Online Check-in/Split charging privelidges?

DisneyDude71

Mouseketeer
AOA in 12 days! If I do online check in, I know i can set up my wifes, and my charging privlidges. But how complicated will it be for my Daughter and SIL to get charging privelidges on thier magic bands with their credit cards? Same reservation Nemo Suite. or should i just wait till we get there?

if they are on your reservation, then they will have charging capitbilities - you would just set a generic pin for them and they can go to the front desk and have it reset

Everything is charged to the room - its not charged to a specific CC - BUT you can get a printout at the front desk and add up their purchased and they can pay on the roomn charges with their own card

Everything is charged to the room - its not charged to a specific CC - BUT you can get a printout at the front desk and add up their purchased and they can pay on the roomn charges with their own card

You can get the front desk to set it up so charges by specific people go to specific credit cards. We have done it a few times when traveling with friends.

No, No, No. There is no need to do a manual review and the split the charges. Work with the Front Desk CM to get it setup.
You can get the front desk to set it up so charges by specific people go to specific credit cards. We have done it a few times when traveling with friends.
Yes, I second that this it the correct process, however make sure to verify that the Front Desk CM properly setup up each CC / MB pair correctly. Some CMs are great at assigning individual guests to have their individual charges charged to their CC instead of to the CC that is assigned to the room for incidental charges. Other CMs can't seem to get it done or done correctly.

Dave

We have asked and they said its not possible

Then ask to speak to a supervisor. We have had it done at POR, AKL, ASSP, ASM. My DD and her friend just did it in September. Sadly, You just got a uniformed cast member.

Correct that just means that the CM(s) that you asked did not know how to make the change or did not want to bother. Ask 3 CMs what time is the 3 PM parade and "Surprise" you might get 3 different answers.

Dave

The front desk can do it. But be careful about checking the bill they send to your e-mail the morning of checkout. They charged my cc for my bill and the other couple I was with. Front desk easily fixed the mistake although it took a couple of days to get the credit back on my card

It's possible during your 2017 trip that it wasn't possible again yet, but it is now.

Ask 3 CMs what time is the 3 PM parade and "Surprise" you might get 3 different answers.

Well that's righteous, because the true answer depends on where you're going to stand for it. If you're standing at the end, knowing that it's at 3 means nothing. If you're at the starting point of the parade, knowing it's x oclock when it gets to the end is useless.

As PPs have mentioned, the front desk should be able to assign different cards to different MBs so that this is not necessary. While this is a viable option (albeit, more work), you would have to keep track of the room charges (through MDE) and make sure the other people pay their own charges before the room charge limit is reached, and it gets applied to first credit card. I think the room limit is $1000 or $1500 now maybe.

It will be charged to a specific cc (entered while doing online check in) at checkout, unless they go to the front desk and have their credit card attached to their magicband charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter