Online check in w/ special request

jmartinez1895

DIS Veteran
Today while at my travel agents office I had her call the special reservations line to make sure that they had our request in the system
( VIP cleaning and ground floor due to wheelchair being the main request). The lady she spoke to told my TA to tell me to NOT use the online check in. She said that when you have special request for medical reasons you should never check in online because the rooms are auto selected by the computer. Instead you should just wait and check in at the resort, the CM checking you in will see the request ( you can also remind them) and they will be able to see all open rooms and place you in a room that should fit your needs and fix any problems right away. If you check in online and then it will take much longer to fix any issues as they have to take your confirmation out of the room you have been auto assigned and then put you in a new room. For VIP cleaning she said that the housekeeping will get the order and see that a room was not assigned and they will check with the room allocation department and at that time if there are other request ( such as ground floor) and will then assign a room that should work.
Of course there was also the usual disclaimer that it is a request and not a guarantee.
Just thought I'd pass this along in case there are others who might need this info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter