Online check in but early arrival

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
If I do online check in but arrive at the resort before 10 am can I go to the front desk to check if a room is ready early? Or am I stuck waiting for the online checked in room?

You can always ask. What have you got to lose? We always do online check in and we always check in again at the desk upon arrival. We like the interaction with the desk CM and I guess I'm always hoping for some pixie dust. Hasn't work yet but we keep trying.

I'd ask - depending on arrival day they may be able to get you in early. If I remember correctly, when you check in online it also asks when you expect to arrive.

Disclaimer: This is personal experience, your mileage may vary.

If request early check-in you will get a room earlier, I've had my text come in as early as 8:30am, but your room will be at the far far end of wherever you are because that's where they start cleaning.

You can absolutely go to the front desk. If you don't care where your room is, you can also ask if there are any rooms available right then if you really want a room.

You can always ask. What have you got to lose? We always do online check in and we always check in again at the desk upon arrival. We like the interaction with the desk CM and I guess I'm always hoping for some pixie dust. Hasn't work yet but we keep trying.
May I ask what the point/benefit is of doing online check-in if you check-in in person?

Of course you can. I've always gotten room ready texts very close to what I put in as my expected arrival time during online check in, sometimes as early as 8-9am even when I don't check that I want early check in above my other requests.

As others have indicated, you can ask. When you do online check-in it also asks you to check a box if arriving early is more important than your initial two selections. If you check that box, it lets them know that you would rather have an available room than have either of your two requests met (it is not impossible to have all 3- a room ready early, request 1, and request 2 but it can be less likely).

Disclaimer: This is personal experience, your mileage may vary.

If request early check-in you will get a room earlier, I've had my text come in as early as 8:30am, but your room will be at the far far end of wherever you are because that's where they start cleaning.
I'm not sure that's necessarily accurate. If the resort isn't full, there will be available (from the day before) rooms throughout the property; and housekeeperscare assigned throughout the resort. They can't all start at the far ends or fjrthest buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter