Only been to Disneyland once

mjmcca

DIS Veteran
I have only been to Disneyland once as a young adult but have been to the Florida parks more time than i can count. Its been ages since i was in California. My daughter who is 17 has only been to Disney World and wants to go to Disneyland this summer. My son doesn't want to go anywhere so it will be just the two of us. I need all the help i can get. I think we will stay on property since I don't want to rent a car.

I have only been to Disneyland once as a young adult but have been to the Florida parks more time than i can count. Its been ages since i was in California. My daughter who is 17 has only been to Disney World and wants to go to Disneyland this summer. My son doesn't want to go anywhere so it will be just the two of us. I need all the help i can get. I think we will stay on property since I don't want to rent a car.
You don't need to rent a car at Disneyland eveen if you stay offsite. Unlike WDW, offsite hotels can b closer than onsite. Many offsite are a 5-10 min walk from room to gate. That said, I enjoy the Disneyland Hotel.

Check out Hydroguy's tips for WDW vets. https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-dlr-guide-for-wdw-vets.1162599/

A big difference between WDW and DLR is walkability. There are many off-site hotels right across the street, on Harbor Blvd., that will let you walk to the parks in just a few short minutes. If that's your primary reason for wanting to stay on site, you may want to save the hundreds of extra dollars it costs and stay across the street instead!

We drive down and just leave our car parked at the hotel, it's a short 10-15 minute walk. If we're tired at the end of the day, we just grab a cab at the pick up/drop off area.

You can find so many hotels/motels along Harbor and Katella that are at most a 20 minute walk. You can save so much money staying right across the street. Also, some of the off property hotels are a shorter walk to the turnstiles than the on property hotels.

You can stay off property, in fact some of the offsite hotels and motels are actually closer than some of the DL hotels. But of course you don't get the same perks. I never keep a car at Disneyland. We use super shuttle to get to Anaheim. We also almost always now use John Wayne airport NOT LAX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!