Online check in ?

rramsr

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are a party of 9 going to the Word in July. We have two rooms one with a 5th sleeper and one for 4. Is it better to check in when we arrive so we can potentially get rooms adjoining or do online check in now? A request is already in for adjoining rooms

We always check in on arrival to discuss our options with a CM. You can do online check-in, of course, and still request a room change if you are not happy with the ones you have been assigned.

If you want adjoining rooms (or connecting- there is a difference so make sure you've requested correctly) and you have already called to have that request noted, then I would not complete online check-in and make further requests. It has a high potential to confuse the room assigner because they don't know if the highest priority is something you've selected at online check-in or having adjoining/ connecting rooms. To clarify, you can still complete online check-in (adding your contact info, your credit card info etc.) and just not select room preferences. Whether you do that or not, you can check with the front desk upon arrival if the room you are assigned is not what you want.

Do you want adjoining rooms or connecting rooms?

We would like rooms with a door inside between them to open. I always get confused if they are connecting or adjoining. When I made the request I specifically said rooms that the door opens inside between them

We would like rooms with a door inside between them to open. I always get confused if they are connecting or adjoining. When I made the request I specifically said rooms that the door opens inside between them
That's connecting. I would call back and tell them specifically that you want connecting rooms, use that term.

Yes, connecting and adjoining are indeed different, but I would do online check-in, if you don't like the rooms assigned, go to the front desk when you get there, but you actually stand a stronger chance of getting what you want with online check-in, as they can assign the rooms when they are available and not wait until you arrive when availability may be more limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!