Online Check-in

Philsfan77

DIS Veteran
How far in advance can you do online check-in? We go in Early December, and I got an email saying I could check-in today which caught me by surprise. Is it worth it to check in this far in advance in terms of room requests? I used the online chat feature previously to make my request...If I do online check-in, should I make the same request again?

How far in advance can you do online check-in? We go in Early December, and I got an email saying I could check-in today which caught me by surprise.
Started out as 10 days out and then was changed to 60 around the time that advance FP+ selections started. Now it appears as if you can do it as soon as you book the room.

Is it worth it to check in this far in advance in terms of room requests?
Completing online check does not increase the chance of having room requests met.

If I do online check-in, should I make the same request again?
If you had MS note requests, don't add any during on-line check in.

Started out as 10 days out and then was changed to 60 around the time that advance FP+ selections started. Now it appears as if you can do it as soon as you book the room.

Completing online check does not increase the chance of having room requests met.

Thank you...is there a way to make sure/see your original room requests notes on MDE? I used the online chat feature and wasn't sure if there was a way to confirm it went in.

Thank you...is there a way to make sure/see your original room requests notes on MDE? I used the online chat feature and wasn't sure if there was a way to confirm it went in.
Not sure if they still do, but they used to show in the room request section of online check in.

I have never had my room requests show on MDE when I did online check in. I don’t do them often, though, so things could be different now,

Since room requests are just that, and not guarantee, there is no advantage of when you put them in.

The best way to verify they are there is to either call MS or use the chat feature to confirm.

This I always wondered about. On-line you are limited to a single choice from a limited drop-down list whereas with MS you can be more specific. On a couple of occasions it seemed like they only seen the on-line request which usually doesn't fully cover what I'm hoping for.

Last edited:
We always use on-line check-in, now available as soon as you book your room. We usually book the cheapest room category, so options are limited. But we like the anticipation of what kind of view we will get, and have yet to be disappointed. In 9 years, our rooms have always been ready at the time requested using on-line check-in. Love the 'Your roomis ready' text/email. YMMV.

I can say that we put in a room request with member services, and I did online check-in, but also put in a request similar to what I already requested. It over ruled my original request with member services. We ended up not getting the room we wanted. They were able to fix everything for us, but it did take a long time to get into our room. I now know to never do that again when I check-in online. Rookie mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter