Online check in questions

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Im day 60 today so how and what do I do for online checkin? We rented DVC points if that makes a difference. I went in to look on MDE and it only asked for my mobile number and a PIN number for charges. Is that for any extra charges (tips etc) on our magic band?

Yes. Anything you charge to the MB you need to use your PIN. Helps if you lose the MB to prevent fraud.

That's really the bulk of it these days.

I thought online check had room preferences, crib request etc? Or will I not see that for DVC rental?

If you have the option for online check in you should be able to see your options as with standard check in, you can request second floor room, corner, etc. However, I know DVC rental points may differ. I would give WDW a call and see what they can do. The online check in is nice since we were able to bypass the desk. Doesn't always happen but it's a perk when it does.

Room preferences have been very limited for all users of late. For DVC, about half the time the requests are rubbish (do not apply).

Room preferences have been very limited for all users of late. For DVC, about half the time the requests are rubbish (do not apply).
It really has. I just booked 3 different resort stays for January and not a single one of them have any options showing up
Not only that, it's working well before 60 days.
Or did I miss a change in the online check in day?

Or did I miss a change in the online check in day?

Yeah. It's now any time, not 60 days. But the trade-off is they removed most of the other functionality/requests. I think that may have been deliberate. So many of the standard request fields were rubbish, and people treated them as full-blown reservations, not requests that might not happen.

We rented DVC November last year at BWV. Requested "close to the lobby" and got it.

My check in date was last week. (We have a split stay with rented points) I was able to make choices then for both hotels, but now when I check all my choices are gone and there are no options at all to choose from.

My check in date was last week. (We have a split stay with rented points) I was able to make choices then for both hotels, but now when I check all my choices are gone and there are no options at all to choose from.

Sounds about right. The room request section during Online Check In has been broken for months now. One of the main reasons I've always preferred to call our room requests in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter