Online Check In at 60 days through MDE

jlsmith376

DIS Veteran
I have linked our upcoming DVC trip reservation to MDE and it is showing that I can do online check in now (our reservations are in 45 days). I haven't been able to get it to work though. I get an error on the final screen after I my make my room location selections. Has anyone had success with checking in online using MDE? It would be nice not to have to wait until the 10 day window.

I believe Feb 1, starts the 60 day online checkin. I could be wrong. But when I called about linking my 2 reservations two days ago. The MS told me I can do online checkin for that March ressie on Feb 1. But like I said I could be wrong, since I didn't ask a direct question about online checkin.

I have found that if you do a room request that doesn't coincide with what you have booked it will error out. Try doing the online check in without any room requests and see if that works. If it does you can then go back in and add the room requests

also make sure you use the DVC option off the list at www.mydisneyreservation.com

My resv is linked and I was able to complete my on-line check-in thru disneyworld.com I did have an issue adding a credit card (may have been operator error!). I called in and had MS add my credit card, they did say that DVC site would have 60 Day check-in avail in Feb as a fyi.

I just tried to check in online without any room requests and got the same error. Maybe I will call MS and find out what the problem is. I also have two reservation numbers that are supposed to be linked so maybe that is the problem, or maybe just have to wait until February 1st. Either way it sounds like we will be able to check in earlier than 10 days prior to arrival.

I guess I was unclear. You do check in right now for DVC by going to the official DVC site and to your vacation center where it will show your upcoming trip. When you are 10 days out (and not before) "Check-in OnLine" will be one of the options you can click on and then it takes you to where you check in online and you can do so. DVC members still cannot check in more than 10 days out, i.e., the 60 day check in on the regular Disney site is not set up yet to accept DVC check ins.

DVC members still cannot check in more than 10 days out, i.e., the 60 day check in on the regular Disney site is not set up yet to accept DVC check ins.

Somehow I was able to. It even allowed me to create a pin for My magic + for purchases :confused3

No biggie until the Fasspass + is active.

I just called MS and according to that person, the problem I am having is because of my linked reservation. Apparently online check in will not be available to us at all, but I was able to have them add my check in time and room request to the reservation.

I forgot to ask about having to wait until February 1st to check in online through MDE but it kind of sounded like if you don't have a linked reservation you should be able to check in online at 60 days through MDE. I also asked about Fastpass+ and she said they are randomly selecting resort guests to test it at this time - regular resort guests as well as DVC member reservations.

gdrj is your reservation linked under the same membership number? Mine is linked and each one is under a differnt membership number. Maybe that is my problem. If not it sounds like I need to call back and talk to a different MS person.

I did online checkin for all 3 of our DVC reservations through disneyworld.com.

Each one showed specific choices for the specific resort, like Carousel section for SSR, or Sunset Savanna for Kidani, as well as "close to lobby", and "ground floor", etc. You could choose up to 2. You could also click the box to ignore those requests so you could get into a room early if possible.

When I go back in to my reservations, I see wording that, paraphrased, asks if I want to edit the online checkin I already did.

"Check-in begins at
4:00 PM

Modify Check-In"

That last bit is a link on my page. I just changed my arrival time for Kidani and I could print the confirmation page if I wanted to.

Now...it took me WEEKS to get all of this done, trying at all different times as the website changed look and functionality. It would error out, it would tell me the server was busy, etc.

I've read several times that it WILL error out if you try to use a Disney Visa CC. (which is just so pathetic of Disney)

And it's all very dependent on your timing and luck.

Since we're still 10 days out from our first reservation (not a DVC resort...our checkin for Kidani is still 17 days away, with two more after that), I cannot prove that this has truly been seen by Disney and will work.

But it sure seems like it has worked!

gdrj is your reservation linked under the same membership number? Mine is linked and each one is under a differnt membership number. Maybe that is my problem. If not it sounds like I need to call back and talk to a different MS person.

Under the same membership number.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will keep trying the website and calling MS.

And bumbershoot, I have a Disney Visa and have also found that there is some glitch with using it for online checkin (always errors out) but seems to work with my other card. I think that's pretty pathetic too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter