda makes a person wonder if Toothsome has staying power.

With such inconsistent experiences across the board, it kinda makes a person wonder if Toothsome has staying power.

Good point. I think considering how grand the place looks and how over the top those desserts are, it does make it a unique experience that people will be drawn to regardless of the inconsistent dining experiences. I know they've been open a while now, but I think I can give them some slack for new business growing pains/adjustments, and the crowds they've seen and probably continue to see.

Good point. I think considering how grand the place looks and how over the top those desserts are, it does make it a unique experience that people will be drawn to regardless of the inconsistent dining experiences. I know they've been open a while now, but I think I can give them some slack for new business growing pains/adjustments, and the crowds they've seen and probably continue to see.

I tend to agree.....their niche will always be a draw.

Your tag makes me giggle....there’s always another chance for me to lose my keys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!