Online check and go straight to park

ouchgirl

Earning My Ears
Hi, first time camping at Disney. Wondering if I can just do online check night before and go directly to the parks? Will I be able to get free parking with my old magic bands from a previous trip?

I’m from Canada so I won’t get magic bands delivered in advance. Or do i have to go get the new bands first before going into the parks? Thanks for your help.

Since you are camping are you going to take your camping gear/TT/Motorhome to the park?

I’m meeting up with the rest of my famly later at the Campsite. I want to hit the parks before they arrive with their rv late afternoon but the booking is under my name.

You can do online check in at any time. No need to wait until the night before.
Yes you can go directly to the park on check in day.
Yes you can use old magic bands as they are all interchangeable.

I’m meeting up with the rest of my famly later at the Campsite. I want to hit the parks before they arrive with their rv late afternoon but the booking is under my name.

So I guess yea ditch them and enjoy the parks while they set up camp. :cool1:

Last edited:
Your old MB will work at any touch point (near field tech). So park admission, FP's, charging things to you room account, and parking (theme and FW) will not be an issue. Ride photos/videos (far field tech) may not work depending on how old your bands are as those things are battery dependent. There is no way of knowing about the battery until you notice that you didn't get ride any photos/videos. I guess you could also tell at the end of Small World as it would not have your name listed. When they first came out Disney figured a two year life span on the batteries, one of the reasons they would give you new ones each trip, I'm not sure if they have increased their life span estimate with the new puck style bands. Some have reported longer battery life.

Your old MB will work at any touch point (near field tech). So park admission, FP's, charging things to you room account, and parking (theme and FW) will not be an issue. Ride photos/videos (far field tech) may not work depending on how old your bands are as those things are battery dependent. There is no way of knowing about the battery until you notice that you didn't get ride any photos/videos. I guess you could also tell at the end of Small World as it would not have your name listed. When they first came out Disney figured a two year life span on the batteries, one of the reasons they would give you new ones each trip, I'm not sure if they have increased their life span estimate with the new puck style bands. Some have reported longer battery life.
When you do online check in and give all your info(including Visa number) do they charge your Visa for your entire stay at that time or when you actually arrive and finish process.

When you do online check in and give all your info(including Visa number) do they charge your Visa for your entire stay at that time or when you actually arrive and finish process.

With a room only res I have been charged after I arrived. The CC you give for online check in is used for incidentals and/or charging things to your room. I don't think it even has to be the same card you used when you made the room reservation.

Similar but slightly different question - we check in to FW on a Saturday, can we park at the TTC that morning and then move to FW in the early afternoon when check-in time rolls around? Am I correct in assuming RV parking isn't covered in the free parking (45' DP + toad) for staying on site? Has anyone parked at the TTC with a big rig or should we just plan to only have a half day in the parks that day and arrive in time for check-in?

TIA
Joey

Similar but slightly different question - we check in to FW on a Saturday, can we park at the TTC that morning and then move to FW in the early afternoon when check-in time rolls around? Am I correct in assuming RV parking isn't covered in the free parking (45' DP + toad) for staying on site? Has anyone parked at the TTC with a big rig or should we just plan to only have a half day in the parks that day and arrive in time for check-in?

TIA
Joey

Why not just park at FW main parking lot? I know for sure you can do that.

TIA
Joey
Why not go straight to fort and see if you can check in early(lots of times you can). If not you can park in overflow lot (free) and do what ever. They will call you when your spot is ready.

Thanks, I wasn't sure there was ever room in the lot at FW - always filled with cars/small trailers that don't belong in the large spots but that is probably a worthwhile first step assuming check-in isn't ready.

Thank you!

Thanks, I wasn't sure there was ever room in the lot at FW - always filled with cars/small trailers that don't belong in the large spots but that is probably a worthwhile first step assuming check-in isn't ready.

Thank you!
There us a large grass lot north of the paved lot that will hold big rigs if not too wet. We have used it (we are 45' and towing) and not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!